Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit repair

• 02-03-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I bought an expensive suit last season (Hubb) and it was ruined after a few weeks with nicks and two tears. Really dissapointed and can't get it on guarantee. Anyone know anyone who can do repairs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

warbird wrote: »
    I bought an expensive suit last season (Hubb) and it was ruined after a few weeks with nicks and two tears. Really dissapointed and can't get it on guarantee. Anyone know anyone who can do repairs

Nicks can be treated with Blackwitch Neoprene Glue.

For anything bigger- get yourself a needle, stitch up the tear (from both inside and out) using dental floss, and cover with Blackwitch. Very easy to do, and I can confirm it works perfectly for tears over 10cm at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Nicks can be treated with Blackwitch Neoprene Glue.

For anything bigger- get yourself a needle, stitch up the tear (from both inside and out) using dental floss, and cover with Blackwitch. Very easy to do, and I can confirm it works perfectly for tears over 10cm at least.

Can confirm this works a charm. Aquaseal is good too but Blackwitch is more flexible for a swimming wetsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭S_D

Base2race fix them either and do a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

I strongly recommend:
    http://www.drysuittailors.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

505173.jpg
    For particularly bad rips I have repaired wetsuits in the past with the method Kurt outlined above. Reinforce the repair by using old bicycle tubes as repair patches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 warbird

Thanks a million guys - appreciated

Anyone needing a good deal on a Hubb Archimedes recently repaired let me know !

Advertisement