Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

maybe he should go after haye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Fury is now rated 9th in the world on boxrec. I reckon a fight against Mike Perez could be a classic but I presume his next fight will against David Price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I think Perez would take him. Fury has potential, but I just think his defence is sloppy. In saying that however, he does use offensive-defence very well, but pushing his weight down on the smaller guy and holding in the corner - he breaks very tightly to land some uppercuts well.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

While the quality wasnt the greatest, I thought it was an entertaining fight and the right result. I'd like to see a re-match. Chisora was clearly not prepared properly, so should be a lot better next time, while Fury at only 23, should also improve with every fight.

Not sure what was going on with Chisora's walk on. Guessing that he was slagging off Fury's Irish roots, but I couldnt understand how! Fury looked bemused and amused by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Fury is now rated 9th in the world on boxrec. I reckon a fight against Mike Perez could be a classic but I presume his next fight will against David Price.

i do not think that will happen Perez is far to good for all the british heavies and hits to hard as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Yeah I'd say with another two or three fights he'd be beating the likes of Fury fairly convincingly, not that I don't think he has the skills to do it now, just think he needs a few more fights in him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Aye, maybe Lee (who I think is his cousin?) will put in a word for him in the Kronk, get him sparring with the big men ;)

Fury spars with Wladimir Klitschko quite often in Wlad training camps.

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Torino

efb wrote: »
    where did tyson fury learn how to box?
    He's awful

Nope one of the greatest in the history of the sport actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Aye, maybe Lee (who I think is his cousin?) will put in a word for him in the Kronk, get him sparring with the big men ;)

What an early shout this was

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Torino wrote:

Did you wait 8 years to say that !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Torino wrote: »
    He’s a convicted doper

Advertisement