Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-06-2019, 16:48   #1
Typishasa
Banned

A story about why you should plan what will happen to your collection of research

I read a fiction story one time, written in the form of a letter from a person who had inherited family history research, documents, certificates, photographs, old computer etc, and was describing the junk they had inherited, and how they were going to get rid of it all, showing that they had no value on it, no understanding of how important it was, no consideration of the years of work put in by their deceased relative, and it was all going to be lost.

I found it interesting at the time I read it, maybe some years ago, but I did not save it. I was reminded of the topic during a conversation today, and I would like to find the article again. I have just tried searching Google and Facebook for key words and phrases but I could not find it.
I think it was intended to show why you should have a plan to make sure to leave your records to the right person or organisation after your death, so that your work does not die with you.

So I am asking here in case anyone recognises the story I am thinking of, and might have a link to it.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-05-2020, 13:53   #2
emanresu

Cleaning Mother's House
by Michael John Neill
http://rootdig.genealogytipoftheday.com/?p=2091 or

http://rootdig.blogspot.com/2010/11/...ers-house.html
(5) thanks from:
21-05-2020, 02:44   #3
.BrianJM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
Thanks. Must send the links to my sister.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion