Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Invited to like Facebook page

• 02-02-2020 11:49am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently liked a post on a FB page and now got an invitation to like the page.

This invitation is phrased as if the owner sent the request. I've had these before, but suspect that it's an auto response by FB.
    Can anyone shed more light on this ?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Any time someone likes a post on my business account I send them a friend request.

Not automated. I just invite. Them to like the page.

If I could automate it I'd love to to that. Would save time etc

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sugarman20

As far as I know that has to be done manually. Who ever is managing the page sees the new post likes and invites the person to like the page.

sugarman20 wrote: »
    As far as I know that has to be done manually. Who ever is managing the page sees the new post likes and invites the person to like the page.

I get notified by FB to say that John Smith has liked my post/ video etc and when I click on the notification it lists who has liked my post with an invite button beside each one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I get notified by FB to say that John Smith has liked my post/ video etc and when I click on the notification it lists who has liked my post with an invite button beside each one.

That's not so bad then. At least the page owner has a hand in the request.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    That's not so bad then. At least the page owner has a hand in the request.

Yeah I try not to invite people to like the page too soon after they've liked a post or an ad in case they think that it has been automated

• Advertisement
Advertisement