Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-07-2018, 22:12   #1
Bailey10

Day 1

So after 40 years I decided it's time to stop. Probably my 10th attempt but hopefully the last! The first day I found particularly difficult, constant battle with my inner self, go to shop, no don't etc etc.
Still I've managed it and one step at a time, hopefully tomorrow will be less traumatic !
Advertisement
17-07-2018, 22:52   #2
Love2love

Send a message via Skype™ to Love2love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey10 View Post
So after 40 years I decided it's time to stop. Probably my 10th attempt but hopefully the last! The first day I found particularly difficult, constant battle with my inner self, go to shop, no don't etc etc.
Still I've managed it and one step at a time, hopefully tomorrow will be less traumatic !
Well done on making the decision to quit. Doesn't matter how many previous attempts, concentrate on getting through the day or the hour or even the minute. I found that previous attempts scuppered my will because I was almost expecting to fail like every other time. Day 1 was hard, Day 2 not so hard and Day 3 a killer - so much I got dressed to go buy some but by the time I got to the shop - I had talked myself out of it.

Best decision I ever made and I know everyone says this but if I could quit - anyone can! I really thought I'd be left by myself outside smoking but thankfully I stayed strong. Now there is nobody in my day to say life that smokes. I could go weeks before coming in contact with a smoker. I find this crazy because 10 years ago - all my friends, family and colleagues smoked
17-07-2018, 22:53   #3
Jennehy
Banned

Stay away from that vaping jingle jangle.
17-07-2018, 23:22   #4
Bailey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2love View Post
Well done on making the decision to quit. Doesn't matter how many previous attempts, concentrate on getting through the day or the hour or even the minute. I found that previous attempts scuppered my will because I was almost expecting to fail like every other time. Day 1 was hard, Day 2 not so hard and Day 3 a killer - so much I got dressed to go buy some but by the time I got to the shop - I had talked myself out of it.

Best decision I ever made and I know everyone says this but if I could quit - anyone can! I really thought I'd be left by myself outside smoking but thankfully I stayed strong. Now there is nobody in my day to say life that smokes. I could go weeks before coming in contact with a smoker. I find this crazy because 10 years ago - all my friends, family and colleagues smoked

Thanks for that
I know from previous attempts what the first few days are like but feeling determined to battle through. Bit restless this eve, everything in the house eaten just to keep occupied !

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion