Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2020, 01:02   #16
cjmc

Sisters/brothers would get fcuk all. I'd blow millions on holidays bookers and coke and leave the rest to my kids
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 01:16   #17
JayZeus

I’d pay off one brothers mortgage and minor debts and buy another his own place if he wanted it. My mother would have anything she’d need or want, if money could buy it. A small number of friends would become mortgage and debt free too. They’d all have a one-time only deposit into an emergency fund account, with the clear understanding that there’d be no point asking for more in future as it simply wouldn’t be available.

Everything else would go into diversified mutual funds held in trust and be used to provide for a very comfortable retirement income for myself and the missus, with an income top up for only those people referred to above once they hit 60 years of age.

Nobody else would get so much as the steam off my piss.
(2) thanks from:
07-02-2020, 01:18   #18
snowgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snails pace View Post
Gaining a substantial amount of money in short notice would give you mental health problems, you would over think every little thing.
Yea I think so too. It could end up causing such hassle in Families. What’s enough, why didn’t we get more etc I’d say it’s a head wreck! OH and I couldn’t even agree what we’d give, never mind telling family what they’d get! Prob will never have to worry but interested what others might do...
07-02-2020, 03:16   #19
ardinn

You dont need to "give" friends a fortune!

Id set up a fund, where all mortgages and electric and general bills are paid from, this would allow them to live extremely comfortably and also allow you to keep them on the straight and narrow

I would have 8 or 9 people on that list.

Id buy my parents a huge house, as thats what my mam would want, with lots of gardens for her to potter about in to keep her happy, and gardners to do do the labour as she is pushing on.

Id ask my sister what she wants - and I havnt a clue what that would be!

I have my house picked out, near the sea for the summer fish species and its own trout lakes if im too lazy to go down the beach. Id throw huge monthly or fortnightly parties as me and the oh are very into dancing but this would be run as a business!

After that I presume holidays etc

If all goes tits up however with the coronavirus a lot of walls would be built and a collection of high powered weapons and security installed.
(2) thanks from:
07-02-2020, 03:25   #20
Ads by Google

Five million to each of my three brothers and parents to do with what they like. Most property / assets I'd buy would go into a family trust to be shared and used. Think ski lodge / NY apartment / yacht. I'd be like the financial head of the family.

Friends wouldn't get much, and it would come significantly later based on how things went.
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 03:45   #21
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
I ask myself, "If X won the Euromillions, would X give me anything?".

Most people I know are only in contact if they are looking for something. Such people wouldn't get a cent off me. Other people I know that actually make time for me and don't always have their hand out, would be well looked after. If I won €130m I'd give them about €3m each. Enough that they'd never have to worry again, but that it also wouldn't make a massive dent in my own funds.
07-02-2020, 04:10   #22
Tom Mann Centuria
Forty - Twenty

On 130 million, we'd give about 8 million each to our respective brothers and sisters (6 in total) so just shy of 40%. Whatever is left of that 40% would go to aunts/uncles/friends etc. 10% to charity and we'd have the rest.
07-02-2020, 04:12   #23
Oranage2

I think for my safety and their own good I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd try start a few businesses(Cafe, art school etc) give them jobs and pay them a high salary. Buy a house and let them rent it for cheap, eventually just giving them the home.

For family with already successful jobs I'd just give them a few grand at Christmas and birthdays and what not.

Who's to say that they wouldn't blow the money, get in debt and then have gangsters at my door.

My family are so bad with money I think I'd need to protect them from themselves.
07-02-2020, 04:18   #24
Ads by Google

I haven't done the lottery in a decade. Can I buy a ticket online from outside the EU? I fancy some daydreaming.
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 04:30   #25
Smart Bug

Revenge.
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 04:43   #26
AndyBoBandy

1st thing would be to say nothing......

Wait til the Irish lotto is won to the tune of 3-6m and the winner remains anonymous, then come out and tell most folks you were the winner. Then you could share with closest family the truth.
07-02-2020, 05:13   #27
Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

As much as they wanted/needed.

Once you go past a certain point, it all just becomes f*ck you money anyway!

If you gets what I mean, dawg!
07-02-2020, 06:53   #28
tonysopprano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mann Centuria View Post
On 130 million, we'd give about 8 million each to our respective brothers and sisters (6 in total) so just shy of 40%. Whatever is left of that 40% would go to aunts/uncles/friends etc. 10% to charity and we'd have the rest.

Anything over €32,500 to siblings, and €16,250 to other relatives is taxed at 33%. Capital Acquisitions/Inheritence Tax

Any payments of mortgages, loans etc WHEN found out, treated the same.

So basically, if person not named on the ticket, and you give them anything, they lose 1/3 of it to tax.

Not a big deal when jackpot is €130,000000 but worth thinking about for smaller Irish lotto jackpot.
(3) thanks from:
07-02-2020, 06:55   #29
Ads by Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysopprano View Post
Anything over €32,500 to siblings, and €16,250 to other relatives is taxed at 33%. Capital Acquisitions/Inheritence Tax

Any payments of mortgages, loans etc WHEN found out, treated the same.

So basically, if person not named on the ticket, and you give them anything, they lose 1/3 of it to tax.

Not a big deal when jackpot is €130,000000 but worth thinking about for smaller Irish lotto jackpot.
Can you open joint bank accounts with family members and let them have a debit card to it?
07-02-2020, 07:19   #30
Vittu

Peter & Bridie from Cavan wins the lotto big time. When all the hullabaloo dies down and it's just himself and the wife in the kitchen, Bridie looks at him and says "jaysus Peter what about the begging letters". Peter paused for a moment considering this and says to Bridie "keep sending them"

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion