Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Another World Bites the Dust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Seven seas of rygar
    Tie your mother brain down
    I want to jailbreak free
    Spread your legendary wings
    Fat bottomed time girls
    I want it alcon

Goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Street Fighter man
    We will Rockman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Who wants to live forever - Dark Souls
    Don't stop me now - Sonic the Hedgehog

• Registered Users Posts: 34,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hammer to Fallout
    I'm going Slight Mad Dog McCree
    Blazing Star on a Sunday Afternoon
    Love of my Half-Life
    Persian Princes of the Universe
    Tie Your マザースリ Down
    Seaside Rendezvous with Rama (okay so that's a bit more Arthur C. Clarke!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sweet divine Christ on a hoverboard!
    What's become of you all???

The only videogame and tune that are indelibly linked are
    Gran Turismo and the Chemical Brothers remix of Everything Must Go, by the Manics.
    Okay, okay, if I'm going all in I'll throw in We Are Explosive by FSoL and Wipeout 2097...

I might be getting this challenge all wrong, but I don't care!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eh, What about

All I want - Offspring in Crazy Taxi
    Superman - Goldfinger in Tony Hawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mondeo wrote: »

I got mine for 5 euro,
    Plus a box of boxes games
    I didn't even negotiate, guy was packing up at a car boot sale

What a terrible controller

They've definitely gone up in price a lot recently and this also has an accelerator but still its stupid money for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Whenever I see an ad starting with the line below or something similar I always wonder does the seller even want to let it go.

Not looking to negotiate on the price on this, if it doesn’t sell it can be added to my own collection, lovely little item.

Master of the Universe

Reeks of 'the wife says it has to go' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭Inviere

Sometimes it's an item just sitting in a box going unused that someone might want to move on...but get the worth out of it at the same time. €600 seems quite pricey though I must say

You wanna be stupid to pay anywhere near 600 for a CD32... Chancer.

Stoner wrote: »
    I got mine for 5 euro,
    Plus a box of boxes games
    I didn't even negotiate, guy was packing up at a car boot sale

What a terrible controller

I picked up an Amiga 600 for 25 Euro at a car boot sale recently. Big box of disks to go with it. I never thought I would find one at a car boot sale these days. Chancers online looking for nearly and upwards of 200 for one ! Years ago I picked up a 1990's NES clone from a car boot sale to. Very interesting system, plays every type of NES cartridge including copies...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hold onto your horses lads and lassies
    There's an "Advanced Gaming System" for sale over on Adverts for a mere €140!
    With 7000 games :o
    http://www.adverts.ie/19874573

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hold onto your horses lads and lassies
    There's an "Advanced Gaming System" for sale over on Adverts for a mere €140!
    With 7000 games :o
    http://www.adverts.ie/19874573

Does it have Mario?

Postage €7.50 is honestly the best part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I've always wanted a Game Boy plug.:pac:

Screenshot-20200302-184449.png

Amiga 1200 for 450.... Don't care what anyone says, don't care what fancy extras you put into it, they are not worth this. I have two 1200's I got for scrap a few years back and they are in almost mint condition.

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/amiga-1200-recaped-8mb-fast-ram/19923964

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Amiga 1200 for 450.... Don't care what anyone says, don't care what fancy extras you put into it, they are not worth this. I have two 1200's I got for scrap a few years back and they are in almost mint condition.

In general retro game prices are gone insane. Even common <€10 games are now selling for €30+ sometimes. eBay is just a total write off. And people finding stuff in their attic and looking for hundreds for a bag of games that are damp & untested.

• Advertisement

That's a daft price, doesn't even have an accelerator..

If you think this is bad, check out some of the prices on the big box Amiga stuff :(

That's a daft price, doesn't even have an accelerator..

If you think this is bad, check out some of the prices on the big box Amiga stuff :(

People are thick as shyte even thinking about paying those prices. Go around car boot sales, you might find one for 30 or 40 Euro in the back of a van.

Ebay can F OFF, everyone with something 20+ years old think they are sitting on a gold mine. Ebay is the reason gobshts on adverts are putting those silly prices on their stuff. The sun will shine out of my ar$e before I pay 450 for an Amiga, and same should be for everyone else, unless your thick of course.

Master of the Universe

450 is mental, but it's worth noting though that it's been recapped. Apparently recapping one is quite the pain in the tits.

o1s1n wrote: »
    450 is mental, but it's worth noting though that it's been recapped. Apparently recapping one is quite the pain in the tits.

Ah its not too bad, most are smd caps so you just need the right tools and technique. Its a whole lot easer then a Vectrex !!

Its not hard to replace capacitors if you ever used a soldering iron. You can spend 2 hrs or less doing it. Doesn't make it 4 times more valuable after it's done.

Master of the Universe

Its not hard to replace capacitors if you ever used a soldering iron. You can spend 2 hrs or less doing it. Doesn't make it 4 times more valuable after it's done.

Never said it was worth 450 euro, however with a cap change it's clearly worth more than a stock one.

I am ****e at soldering for example and don't have the time or inclination to get good any time in the foreseeable future, so would happily pay a good bit more for something that had been future proofed.

Never said it was worth 450 euro, however with a cap change it's clearly worth more than a stock one.

I am ****e at soldering for example and don't have the time or inclination to get good any time in the foreseeable future, so would happily pay a good bit more for something that had been future proofed.

Within reason, abit more yes.

Well its sold now (on Amibay) ..

Bag of Amstrad games and some knackered Sega controllers.. €700.. Lol.

http://www.adverts.ie/20100136

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Bag of Amstrad games and some knackered Sega controllers.. €700.. Lol.

http://www.adverts.ie/20100136

To be fair, "that a rear game and a high price so that price i am looking for is good for the amount of game's I have and controls and sum saga games and controller"

:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement