Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long before Irish reunification?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,820 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    Are you guys not playing catch on uk with payments to employees I think you have been embarrassed into it. Uk nailed it there

We are having the usual competency issues of a FG government, but our experts, guided by the WHO are getting it correct.

You guys are floundering about, have dropped the herd immunity insanity and are trying to catch up. You are on the same graph/growth as Italy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    Sensible ?

Boris refusing to take part in an eu wide scheme on ventilators and emergency equipment supplies...because ‘we are not in the Eu’

Sensible????

Thousands of people are going to die because of his utter fvking stupidity.

There are a million words you could attach to the UKs suicidal approach on this.

Sensible definitely isn’t among those words.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    They sensible way ahead

Yeah? That shower of idiots that betrayed Unionism and yet you still look to them like orphans seeking out someone to love them?

Irish people in the north are following the lead of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

They sensible way ahead

As I said, zero traction, maybe even hostility?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    UK should have aligned with us instead of now playing catch-up.

In the last few days, Ireland has mirrored what the UK has already done!Are you following this as it unfolds francie or just jumping on the bandwagon to have a go at the dastardly Brits?

• Advertisement

RobMc59 wrote: »
    In the last few days, Ireland has mirrored what the UK has already done!Are you following this as it unfolds francie or just jumping on the bandwagon to have a go at the dastardly Brits?

Rob wants us to ignore how the UK started on this.

Typical.

Which bit of 'playing catch up' did you not understand?

PS I am not 'knocking the Brits', once again I am doing something far worse IMO...I am feeling sorry for them...in the same way I would feel sorry for a citizenry under the kosh of a dictatorial elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,045 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Runaways wrote: »
    Sensible ?

Boris refusing to take part in an eu wide scheme on ventilators and emergency equipment supplies...because ‘we are not in the Eu’

Sensible????

Thousands of people are going to die because of his utter fvking stupidity.

There are a million words you could attach to the UKs suicidal approach on this.

Sensible definitely isn’t among those words.

I think you’ve got your facts wrong yet again. My understanding is that he did not make that choice. But sure it’s a better story that way.

10-15 years
    I think you’ve got your facts wrong yet again. My understanding is that he did not make that choice. But sure it’s a better story that way.

Oh wow. How are You so consistently and constantly wrong?

You’re some laugh

Yeah? That shower of idiots that betrayed Unionism and yet you still look to them like orphans seeking out someone to love them?

Irish people in the north are following the lead of Dublin.

Hahaha. And they are getting 80% of their wages guaranteed by uk. Ask any one of them where they’d rather be roi or ni. I know the answer. Lol

As I said, zero traction, maybe even hostility?

From which quarter did you detect hostility ?

• Advertisement

Oh wow. How are You so consistently and constantly wrong?

You’re some laugh

So maybe you will tell us where you got the idea that boris chose not to go with eu respirators plan.
    I could be wrong and await you evidence. But I am not often wrong on here

• Registered Users Posts: 37,492 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ulster Says No. It will never happen
    I think we won't see a United Ireland until the likes of Francie is dead and buried. Too much hate for the other side, too much sympathy for PIRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

30-40 years
    They sensible way ahead

why would the ROI team up with the UK? what kind of suggestion is that and how would it help anyone?

10-15 years
    So maybe you will tell us where you got the idea that boris chose not to go with eu respirators plan.
    I could be wrong and await you evidence. But I am not often wrong on here

Oh god. lol.
    There’s an actual quote from number ten I quoted almost verbatim

https://twitter.com/ub5simon/status/1243443210770436096?s=21

https://twitter.com/benkentish/status/1243143276133261316?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

10-15 years
    Rob wants us to ignore how the UK started on this.

Typical.

Which bit of 'playing catch up' did you not understand?

PS I am not 'knocking the Brits', once again I am doing something far worse IMO...I am feeling sorry for them...in the same way I would feel sorry for a citizenry under the kosh of a dictatorial elite.

Weren't you saying Ireland need to erect a border a couple of days ago?-bit of a change of direction there francie?
    I sometimes feel sorry for you and your mates too when you try to gang up on Downcow and he replies with a few well presented,relevant comments and you fold like a cheap tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

30-40 years
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I think we won't see a United Ireland until the likes of Francie is dead and buried. Too much hate for the other side, too much sympathy for PIRA.

We'll see a UI when a majority vote for it. Check out the Good Friday agreement - it doesn't make any reference to Francie dying as a precondition.

Have you run out of colouring books?

I was about to accept I was wrong and apologise, but I have just read your linked article and it is really not clear who is correct. So unless you can provide a little bit more concrete evidence, I will withhold that apology.

But do not worry it is clear I will wholeheartedly apologise

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Weren't you saying Ireland need to erect a border a couple of days ago?-bit of a change of direction there francie?
    I sometimes feel sorry for you and your mates too when you try to gang up on Downcow and he replies with a few well presented,relevant comments and you fold like a cheap tent!

You and maryishere used back one and other up too if I remember. She was fond of the 'sweeping the floor' metaphor too.

The reason downcow is, forgive me for being harsh, being laughed at here is that it is obvious that he is an unrepentant Loyalist, here to con a few gullible people into the notion that he is an earnest Unionist.

While your defence of him is admirable and patriotic, it is also misguided and, to be harsh again, a rather lonely stint.

You and maryishere used back one and other up too if I remember. She was fond of the 'sweeping the floor' metaphor too.

The reason downcow is, forgive me for being harsh, being laughed at here is that it is obvious that he is an unrepentant Loyalist, here to con a few gullible people into the notion that he is an earnest Unionist.

While your defence of him is admirable and patriotic, it is also misguided and, to be harsh again, a rather lonely stint.

Francie could you tell me what an unrepentant loyalist is and what an earnest unionist is - because (i don't want to fry your brains at this time on a Saturday night) but i think i may be both

I am certainly an unrepentant loyalist in that i am unrepentant for (wkat you see as the great sin) of being loyal to UK and and in particular the NI community. I am an earnest unionist as i do earnestly feel my future is best served in the UK.

So no conning intended - I am the real deal lol

Well downcow...I believe Loyalism and Unionism needs to repent for a lot more than you do.

What is an unrepentant Loyalist...one who threatens that he would not be peaceful if what was agreed in the GFA came to pass. One that has never addressed fully just what it was caused the conflict/war in the north.

Ian Paisley understood what it was they had done. I think his acceptance of McGuinness's right to share power was his way of repenting a bit. He still had a way to go. Unionism and Loyalism still has a way to go.

• Advertisement

We are having the usual competency issues of a FG government, but our experts, guided by the WHO are getting it correct.

You guys are floundering about, have dropped the herd immunity insanity and are trying to catch up. You are on the same graph/growth as Italy.

I am a bit baffled by this continual praise of your government around Covid. I know that many of you do not like facts and statistics but you should not completely ignore them.

We had our first case on January 30 and you had your first case on February 28.
    Already you have twice as many cases per million people as we do. I just don't know where your deriving your comfort from. You have a Prime Minister who knee-jerk whilst in Washington and did not even communicate his plans with NI, never mind the UK.
    You may argue that we are not testing as much as you, but it is shocking that you have more than one third as many serious cases when your population is much less that 10% of ours.

You really need to drop the hate Boris focus, and focus a little on what you're doing yourselves

Well downcow...I believe Loyalism and Unionism needs to repent for a lot more than you do.

What is an unrepentant Loyalist...one who threatens that he would not be peaceful if what was agreed in the GFA came to pass. One that has never addressed fully just what it was caused the conflict/war in the north.

Ian Paisley understood what it was they had done. I think his acceptance of McGuinness's right to share power was his way of repenting a bit. He still had a way to go. Unionism and Loyalism still has a way to go.

Once again Francie does not answer the question he was asked

You may argue that we are not testing as much as you, but it is shocking that you have more than one third as many serious cases when your population is much less that 10% of ours.

:):):)

Just wow.

Once again Francie does not answer the question he was asked

Downcow:
    Francie could you tell me what an unrepentant loyalist is

FRANCIE:

:):):)

Just wow.

Francie are you going to complain about this evidence as well
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Downcow:

FRANCIE:

Disingenuous francie. I wont bother posting it. other posters can check (if they even need to) how francie clipped my post to change its meaning. Its clear i wanted to know the difference in the two terms - but anyhow, its not worth my energy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

10-15 years

Total deaths - uk 1,019.

That's close to how many members of the british armed forces were killed by the PIRA. That's a lot.

Disingenuous francie. I wont bother posting it. other posters can check (if they even need to) how francie clipped my post to change its meaning. Its clear i wanted to know the difference in the two terms - but anyhow, its not worth my energy

Ian Paisley is your earnest Unionist downcow because he aknowledged what had been done was totally wrong and did something about it..he agreed to share power. finally.
    YOU are still trying to make it the fault of the IRA.

Jaysus, do you need a diagram?

You have double the deaths per million...you do know what that means if it continues to rise in that ratio?

• Advertisement

You have double the deaths per million...you do know what that means if it continues to rise in that ratio?

Its terrible that you have sucked me into a deaths competition, but you do know that you had as many deaths today in ROI as we in NI have had during this whole fiasco?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement