Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash (lean to)

• 25-03-2020 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,
    I am building a lean to shed against my existing garage wall. I am concerned about water ingress where the concrete wall and timber met. I was looking at some flashing but I am unsure of my options. I haven't used flashing and if I can I would like to avoid lead. I see on US Youtube videos there seems to be aluminum strips that be fitter but I can't seem to find anything similar.
    Any advice?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What is the roofing material?
    Is the wall a smooth finish?
    Will the roof support your weight?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dominoplex

What is the roofing material?
    Is the wall a smooth finish?
    Will the roof support your weight?

I am thinking about felt over ply for the finish. It will only be to store logs so no need for anything too tough.
    The garage wall is smooth, yeah.
    I don't plan on ever walking on it!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

dominoplex wrote: »
    I am thinking about felt over ply for the finish. It will only be to store logs so no need for anything too tough.
    The garage wall is smooth, yeah.
    I don't plan on ever walking on it!

thanks

How will you felt and flash if you don't know if it will take your weight?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dominoplex

How will you felt and flash if you don't know if it will take your weight?

Ah, looking to catch me out eh!? I was more thinking I wouldn't be using the roof as anything day to day. It should (will) hold me while I roof it and tie into the garage wall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement