Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are men with balding more common?

• 14-02-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I happened to notice a lot of men have hair loss. Is there any reason why this is happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

5G causing follicle damage obvs.

More likely as you grow older you're around more people growing older and balding is heavily correlated with age.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

People look younger for longer, meaning that people who used to look old before they went bald in their mid 30s now don't look old - but are still going bald in their mid 30s.

Noel Rock being an exception to the rule as he looked old in his early 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

People wore caps in olden times.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Diesel or aspertame exposure would be my guesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    5G causing follicle damage obvs.

More likely as you grow older you're around more people growing older and balding is heavily correlated with age.

I say this.
    You're at that age where you are noticing people going bald.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Its thought to be largely genetic so you are likely just imagining it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Male testosterone levels have decreased on average so that would contribute to balding being more common

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Well i read that wrong,sorry nothing to add

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Male testosterone levels have decreased on average so that would contribute to balding being more common

A decrease in tesosterone would not cause balding. Balding is caused by sensitivity to Dihydrotestosterone. Male testosterone levels decreasing on average sounds like bull**** anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

nope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

I'm 22 and I just shaved my head..
    I guess I'd be looking out for it a bit more but I notice a few thinning crowns and receding temples.
    I notice a lot of guys cover it with long fringes.

I don't know if it's actually becoming more common, I think we're just more vigilant of it.

Advertisement