Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Lundstram wrote: »
    Any reason you switched Jota to Jimi? Jota in much better form and seems to score a lot higher when he's on it. Two double digit scores in a row now. Also much cheaper. Might help you to get in Doherty in place of Saiss. Lose Hanley too, better options out there.

Jimi is more consistent that Jota in the long run, Jota is very streaky

Yep considering options on the 1.6 itb. I was just getting in players who I knew were going to rise straight away. There’s always value in having cheap playing defenders though...

Will probably have to get a playing keeper in for BB but I might leave it with just Pope for now.

km79 wrote: »
    Why would you leave 1.6 ITB
    Use some of it to upgrade Hanley , luiz and maybe cahill

That will leave selection headaches though? Luiz looks to be the cheapest playing midfielder and he gets the odd return.

I’m sure the money will come in handy but I can’t see myself dropping any of the other 8 attackers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

That will leave selection headaches though? Luiz looks to be the cheapest playing midfielder and he gets the odd return.

I’m sure the money will come in handy but I can’t see myself dropping any of the other 8 attackers at the moment.

There are blanks to navigate
    Look at the fixtures when fa cup is done
    I gave myself a selection headache on Wildcarding with Henderson and Egan along with Pope and Taylor
    I’m 16 points better off this week and still have Henderson and Egan for their good fixtures AND DGW

Also I think I’d go mane over salah ........
    Nice team though

km79 wrote: »
    Also I think I’d go mane over salah ........
    Nice team though

Yeah, that might happen before the end of the week just have Salah for now as he was already in my team and I might lose value if I sell him. Neither in danger of rising though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I might wildcard tonight and beat some price rises. Needed a lot of transfers anyways. Wildcarding early so I can pre-navigate any blanks after the cup games midweek. Still have BB & FH left also.

Pope McCarthy
    Saiss Fernandez TAA Egan Williams
    KDB Salah Fernandes Duda Mahrez
    Jota Ings PEA

0.9 in the bank. Which gives some room for any other players to replace Duda or Ings. Maybe DCL. I know Bruno Fernandes has down tough fixtures and potential blanks but he has form now and takes a lot of set pieces. I presume he will stay on penalties even with Martial back?

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think I might wildcard tonight and beat some price rises. Needed a lot of transfers anyways. Wildcarding early so I can pre-navigate any blanks after the cup games midweek. Still have BB & FH left also.

Pope McCarthy
    Jota Ings PEA

0.9 in the bank. Which gives some room for any other players to replace Duda or Ings. Maybe DCL. I know Bruno Fernandes has down tough fixtures and potential blanks but he has form now and takes a lot of set pieces. I presume he will stay on penalties even with Martial back?

He has already taken a pen with Martial on the pitch
    He is the penalty taker now without a doubt
    Nice team
    But with 0.9 in the bank change Williams to a definite starter
    Charlie Taylor is still only .1 dearer I think and has no blanks.
    Double City mid is also a nono for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FitzShane wrote: »

Pope McCarthy
    Jota Ings PEA

Nice team. I’d be dropping one of the higher priced kids and going with a more attacking premium defender

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thanks lads.

Yeah I think I'll put in Taylor over Williams. Tougher fixtures, but as you said he is a starter and 2 is better than 0. Also a better option for BB.

I could upgrade Saiss to Doherty & change Mahrez for one of the Leicester mids, Grealish or Berjwign. Probably the latter as I've success when opening Spurs players this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Doherty would be the first defender on my wild card. He's got attacking returns in all 4 of his last games in all competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Meant to use my Wildcard last week.
    Had a late change of heart as I hadn't activated it until Friday, so just did Aguero/Redmond to Jimi/Bergwijn.

Finished the GW on 47 -4. Disaster. Sitting at 1.6m OR.
    Might aswell use it now so going to bring in some fun players as I might aswell just enjoy the last 11 Gws.

Big decision now is the Salah/Mane double up or TAA/Robertson.

Currently sitting on:
    Pope McCarthy
    TAA Soy Saiss Lascelles Taylor
    Salah Mane Moura Snodgrass Saka
    Ings Jimi Vardy (1.6m left to maybe switch to Auba)

Should I just hold Vardy and spend the Auba money?
    Could also use it to get KdB in at some point.

Edit: might get Saint-maxim. Instead of Snodgrass. He seems like a laugh

I'd be getting some Watford cover in there. Sarr for Moura. A Jimi & Jota double up wouldn't be a bad idea either imo, their next few fixtures are decent. Vardy to Jota means you could upgrade Saiss to Doherty. Prefer Antonio to Snodgrass too but you mightn't have the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ederson Pope

TAA Robbo Boly Doherty Taylor

KDB Mahrez Salah Saka Capoue

Auba Jota Nketiah

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭The Guru 123

Ederson Pope

TAA Robbo Boly Doherty Taylor

KDB Mahrez Salah Saka Capoue

Auba Jota Nketiah

Too much tied up in the keepers I think, presumably you want Ederson for the double and then Pope for 31?

Could you go Leno for Ederson, Saka to Hayden, then would this might allow Capoue to Sarr?

If you’re very tight could also go Boly to Saiss to save .2.

I’m not sure if the numbers work on that or not. I like that team though and it’s not super templatey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭touts

Pope (Krul)
    Soyuncu, TAA, Doherty, (Egan, Saiss)
    Salah, KDB, Sarr, Fernandes (Saka)
    Auba, Calvert-Lewen, Jota

0.4m in bank

Taking a punt on Saiss and Saka as my subs because they are cheap and fit in with double game weeks and blank game weeks.

Any advice?

Version 2

Pope (Button)

TAA-Saiss-Cahill-Alonso-Hanley

Sarr-Salah-KDB-Bruno-DLuiz

Jimi-Auba-DCL

1.6m in the bank.

My Latest Draft has Bellerin in for Hanley (given the DGW) and now 0.2 in the bank. I might also get Jota in for DCL given the fixture in 31.

Pope (Button)

TAA-Saiss-Cahill-Alonso-Bellerin

Sarr-Salah-KDB-Bruno-DLuiz

Jimi-Auba-DCL

I might have to get rid of KDB but I stand to lose a lot of sell on Value (Bought at 9.9 now 10.7) so is there another City player I could get in for someone else that will play the 2 games this coming week?

touts wrote: »
    Pope (Krul)
    Soyuncu, TAA, Doherty, (Egan, Saiss)
    Salah, KDB, Sarr, Fernandes (Saka)
    Auba, Calvert-Lewen, Jota

0.4m in bank

Taking a punt on Saiss and Saka as my subs because they are cheap and fit in with double game weeks and blank game weeks.

Any advice?

If you are getting an Arsenal player in for the DGW, you should be playing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

qqRNMZx.png

Kind of annoyed that I can't afford two playing goalkeepers - .4 itb.

Thoughts on this? Has me sorted for this week and in great shape for GW31. Still have Bench Boost and Free Hit remaining.

Draft 3

Pope (Button)

TAA-Saiss-Alonso-Bellerin-CTaylor

Sarr-Salah-KDB-Bruno-McCarthy

Jimi-Auba-Jota

Leaves me 0.4 in the bank.
    Jota in for DCL, McCarthy in for Luiz and Taylor in for Cahill.
    9 for the blank 31.

AdMMM wrote: »
    qqRNMZx.png

Kind of annoyed that I can't afford two playing goalkeepers - .4 itb.

Thoughts on this? Has me sorted for this week and in great shape for GW31. Still have Bench Boost and Free Hit remaining.

Could you downgrade Ward?
    His fixture in 31 is away to Liverpool so he is likely to score zero.
    There’s a young lad at WestHam Ngakia at 4.0 who has played the last 2 games. If he he plays he has a better fixture in 31

That would leave 0.7 to upgrade Button?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

silly question but maybe someone can help.

how do i know if i have used my wildcard or not?
    i know i used one in december, but im not sure if i used it since. on gw23 i made 5 subs, and i might have used it, but two of them would have been free anyway, and it'd be like me to take a 12 point hit. other than that i can't see if i have it to spare.

where on the interface will i see if i still have it or not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Points>view gameweek history and scroll down.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

so i used a wildcard just before the new year...does that mean i have a second one left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

so i used a wildcard just before the new year...does that mean i have a second one left?

This is taken from the help section under the 'more' tab.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before Sat 28 Dec 11:30) and once in the second half of the season.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the 'gameweek history' page you can see when you played any chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone else Wildcarding this week. Have to find 1.5m, will probably downgrade Ings to a 5.4m.
    Looking at
    McCarthy, Nyland
    TAA, Doherty, AWB, Lundstram, Justin,
    KDB,. Fernandes, Mane, Henderson, Grealish,
    Jimi, Vardy 5.4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

patmac wrote: »
    Anyone else Wildcarding this week. Have to find 1.5m, will probably downgrade Ings to a 5.4m.
    Looking at
    McCarthy, Nyland
    TAA, Doherty, AWB, Lundstram, Justin,
    KDB,. Fernandes, Mane, Henderson, Grealish,
    Jimi, Vardy 5.4

Lundstram to a cheaper nailed on Sheff Defender (if you've Lundy at 4.9)

AWB to a cheaper defender, although United coverage in defence is in my plans.

Henderson to a cheaper starting MF (4.2-4.5)

Ings (and cheaper MF) has more attacking upside in my opinion than Henderson and a striker under 5.4 (Ayew the pick of them I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Haven't looked at the fixtures until end of season yet to asses easy vs hard, but current draft below:

Henderson-Martin
    TAA-Doherty-Lascelles-Egan-Kilman
    Salah-KDB-Son-Fernandes-Cantwell
    Jimi-Rashford-Greenwood

Light on the bench but need big hitters. Have the option of 442 and 352. Pope and Mane could come in to free up funds. Actually quite happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Haven't looked at the fixtures until end of season yet to asses easy vs hard, but current draft below:

Henderson-Martin
    TAA-Doherty-Lascelles-Egan-Kilman
    Salah-KDB-Son-Fernandes-Cantwell
    Jimi-Rashford-Greenwood

Light on the bench but need big hitters. Have the option of 442 and 352. Pope and Mane could come in to free up funds. Actually quite happy with that.

You will have no keeper next week. Henderson can’t play v Man U

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Benimar wrote: »
    You will have no keeper next week. Henderson can’t play v Man U

Thanking you!! Will plan around that so!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Thinking of the below for the rest of the season.

Enough invested in highly priced midfielders/attackers to make easy transfers if needed.

Foster

TAA, Baldock, Lund

Salah, KDB, Son, Grealish, Cantwell

Auba, Kane

Martin, Lascelles, Simpson, Greenwood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

McCarthy
    TAA - Saiss - Egan
    Son - KDB - Salah - Fernandes - Sarr
    Rashford - Jiminez

(Nyland - Lascelles - Greenwood - Robinson)

I stupidly transferred out KDB when messing with my WC and dropped a load of value on him... serves me right for opening the app after a few beers last night.

Advertisement