Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not seen my consultant in 5 years

• 12-03-2020 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I've been going to a public hospital regularly for the past 5 years under the care of a consultant.

The consultants name is always on my appointment letters but I have only seen him once in the past 5 years.

I always end up seeing one of his assistants.

I'm just wondering if this is normal to basically never see the consultant you are suppose to be under the "care" of ?

The consultant in question also works in the private system.

It feels like he may be trying to push me and other people over to the private system in order to see him in person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Hey. It's normal enough and I wouldn't be too panicked. The consultant is at the helm of the team you're being seen by but you could always ask to see them next time if you'd prefer, to get some peace of mind. They might be able to facilitate that :)

Advertisement