Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: How did you rate this episode?
10 0 0%
9 1 2.94%
8 6 17.65%
7 10 29.41%
6 7 20.59%
5 3 8.82%
4 2 5.88%
3 4 11.76%
2 1 2.94%
1 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

17-02-2019, 15:43   #1
NUTZZ

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 10 | Omega [AMC] [SPOILERS]

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 10 - "Omega"

Airdate - February 17th on AMC at 9/8c | February 18th on FOX UK at 9PM

Quote:
Daryl learns more about the masked tribe's leader; a search begins for two missing friends.
Promo

Sneak Peek

Advertisement
18-02-2019, 11:27   #2
Mc Love

Bit of a filler episode, bit meh! More of a back story of the girl they captured while they search for the two lads that got caught.
Interesting ending nonetheless, especially if that's all their group

Last edited by Mc Love; 18-02-2019 at 11:44.
19-02-2019, 00:40   #3
mzungu

I enjoyed that. Pushes the story along nicely.
19-02-2019, 10:09   #4
DoozerT6

I thought the interactions between Daryl and Lydia seemed a little out of place or something. I know Daryl is now the de facto leading man, and as such would be taking Ricks place in interrogating her, but he kinda bonded with her. Which I guess is why he doesn't want to return her to the Whisperers, but it just seemed a little odd. Daryl is such a closed book emotionally, does he feel protective towards her? Fatherly? What are his intentions?, (and I don't mean that in a creepy way). Also, Lydia showed that she has some sort of agenda, during the scuffle with Daryl in her cell and also in picking up that hammer when outside with Henry. Purely survival? I'm not sure.

I was also a little confused by the flashbacks, I might need a second viewing on that. Was Alpha always the antagonist, or did she just flip during their hiding out period and go Full Shane? (you never go Full Shane! )

It's an interesting new direction, and if the internet scuttlebutt is anything to go by, heads will roll soon.
20-02-2019, 00:11   #5
bazz26

The first 40 mins were a snore fest imo.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2019, 09:57   #6
w/s/p/c/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozerT6 View Post
I thought the interactions between Daryl and Lydia seemed a little out of place or something. I know Daryl is now the de facto leading man, and as such would be taking Ricks place in interrogating her, but he kinda bonded with her. Which I guess is why he doesn't want to return her to the Whisperers, but it just seemed a little odd. Daryl is such a closed book emotionally, does he feel protective towards her? Fatherly? What are his intentions?, (and I don't mean that in a creepy way). Also, Lydia showed that she has some sort of agenda, during the scuffle with Daryl in her cell and also in picking up that hammer when outside with Henry. Purely survival? I'm not sure.

I was also a little confused by the flashbacks, I might need a second viewing on that. Was Alpha always the antagonist, or did she just flip during their hiding out period and go Full Shane? (you never go Full Shane! )

It's an interesting new direction, and if the internet scuttlebutt is anything to go by, heads will roll soon.

I think the whole thing with Daryl was that it has been hinted in the earlier series that he had previously been abused at the hands of a parent. I think he was connecting with her on that level when listening to her story.

I was confused by the flashback too (when the husband had a beard, then had no beard, then a beard again), but my take on it is that Alpha is the was being abused by the husband (similar the story about Carol cutting her hair so the abusive husband couldn't grab it anymore). Think she used the chaos as an excuse to get her revenge on him. I agree she seems to have gone full Shane which lead her to be the leader of the Whisperers. That's my take on it, I could be wrong!

Also, that kid Henry is annoying, Daryl should slap some sense into him!!
20-02-2019, 14:08   #7
BIGT4464

The only disgusting thing I have seem on this show, so far, has been them two eating the earthworms. Turned my stomach and I started to gag. Yuck.
20-02-2019, 22:17   #8
fritzelly

Next weeks promo looks interesting
20-02-2019, 23:38   #9
ProjectMoose

Did the dad in the flash back have a magic beard? Beard, no beard, then beard again.
Advertisement
20-02-2019, 23:42   #10
ED E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMoose View Post
Did the dad in the flash back have a magic beard? Beard, no beard, then beard again.
The first recall of him was fake.

Fake with beard
Shaved
Back in time to real recall of what happened.
(2) thanks from:
20-02-2019, 23:44   #11
bazz26

5 o'clock shadow?
20-02-2019, 23:50   #12
ProjectMoose

Serves me right for going to make tea. I missed that part. I'll watch it again this weekend.
21-02-2019, 10:56   #13
The Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by w/s/p/c/ View Post
I was confused by the flashback too (when the husband had a beard, then had no beard, then a beard again), but my take on it is that Alpha is the was being abused by the husband (similar the story about Carol cutting her hair so the abusive husband couldn't grab it anymore). Think she used the chaos as an excuse to get her revenge on him. I agree she seems to have gone full Shane which lead her to be the leader of the Whisperers. That's my take on it, I could be wrong!!

My take on it was that Alpha is the abuser and that Lydia's childhood memories are muddled from the influence of her controlling mother?
(4) thanks from:
21-02-2019, 13:16   #14

Its a bit silly really. Lydia goes from being a brainwashed killer, living in that environment for a decade to over night, softening after a heart to heart with the mumbling hobo, very very rushed. I was willing her to brain that annoying little bollox with the hammer and escape.
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2019, 13:44   #15
fritzelly

Ratings slipping

https://deadline.com/2019/02/walking...mc-1202561049/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size