Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I tried a new inhaler and I can breath so much more easily, it feels so nice to take a nice, deep breath :D

That is not trivial!

Glad you're feeling better with it though. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Plucking out grey hairs.

Peregrine wrote: »
    Plucking out grey hairs.

I plucked out a grey eyebrow hair. I dread to think what's next.

Seriously, I'm 28!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Bath pjs and fresh new sheets on bed. Ahhhhhhhh heaven.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Candie wrote: »
    I plucked out a grey eyebrow hair. I dread to think what's next.

Seriously, I'm 28!

I don't know about eyebrows but my hair is riddled with greys!

And I pluck them out one by one. I feel happier and get an even larger sense of accomplishment each time.

I'm probably damaging them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Having a hot whiskey (Jameson) atm and I must say it's heavenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spook80

Needing to poo before I shower

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Just found out I have a job interview this week somewhere I really want to work and its my anniversary tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Finding a lost sock and being able to reunite the pair and put them into the sock drawer! It's a thrilling life I lead....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

A nice dozey sunday morning lie-in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

nicki11 wrote: »
    Just found out I have a job interview this week somewhere I really want to work and its my anniversary tomorrow :D

Good luck! I recently got a new job which is more stable and it's pretty much my dream job- after so long working a couple crappy jobs here and there, I'm on cloud 9 still! I'll be hoping you feel the same next week :)

Tasden wrote: »
    Good luck! I recently got a new job which is more stable and it's pretty much my dream job- after so long working a couple crappy jobs here and there, I'm on cloud 9 still! I'll be hoping you feel the same next week :)

Thanks, good for you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Tonight's Dessert: Tiramisu and a glass of Port while watching QI on TV. :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ant and Dec <3

KatW4 wrote: »
    Ant and Dec <3

I'm not sure how they would feel about being called a trivial thing :P

I'm not sure how they would feel about being called a trivial thing

Oh yeah that's true. They're not trivial at all but they do make me happy!

Lovely anniversary dinner with my OH at a new restaurant (at least for us) and a movie when we got home :) fabulous day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Supplemental charges on an set menu or early bird. €8 supplement for steak. €5 supplement for sea bass. €6 supplement for prawns. €5 supplement for duck. What is the fúcking point? The only other thing that's left is the veggie option and burger and chips - so why bother advertising a "menu" where pretty much everything requires an extra charge?

Also TA that I am so annoyed by this because I don't actually eat meat or fish so it doesn't affect me....but it still gets to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Supplemental charges on an set menu or early bird. €8 supplement for steak. €5 supplement for sea bass. €6 supplement for prawns. €5 supplement for duck. What is the fúcking point? The only other thing that's left is the veggie option and burger and chips - so why bother advertising a "menu" where pretty much everything requires an extra charge?

Also TA that I am so annoyed by this because I don't actually eat meat or fish so it doesn't affect me....but it still gets to me :(

This is the happy thread!!! Be gone with you and your complaints!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Menas wrote: »
    This is the happy thread!!! Be gone with you and your complaints!

Oh sorry! :D:D:D:D I'm ALWAYS doing that! And then of course someone will quote me right away so my mistake is immortalised forever. Hilarious (so I guess that's a trivial thing that makes me happy)

(slinks away)....... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Getting through with a phone call after being on hold for ages, it feels like it was a victory for perseverance.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Those days when the M50 is moving very slowly, and the serial lane hopper slowly moves further and further back than they would have been by staying put. Even better is when they manage to disappear into the distance in the rear-view mirror.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭BenedrylPete

Cold feet.

Found big fat long chunky wooly socks in hotpress.

Win.

Wood floors.

Double win .

Weeeeeeeeeeee

I'm 4 years teaching now and I hate others watching me teach, I get so nervous. Yesterday a trainee teacher was observing me for the day and I wasn't a bit nervous. Yay finally!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Has anyone here been watching "King Julian" on netflix? It's the best show ever: one episode and you are just happy

Managing to get the knots out of my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Buying a bag of chips, and when you think you've finished, you lift the flimsy internal paper bag, and there's four or five chips underneath that were marinated in vinegar and taste delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This week's #ThrowbackThursday playlist on Spotify is giving me waves upon waves of nostalgia. This week, it's all 90s club tracks! Been bopping around me kitchen to CeCe Peniston and The Vengaboys! Quality! :D

• Advertisement

Managing to get the knots out of my hair.

I know this feeling only too well. It's so nice at the end when you have smooth hair!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement