Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

The Dungarvan relay on ch 55 was off at 1200 and still off at the time of posting. I'm not sure how long it's been off because only checked when I came home for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Antenna

A bit belated but RTE Radio 1 via Mullghanish (90.0) was off-air for a period last Monday (8th November) mid-morning. I assume transmitter failure rather than mast/aerial issues as the other national FMs were still on when I checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Antenna wrote: »
    A bit belated but RTE Radio 1 via Mullghanish (90.0) was off-air for a period last Monday (8th November) mid-morning. I assume transmitter failure rather than mast/aerial issues as the other national FMs were still on when I checked?

Has been happening regularly in recent weeks, goes off air shortly after 9 in the morning also noticed the DTT signal from there recently was weaker at times, sometimes after midnight also around midday today. Possible maintenence?

• The Arklow transmitter is currently off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Monasootha Relay, Co. Wexford No signal RTE1, NET2, TNAG (Must be the weather).
    Can still pick up the normal unwatchable TV3 from Mth Lenister.
    However still picking up Wales Freeview 5/5 Loud and clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Monasootha Relay is back, good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DEFIE

Hi..

Anybody know if there is a problem with the Waterford infill transmitter. Was working last week but cant seem to get anything at the moment with same setup.. Could the weather have knoced it out..heavy snow here last couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tlaavtech

DEFIE wrote: »
    Hi..

Anybody know if there is a problem with the Waterford infill transmitter. Was working last week but cant seem to get anything at the moment with same setup.. Could the weather have knoced it out..heavy snow here last couple of days

It's definitely off.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DEFIE

Thanks for the info. Any idea how long it will be down. Is it just a temporary outage ?

No idea - not sure about 45 either. Can someone confirm if mt. Leinster is still going??

EDIT: Don't have analyser handy, but looks like the carrier may still be there on 22 but nothing from 45, which would make sense assuming that 22 is getting its signal from 45.

(The above is based on a Sony and a Picnic both attempting to tune in on 22, but going straight past 45.)

EDIT 2: Confirmed by TSEdit analyser that carrier is on 22 with a data rate of 24.14Mbps with 100% Null Packets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭philahern

Anyone notice anything strange with Woodcock Hill? I have a loft aerial and never had a problem til now. Nothing's changed but now my signal seems to week and constantly breaking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

tlaavtech wrote: »
    No idea - not sure about 45 either. Can someone confirm if mt. Leinster is still going??

I'm getting nothing from Mount Leinster, my brother's house is the same. First time this has happened in a long time.

Ignore my last post. My signal is back again it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

gorey is out today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Arklow went off shortly after 09:00 and still not back at 16:30

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

ch 45 mount leinster is off air .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I think it's finally happened....
    "will the last person leaving the country please turn off the lights"
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gone here, a bit of snow or something else?

Judging by these photos from January's snow, it's probably more than a bit of snow ;)

In fact, maybe we can all save time by re-reading all the posts from then :D

EDIT: FM Transmitter still up. Since I cannot find a news report about it, I assume that only the DTT transmitter is affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Irishdude

philahern wrote: »
    Anyone notice anything strange with Woodcock Hill? I have a loft aerial and never had a problem til now. Nothing's changed but now my signal seems to week and constantly breaking up.

Yes I'm in rhebogue and all rte 1,2,tv3 and tg4 are very bad for the last 2 weeks.
    I had the mesh, dickybow aerial went offf and baught the yagi from currys but no improvement.
    lots of ghostings and snow.

• Advertisement

And yours was working fine before that? Looking back through some recordings from last week I have noticed that it seems to be going and coming back now and then. Had perfect signal before that.

I don't really know how it all works on the transmitter side. Can it be affected by the weather a lot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The antennae could be covered with a pack ice coating, yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Mount Leinster is back up - reported here, I just checked I'm receiving it too.

• as is arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

As is Waterford city transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Kippure rock solid all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭charlie1966

Thought this thread was just for transmitter outages. It's a waste of time having it a sticky if you are going to go off topic. So stop the chit chat please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Click the report button and a moderator will rule ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Let's keep this thread for transmitter outages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭John mac

Castlebar tv is off air. only 1 tv station, (retnl test channel)

, all the radio channels (10) are still on, ch22

: EDIT: just thinking my tv only has mpeg2 so cant see the stations anyway. but have the channel flags changed?

Advertisement