Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-02-2020, 19:16   #1246
Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaldSmythV View Post
Lazing around would be far unhealthier.
Relaxing and being lazy are not the same thing!

Although, I can see why some people might get them confused tbf.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 19:22   #1247
smilerf

Questions when joining a Facebook group. They are stupid and annoying
You could just use Google for the answers.
They are not going to weed out scammers etc
13-02-2020, 19:27   #1248
Widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretas Gonna Get Ya! View Post
Relaxing and being lazy are not the same thing!

Although, I can see why some people might get them confused tbf.
That's true. I have difficulty relaxing. Some have difficulty motivating themselves. Tricky
13-02-2020, 19:39   #1249
Pawwed Rig
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky_galore View Post
P*ssy whipped.
Lads that have a domineering mammy don't mind being under the thumb of their nearest and dearest. It's like being institutionalised.
Classic spousal abuse signs tbh
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 07:13   #1250
Millicently

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky_galore View Post
P*ssy whipped.
Lads that have a domineering mammy don't mind being under the thumb of their nearest and dearest. It's like being institutionalised.
Whenever I hear that expression it's usually from grown men who haven't grown up and who resent the fact that the rest of their male friends have grown up settled down and don't want to be down the pub with them anymore because they'd rather be at home living a grown up life. There's a ridiculous number of men children out there who even at 50 will have the mentality of a 15 year old. The fact is most people grow up and don't want to do the same old same old with the same people they used to hang out with before they settled down. It's sad really that so many are going to pubs perving on girls who are young enough to be their daughters.
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 07:58   #1251
Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millicently View Post
Whenever I hear that expression it's usually from grown men who haven't grown up and who resent the fact that the rest of their male friends have grown up settled down and don't want to be down the pub with them anymore because they'd rather be at home living a grown up life. There's a ridiculous number of men children out there who even at 50 will have the mentality of a 15 year old. The fact is most people grow up and don't want to do the same old same old with the same people they used to hang out with before they settled down. It's sad really that so many are going to pubs perving on girls who are young enough to be their daughters.
Yes, but we all know that "grown ups" are just dead inside...

This is why they have children. Their children give them a daily reminder, of what it was like before that "magic" died inside them. They can't ever get it back themselves... the best alternative they can find, is to live through their children instead!

However, some adults successfully manage to never fully "grow up". It takes great skill to achieve this... very few ever manage to pull it off though!
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 08:47   #1252
nox001

Quote:
Most men don't want to give up on life after having kids and most that do disappear are put under pressure just as that poster has said. I've yet to meet a man who won't go for a scatter of pints because he wants to "live a grown up life" whatever that is.

I can say that kids has not had a major impact on any of my peer group. Nights our are still regular, still at least once a week for many. Obvioulsy not the same freedom but far far from the disappearing of the face if the earth some describe and I refuse to accept people actually enjoy this not ever getting out and meeting friends etc.
(2) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 08:51   #1253
lawred2

I wouldn't be up for a scatter of pints.. I'll have a few and head home. Wouldn't want the next day ruined with a hangover. Not fair to the kids.
(5) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 10:06   #1254
lapua20grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
I wouldn't be up for a scatter of pints.. I'll have a few and head home. Wouldn't want the next day ruined with a hangover. Not fair to the kids.
That's exactly what I do, plenty of time for pints when they grow up
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 11:23   #1255
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
Or just man up and get on with the day.

It’s also a reason Thursday pints is still a popular one though among friends and work colleagues, you are going to work on Friday anyway so aren’t having to be hungover around kids.
14-02-2020, 11:24   #1256
whisky_galore

Quote:
I disagree.

It's a bit sad when your movements are monitored and restricted. Fück that. I'd rather be in a prison camp.

Also define "grown up", does all fun evaporate when you "grow up", going for a relaxed pint is somehow childish?
(2) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 11:26   #1257
lapua20grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post

It’s also a reason Thursday pints is still a popular one though among friends and work colleagues, you are going to work on Friday anyway so aren’t having to be hungover around kids.
How about this crazy scenario, he has a clatter of pints and does what you say and man's up and drives his kids while still under the influence, what is your issue with him having a different outlook to drinking than you have?
(6) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 11:29   #1258
lawred2

Quote:

you are so cool
14-02-2020, 16:01   #1259
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I don’t think Nox has children yet. Talk is cheap.
(3) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 16:43   #1260
Millicently

Quote:
Most men don't want to give up on life after having kids and most that do disappear are put under pressure just as that poster has said. I've yet to meet a man who won't go for a scatter of pints because he wants to "live a grown up life" whatever that is.

I can say that kids has not had a major impact on any of my peer group. Nights our are still regular, still at least once a week for many. Obvioulsy not the same freedom but far far from the disappearing of the face if the earth some describe and I refuse to accept people actually enjoy this not ever getting out and meeting friends etc.
How do you know that they don't get out and meet people? Often people get bored with the same old same old with the same old faces and they just move on. Instead of being blunt and just saying that they aren't interested in hanging out with you or going for pints they just make excuses and blame the wife just as the wife makes excuses with her friends and blames the husband.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion