Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2020, 12:54   #61

Who else is getting the urge to buy some lotto tickets?
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 12:56   #62
Cina

I'd buy a 2 bed apartment in Dublin and use the fiver left over to buy a pint of Guinness at the local
07-02-2020, 12:56   #63
dingdong1234567

They would get the pleasure of me telling them I won it. That would be all.
07-02-2020, 12:59   #64
pawdee

I'd get a breast reduction, take the missus on holidays, buy a 2007 SsangYong Rodius and give the rest to charity.
07-02-2020, 12:59   #65
Wanderer78

What family!
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 13:05   #66
Praetorian22

Retire early, let the parents retire, nicer house, 1 nicer car, secure extended family and their children's future, real estate.

Finally I would undoubtedly buy a ginormous site of land acres upon acres, upon acres and turn it into a sanctuary for any unwanted/stray pets.

People can adopt/foster but under no circumstances is any healthy animal getting put down!
(4) thanks from:
07-02-2020, 13:08   #67
TheBlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cina View Post
I'd buy a 2 bed apartment in Dublin and use the fiver left over to buy a pint of Guinness at the local
Must be Happy Hour in the Local...
07-02-2020, 13:13   #68
Your Face

Which family?
07-02-2020, 13:22   #69
Banned

Clear my parents' mortgage, set up some kind of trust for each of my siblings (tax issues aside, wouldn't really trust either of them with a lump sum). My brother's getting chemotherapy at the moment so I'd get him some fancy chemotherapy in a rich person hospital, or just give up every red cent if it meant he wouldn't be sick anymore. Take them all on a mad holiday. My partner's dad works crazy hours and is close to retirement age, would like to sort them out so that he can actually enjoy his retirement since he's worked like an actual fcuking work horse his whole life.

I have some friends who are currently working to get various businesses and community and environmental initiatives off the ground, they'd get some. Few other charities.

And then! Travel travel. Get some ridiculous expensive tattoos in some far flung places. Sure the world would probably end or civilisation will collapse before I could spend it so let's just see how much craic we can wring out of a few million before that happens.
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 13:23   #70
looksee
I won the lottery last week. I must remember to go in and exchange it for a couple of scratch cards.
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 13:25   #71
JustMe,K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
Yeah the British winners are telling all and sundry and I've no idea why. There have been winners in Spain and all over and I couldn't tell you a thing about them.
I heard before that they get more money if they go public, which could be a load of rubbish but nothing surprises me really.

I think I would make some gradual changes before letting anyone in on the idea that I had won money tbh. Neither my parents or his have a mortgage anymore but I would like the parents to be able to retire and enjoy it. Siblings, I would buy houses from and for, and put them on caretaker agreements so they don't ever really own them so don't have a liability issue. Set up a credit card with a parents & siblings as additional users so they dont have to spend their own money. Trusts for the kids but with very specific restrictions. Cousins etc? Couldn't trust them to keep their mouths shut so they would get nothing. Couple of nice lowkey family holidays.

But before all of that I guess I would speak to my offshore tax advisor
07-02-2020, 13:31   #72
ambro25

Fun topical trivia: the first and main message from the national lottery in Luxembourg, across all of its PR about €millions, is to maintain anonymity in case of a win.

€130m...even the Mrs wouldn't ever know

Semi-seriously though: no cash hand-outs to anyone, but a corpo structure created (behind oodles of further holdings cos to obfuscate who's behind), with a raft of non-exec appointments (family members, very few close 'quasi-family' friends), each with a moderate annual salary (up to €50-75k say, enough to improve average life substantially, not enough to upend lives/shock the system too hard) and full income tax/social sec contributions for respective health+pension rights. Besides educational trust funds for the younguns. And all to be funded from interests/dividends on invested/sheltered principal.

Get that sorted first, then relax and think about what I'd really like to do.
07-02-2020, 16:11   #73
Blitzkrieger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post
I haven't done the lottery in a decade. Can I buy a ticket online from outside the EU? I fancy some daydreaming.
I can't recall how easy it is to set up an account with lottery.ie, but I don't think you can get it done in one day. There's loads of lotto sites out there that you can sign up to straight away - just beware that there's so many lotteries that look so tempting....
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 16:12   #74
kingtut

Send a message via MSN to kingtut
€130 million?

I'd give €100 million to my parents and keep the rest to spend how I please.
07-02-2020, 16:31   #75
Snails pace

I have a syndicate with my parents, sister and her family. Get the euro millions and irish lotto twice a week. It cost roughly a little under a fiver a week. If i won I'd keep working because I love what I do. I'd go travelling, give money to charity and help out a few friends who are under pressure.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion