Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing flight with Aer lingus

Options
  • 16-03-2020 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    As per title- looking at changing flights with Aer lingus from May to September- I’m aware that no change fee will apply. However when I try to change my flights through my booking to the September date it works out much more expensive that if I was to do a new booking for the September dates.

This to me is very disingenuous and a very obvious way of them reclaiming the ‘waived’ change fee & more

Or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

This is the usual BS with the airlines.
    They waive the fee but still want to charge you the difference in the fares.

One option is to change your flight to new dates and hope that they cancel either leg.

Aer Lingus is cutting all salaries by 50% so I'd expect some serious cancellations soon.

Other alternative it to take a voucher +10% offer.
    "We have introduced a voucher offer for guests booked on flights between 21 March and 31 May 2020. We are offering guests the value of their flights (fare, taxes and charges, ancillary purchases) plus 10%. For example, if a guest's flight cost €200, we will issue a voucher to the value of €220."

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/voucher-refund-request-form/

It's valid for 5 years but I'd still rather the cash in my pocket.

Advertisement