Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost to bore your own well

Options
  • 27-03-2020 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

What cost is it roughly to bore your own well? I know it all depends on how deep but just looking for peoples average costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

As you say it completely depends on the depth and how much steel lining they need to use. You also need to factor in the cost of the pumping equipment, filtering and softening, the electricity to power it and somewhere to house the equipment. My total cost of getting drinkable water in the house was about €7000 and I was able to house the equipment in the garage with electricity readily available. Running costs are ~€200 per year not including electricity. This is for salt for the softener and UV filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

psmcano2 wrote: »
    What cost is it roughly to bore your own well? I know it all depends on how deep but just looking for peoples average costs?

There are so many variables in this as per previous poster. I was quoted 8,000 to 10,500 which depended on the gound etc and if it needed to be sealed.

There are also the run costs to consider, we had our own well for 17 years in last house and there were costs for electricity, servicing, breakdowns, salt etc. I would recommend investing in an Owl device to monitor ESB consumption was we got caught out with excessive electricity usage over 2 months due to faulty sensor on the pump.

The water quality however was excellent, just can't drink water from the mains tap in the new house.

Advertisement