Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blacksod Point Triathlon?

• 25-02-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what happened the Blacksod Point Triathlon?
    It was probably my favourite Olympic triathlon.
    Breath-taking views and the best post race grub I've ever had.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

nobody to organise it ... i live in mayo , that was the word on the grapevine when it stopped running, of course whether thats the whole truth or not ?

a lot of work to organise a race, hard to get people to committ to it, usualy the same people over and over,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I'd say that woody is right. Same thing happened in Swinford. That was a lovely race too. Shame.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

Thats a real shame, I was hoping to travel to Blacksod having heard great things from previous years. It can't be easy to keep up the entries year after year for those races that are a hike from main centres of population.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Yes a real shame & I for one would loved to have done it again.
    Looking at the TI website it looks like Kilmore Tri club who hosted it aren't around anymore either which is even a bigger shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

yeah, theres a guy i know from back in belmullet joined up to newport triathlon club, thats the best part of an hour away from him , i think kilmore have been gone for a while, it must be 3 or 4 years at least since blacksod was on ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement