Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-02-2020, 00:03   #46
Blaze420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberrrrrrrr View Post
Not now no, I was there many years ago though, seen the horrors of war that you so easily dismiss. People like you disgust me, talk about war as if it's a video game, come back to me when you have witnessed the aftermath and then tell me you would happily kill women/kids.

I'd say in reality you need help sorting your sock drawer.
If we are referring to Islamic terrorists then I can safely tel you I’d wipe women and children out no problem, and I mean that sincerely. Don’t let your own sensitivities cloud what actions others would take.
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 00:05   #47
Conall Cernach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
The destruction wreaked upon Japan and Germany was almost total. Most of their main cities pretty much flattened - the images of Tokyo, Berlin and Dresden after carpet bombing are pretty much as shocking as those of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that felt the full force of the newly invented atomic bomb.

Almost complete destruction of most critical infrastructure in Germany and Japan too. But both countries rose quickly from the ashes of war to become post-war economic giants.

Both countries paid a very heavy price for being the Axis in the Second World War.
I was watching a show called War Factories earlier. They said the Allies dropped 1.5 million tons of bombs on the Krupps factory alone during WW2!
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 00:07   #48
Timberrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze420 View Post
If we are referring to Islamic terrorists then I can safely tel you I’d wipe women and children out no problem, and I mean that sincerely.
So why don't you?

Quote:
Don’t let your own sensitivities cloud what actions others would take.
Type furiously on your keyboard talking tough?
14-02-2020, 00:08   #49
Blaze420
Banned

Quote:
So why don't you?

Type furiously on your keyboard talking tough?
Why would I? Last time I checked we are living in Ireland. We are talking hypothetical situations here and you’ve already stated you wouldn’t have the resolve to do it - I said I would.
14-02-2020, 00:09   #50
JayZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasFlynn View Post
Do you think it was acceptable for loyalist paramilitaries to indiscrimintely target and kill innocent Irish catholics in the North due to the IRA?
Dresden is not part of Northern Ireland. Assuming that’s what ‘the North’ refers to.

I’ll tell you now though, if Northern Ireland annexed Donegal and went to war with the Republic of Ireland for 5 years, all the while murdering innocent people in death camps over the border in Lifford and dropping rockets on Dublin and then one night it was blanket fire bombed and levelled, killing every man woman and child in it, I’d lose no sleep over it. I wouldn’t cry foul and I’d shed no tears about it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 00:10   #51
Padre_Pio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeus View Post
Great pictures and I genuinely take some satisfaction from knowing that many German civilians suffered terrible deaths during those bombings. They had plenty of blood on their hands as a people by then and very few were innocent or had no role to play in their war effort, or the suffering of those sent to their deaths in the camps.

Spectacular stuff.
By that logic we are all responsible for the decades of child abuse, murder and rape from the Cathoic church.

We all deserve prison.
14-02-2020, 00:11   #52
Timberrrrrrrr

Quote:
Why would I? Last time I checked we are living in Ireland. We are talking hypothetical situations here and you’ve already stated you wouldn’t have the resolve to do it - I said I would.
I have killed before in war, I know what I am capable of and if I needed to do it again I know I would.

You have typed words on a screen talking tough and acting as if you would wipe out ISIS yourself like some.modern day Rambo.
(3) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 00:15   #53
JayZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre_Pio View Post
By that logic we are all responsible for the decades of child abuse, murder and rape from the Cathoic church.

We all deserve prison.
As a people, we can’t wash our hands of that. As a people, yes, we’re to blame. Blindly or ignorantly following men in black uniforms, doing what they say, accepting that their authority is bestowed upon them by a higher power? While the truth spread in whispered conversations, knowing glances but was never spoken out by those who would later profess they had no part to play in anything?

Doesn’t that ring a bell?!
14-02-2020, 00:16   #54
Blaze420
Banned

Quote:
I have killed before in war, I know what I am capable of and if I needed to do it again I know I would.

You have typed words on a screen talking tough and acting as if you would wipe out ISIS yourself like some.modern day Rambo.
Yeah sure you have pal, this is the internet so I fully believe you.....you are nothing but a handle just like me, exchanging views. You are a milkman for all I care and I’d expect the same in return.
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 00:22   #55
Timberrrrrrrr

Quote:
Yeah sure you have pal, this is the internet so I fully believe you.....you are nothing but a handle just like me, exchanging views. You are a milkman for all I care and I’d expect the same in return.
I've been on here years, I have told my story many times. Believe me/dont believe me, I couldn't care less. Your posting history in this thread is there for all to see, a keyboard warrior who talks tough but would run a mile from a fist fight never mind a war.
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 00:22   #56
BonnieSituation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg Munde View Post
On a point of order, the reason Nagasaki was bombed was because there was cloud cover over Kokura. The bomb also missed its intended (secondary) target in Nagasaki so the destruction wasn’t as much as planned.

Hiroshima was spared from previous fire bombing campaigns because it earmarked as a target city for an atomic bomb. Tokyo could also have been spared had it been earmarked too.
The letters from local Lieutenants asking "why is Hiroshima not being targeted in the firebombing campaigns" is chilling and terrifying to read. They had no idea what was coming.

The biggest disgrace was that after bombing Hiroshima and seeing what they had done they decided 3 days later to do it again to Nagasaki.

The Atomic/Peace museum in Hiroshima is an astounding place.
14-02-2020, 00:23   #57
Blaze420
Banned

Quote:
I've been on here years, I have told my story many times. Believe me/dont believe me, I couldn't care less. Your posting history in this thread is there for all to see, a keyboard warrior who talks tough but would run a mile from a fist fight never mind a war.
You know absolutely nothing about me so don’t make assumptions based on text
14-02-2020, 00:25   #58
JayZeus

Quote:
Nah, he’s been there and done that I’m sure.

Gas though the way people who have done tough things think so many others couldn’t or wouldn’t.

Nobody thinks it would be easy, but then again, the armies of WW2 had plenty of milkmen and bakers, plumbers and teachers going out to shoot and bomb each other, and nobody was on the internet in those days making out that it’s something special or uniquely difficult to do when it really came down to it.

The vast majority of us would kill if that’s what it came to, no doubt about it. I would for sure and I don’t think I’d feel half as bad about is some would like to think I should.

WW2 German city obliterated by fire bombing, nearly 6 years into the war? Boo boo.
14-02-2020, 00:27   #59
Turtwig
Censoring your opinion since you posted

The episode of game of thrones "the bells" is heavily influenced by this event. Dresden was horrific to put it nicely.
14-02-2020, 00:28   #60
Timberrrrrrrr

Quote:
You know absolutely nothing about me so don’t make assumptions based on text
I dont need to know "you", I know your type! Talking tough while sitting at home, pathetic.

Go back to playing call of duty, leave the fighting to those who have the guts.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion