Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Australian shepherd

• 06-11-2018 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey..
    So ive done so much reaserch on Australian shepherds and i just cant find any breeders in ireland. Why is there literally 0 breeders in ireland :( tried to search in "for sale" places but alot of scammers around . Any advice where to look would be lovely! I presume breeders do not post pups on sale?
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

What kind of research have you been doing to find them? If you're looking at online selling sites, you're looking in the wrong place.

With Australian Shepherds being a rarer breed in this country, I'd assume most of the breeders in Ireland have a queue of people looking for their puppies.

There's a Facebook group dedicated to Aussies in Ireland, a number of Irish breeders post there and share photos of their accomplishments as well as there being 'ordinary' Aussie owners.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/767322103399783/

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I think there used to be a poster here a few years back that had Australian Shepherds. If I remember correctly she imported her dogs from mainland Europe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

No sorry, I'm wrong. It was Australian cattle dogs she had.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

No sorry, I'm wrong. It was Australian cattle dogs she had.

Ah yes! ACD! Her dogs are fab :)
    There is a poster here who has at least one Australian Shepherd though, and I've met a couple of other people who have them... One was a rescue. So there are breeders here, but as above, you'd want to get your name on a waiting list.
    Knine may be able to get contact details for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭volchitsa

OP I happen to know someone who may have a litter of Australian shepherds within the next while (not sure of the details as I don't know them through "dog" business and am not in the market for pups myself at the moment, so this is more of a "on the off chance that it all comes together" thing than anything else)

Anyway I've PMed you in case you're interested in finding out more in which case I could put you in contact.

(MODS: I hope it's not against the forum rules to do this, please delete if not appropriate.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I have sent the OP a PM. There are some lovely dogs here in Ireland being shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Annnupannnu

Thank you very much guys for all ur information! I appreciate! Thank you thank you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BlueMerle

Knine wrote: »
    I have sent the OP a PM. There are some lovely dogs here in Ireland being shown.

Hi Knine,

I'm new to this thread but I've also been on the search for an Australian Shepherd. I have a 9 month old Blue Merle Border Collie and I'm eager to get an Aussie to keep him company but I can't for the life of me find one anywhere! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chelliebabie

I'm also looking for an Australian Shepherd as a herding dog - does anyone have any contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Banisteoir

Did anybody ever find any Australian Shepherds ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've been looking for information too. There's a FB group apparently, but I don't know how active it is.

Edit: Found <link removed> breeder listing when searching for AS breeders in Northern Ireland.

Darch Nemesis, i know you are trying to be helpful and Champdogs is one of the better sites but as per the forum charter links to advert sites are not permitted. I am also pretty sure that most breeders would actually not appreciate links to their personal details being posted on an open forum.

Darch Nemesis, i know you are trying to be helpful and Champdogs is one of the better sites but as per the forum charter links to advert sites are not permitted. I am also pretty sure that most breeders would actually not appreciate links to their personal details being posted on an open forum.

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annupannu

Hey !! Original poster is me but for some reason i cannot get into my account ;(

Update!! I now own an australian shepherd !!! Finally after some time i was able to find an amazing breeder in ireland :) my baby girl is 4 months old today , little blue merle girl . Thank you everyone! Sorry for such a long reply guys!

Aussies are an amazing breed!!

Anna.

Congratulations! Pics please!! :D

I cant post pictures :( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 puppylady

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone knows of any breeders ofAussie Shepards I'm looking for a pup.

Keep on eye at facebook page Australian shepherds uk/roi - that is where i got my girl from :) you might get lucky!! Sometimes some breeders post there if any puppies available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 osulluvany

Hi there.
    Been looking for ages for one!
    May I ask who your breeder was? And roughly how much?
    If that's OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kennon

Annupannu wrote: »
    Hey !! Original poster is me but for some reason i cannot get into my account ;(

Update!! I now own an australian shepherd !!! Finally after some time i was able to find an amazing breeder in ireland :) my baby girl is 4 months old today , little blue merle girl . Thank you everyone! Sorry for such a long reply guys!

Aussies are an amazing breed!!

Anna.

Delighted for you, great to hear. I've been researching Aussies for a long time and am now in a position to give one a good home. What helped you most in your pursuit?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement