Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

HI Guys, just to let you know of an art exhibition going on in Sligo until the 22nd of October.

http://www.thecatandthemoon.com/gallery.aspx
    (its the 3rd one down)

Artist: Poilin McGowan.

Poilin is well known for her semi abstract works. As well as showcasing her latest semi abstract work, Poilin has included some eye catching pieces that resemble a near likeness the subject.

Poilin also has some pieces in the Zozimus gallery Dublin (Francis street)along with other Sligo artists. http://www.galleryzozimus.ie/Exhibitions/Sligo%20Art/Poilin%20McGowan/Exgallery.php
    I hope this is of interest to some of you and if you have the time please check them out.

The Atrium in Sligo is open 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week (If you are into architecture its supposedly amazing? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

This course explores nature and the natural world as a rich resource for drawing and realising ideas.
    One day a week, over four weeks with Mark Beatty €50. Sat 10:30am-12:30pm. Starts Nov 1st. Open to all skill levels.

Enquiries and Bookings:
    The Red Stables, St Anne’s Park
    Dublin 3
    Tel: 01 222 7377
    Email: red.stables@dublincity.ie

Dublin City Council Arts Office
    The Lab, Foley Street, Dublin 1
    Tel: 01 222 7841
    Email: liz.coman@dublincity.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

This is a new blog, which we're hoping will become Irelands First Textile Directory. We provide information, access and directions to all things textile in Ireland. So whether your looking to buy or sell, learn or teach, visit or promote your skills, contact us. Take a look at the Submissions page to get a full load-down on what you can find from us, or even what you could do for us...All aspects of textiles, eg, knitting, crochet, felting, weaving, patchwork, etc, are being promoted. All listings are free.

woollyway[AT]gmail[DOT]com
    www.woollyway.blogspot.com

mermaiden wrote: »
    Hi! Does anyone know if there are any knitting or craft groups in Ballina, Co. Mayo please?:)
    Check out www.olannban.net, its gives listings of all the knitting groups around the country. Theres some info on www.woollyway.blogspot.com about the Connaught Textile Crafters, who meet up in the Folk Life Museum, Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tgirl

Hi does anyone know of a part time pattern drafting course? I've been on a couple of courses in the Grafton Academy and would like to try something new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Hi everyone!
    Cork Crop has been running in Cork for just over a year now, we have a scrapbook workshop on a monthly basis covering all types of techniques suitable for enthusiastic beginners to more experienced scrappers. Check the blog at www.corkcroppers.blogspot.com for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Hi I was just watching nationwide and they were at a sewing and stich exhibition in the rds i was just wondering if anyone had any info on this... is it still on or has it finished any info will be useful

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nomnivore

trishw78 wrote: »
    Hi I was just watching nationwide and they were at a sewing and stich exhibition in the rds i was just wondering if anyone had any info on this... is it still on or has it finished any info will be useful

thanks

It finished on Sunday. It was on from the 30th-2nd and was amazing - I ended up with several bags of yarn and other supplies. It's on every year, so if you're interested you can go next year, or there's one in a couple weeks in London.

www.twistedthread.com has more info

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shellz

tgirl wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know of a part time pattern drafting course? I've been on a couple of courses in the Grafton Academy and would like to try something new

Fabric Gallery in Bray run a pattern drafting course - I think a new one should be starting sometime in January. The number is 01 286 0979.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mirabelka1

I heard that they have very nicee felting claasses in Feanor Craft Shop in Galway on Bohermore, :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mirabelka1

I recommend the Feanor Craft Shop - Galway Felting classes, quick , made easy, and well priced, You can get details on 091 500 148

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 icatcher

I run children's art classes in Portmarnock on Thursdays and Fridays, they're great fun. Check out my website on www.planetart.ie

Cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lollie22

Hi All,

Just letting you all know of the new Craft Club starting in Wexford on the 28th of February. Its a club for Card-Makers & Scrapbookers of all levels. Even if you havent tried either but would like to start please come along and chat to some of our experienced members.

Please visit www.southeastcrafters.blogspot.com

All places must be pre-booked - to book your place please email southeastcrafters@hotmail.com

This club will be monthly and will be held the last Saturday of each month. (Subject to change) Please check site for updates.

Regards
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Womble25

The National Print Museum has recently updated their list of craft workshops for adults and children for 2009. It has a broad range of high quality workshops so is defo worth a look!!

www.nationalprintmuseum.ie
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Isabelita

Hello:
    I'm new in Dublin and i'd like to get a present for my mom in law who's hooked on in quilting/patchwork
    Anyone recommend any store where i could find such materials?

Let me know
    Thanks and Regards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 quilterlady

If you click here you will find the Irish Patchwork Society's website. There is one shop in the centre of Dublin that sells patchwork and quilting fabrics - Hickey's in Henry Street. The only other shop that I know of is in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and is called 'Inspirations'. This shop also sells other craft items.

Our IPS bi-annual exhibition 'Hands Across the Border' is currently at the Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin. For more details please see the IPS website.

I am a founder member of the South Midlands branch of the Irish Patchwork Society.

best wishes

Susan.

I have a few places listed here Woolly Way of Ireland, or check out this blog, Irish Traveller, she has the most comprehensive list of Irish suppliers I've ever come across..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 yvontune@iolfre

The Kilcoole Craft Club

Are having a Show Case Event in

The Premier Arts and Crafts Shop in Greystones

On Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th of March 2009

Join Yvonne, Mary and members for a fun packed weekend of Card Making Demonstrations,

Showing you lots of different techniques,

For Beginners to Advanced Card Makers

Card Scoring, Stamping, Embossing, Matting and layering, Colour combinations, how to use Water Colour pens, Gel pens, Peel-offs, Making your own Inserts, Toppers and how to Decoupage, Tools Glues and everything else you want help with.

Time

Saturday -11.00 to 4.00

Sunday -12.00 to 4.00

There is no Charge for this event and everyone is welcome.

Premier Crafts will have lots of Weekend Specials

Log on to our Wedsite for full details

http//www.cardartoriginals.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LaVidalerie

I am running a variety of jewellery making workshop holidays and short breaks in France (cheap flights from Dublin to Rodez).

Workshops include
    Week of Jewellery Making
    Chain Mail Jewellery
    Tiara & Wedding Jewellery
    Introduction to Jewellery
    and our newest workshop - Rosary Workshop - Designing and making various types of rosary.

Accommodation, transfers from and to airport, breakfast & lunch and materials are included.

You can find more information on my website (address on my profile) or contact me via the forum.

Karen
    La Vidalerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Niamh1978

Card making is becoming increasingly popular and is a wonderful hobby.

I am holding a card making workshop on the 29th March between 11am - 4pm in Portmarnock Sports & Leisure Centre, Co. Dublin

Class places are limited to 10 people only, so early booking is advised.

Cost of course is €40 which includes card making kits, tea and coffee. You are required to bring a basic tool kit of straight edged scissors, curved manicure scissors, double sided tape and mounting foam pads.

For further information or to book your place please email craftyniamh@yahoo.ie

To view some of the cards I have made please visit www.niamhspurpleribboncards.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 zipped

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend...

I am looking to improve my model making skills for the purpose of my studies in architecture- can anyone recommend any classes/courses/links/books etc.? My interests are primarily in card, ceramics, mould making, metal work etc. Much Appreciated!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vocalvenus

Anyone interested in life drawing classes in Drogheda area please pm me for more details.

Friendly group - all levels welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Art exhibtion in Sligo. 23rd May - 17th June.

Cat and the moon gallery

Oil paintings by Poilin McGowan
    Acrylic Paintings by Brenda McArdle

http://www.thecatandthemoon.com/gallery.aspx

Hope to see you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I am looking to fill a room for our schools forthcoming summer fair. I have been given a class room to have a craft room in.

What I am looking for is people who may want to sell their crafts or simply to demo or display them. What I am not however looking for are card makers (sorry!)

So it may suit - Jewelery, Glassmakers, Quilters, or anything really.

Date - Sunday 21st June - time 12.30 to 4.30 - location - Castleknock.

There would be no charge for the stall , a donation would be most welcome but that would be at your discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

24 hour comics day 2009 will take place October 17th and 18th at the Central Hotel in Dublin. We're putting an anthology together for this years event. You can find more information at the event website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cora c

Hi,
    Check out www.sherkinart.com to get information on the Artist workshops which will run there this July, The workshop will run from MOnday to Friday and is all inclusive. €750 will include all ferries, meals, accomodation, tuition and materials. The workshop is run by well known artist Majella O Neill Collins and Mural artist Cora Collins [me!]:cool:
    There are still some places available, although we like to keep the numbers to less than 12 so we can enjoy and get to know each other.:eek:
    Phone me on [087] 8319929. You'd be very welcome and inspired in Sherkin Island in West Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cora c

Hi,

Check out www.sherkinart.com to get information on the Artist workshops which will run there this July, The workshop will run from MOnday to Friday and is all inclusive. €750 will include all ferries, meals, accomodation, tuition and materials. The workshop is run by well known artist Majella O Neill Collins and Mural artist Cora Collins [me!]

There are still some places available, although we like to keep the numbers to less than 12 so we can enjoy and get to know each other.

Phone me on [087] 8319929. You'd be very welcome and inspired in Sherkin Island in West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Hi
    If you are based in Greystones or surrounding areas I just want to let you know about the Card Making Classes that I run.

There are 2 classes to chose from
    Tuesday night 7 - 9pm
    or
    Friday morning 10am - 12 pm

We make a variety of cards using a number or techniques - stamping, embossing, decoupage and many others and the classes are great fun - suited to anyone from the absolute beginner to intermediate

Cost is 12.00 per class and that includes all your materials and tea/coffee and biscuits.

So if you would like to join us - please phone me at 086-8731425 or PM me and I will give you any further details you need.

Thanks Brenda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 thomasmi

crafts- does some one need wax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FICOCO

Hi all sewing enthusiasts!

My name is fiona and I'd like to let you know about my Beginners sewing classes starting on the first of September in Island Bridge, Dublin 8.

It will be on Tuesday nights for two hours each week for ten weeks. I will teach you how to use the sewing machine and to make a clothing item (to fit you) by the end of the ten weeks.

Maximum class size is 4 students, so you will get one to one tuition whatever your level of skill.

For further details visit my blog
    http://embellishisland.blogspot.com/

Happy sewing!
    Ficoco
    PS.
    Don't forget to subscibe to my blog or add yourself as a friend on boards! I look forward to hearing from you!

[/SIZE]

Advertisement