Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

whelan2 wrote: »
    Young lad up the road is helping out at home while we are away. His driving test was booked for 3pm yesterday. He sat in the room waiting to be called. After a while he enquired what the story was. The tester called in sick yesterday morning and he wasn't notified that his test was cancelled. He now has to reapply. That's a load of crap

Some load of sh1te that.why didn’t someone else test him or have the decency to ring him.if you failed to turn up they wouldn’t be long with making a big deal of it and going down in your pocket for money.not fair on a young lad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Went to mow a bit and the slave piston or cylinder or whatever it is that works the clutch goes after half a field. Fook sake. Lots of fook sakes.
    I rarely work the tractor and even Dad is having a laugh at the fact I managed to do it. He can fecking work the tractor forevermore now, I just don't get on with it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Lovely evening for a bbq or beer garden
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Sitting under a tree in garden. Enough done for the day. Got 350 small square bales of hay made yesterday. My 'round bale swapping' neighbour mowed, hay-bobed and baled them as he has the machinery. Gave him 100 bales in lieu of payment. Brought them in today. The heat was unreal. Had sweat running down the shuck of my ar$e most of the day. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Found a rather outgoing grasshopper who didn't jump away immediately. Beautiful little things.DgsgKLyW0AAQe2D.jpg

Not a bad looking finger either.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Went to mow a bit and the slave piston or cylinder or whatever it is that works the clutch goes after half a field. Fook sake. Lots of fook sakes.
    I rarely work the tractor and even Dad is having a laugh at the fact I managed to do it. He can fecking work the tractor forevermore now, I just don't get on with it. :mad:

If it's the clutch slave piston, replace the whole piston. You can get seals and just change them but the reason the seals go is there is some damage on the inner surface of the piston. Replace seals only and it will go again in a year or two. New cylinder and it will last twice as long at least. Speaking from experience on that one.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Not a bad looking finger either.

I've had some strange chat up lines in my time but that one takes the biscuit :D
    If it's the clutch slave piston, replace the whole piston. You can get seals and just change them but the reason the seals go is there is some damage on the inner surface of the piston. Replace seals only and it will go again in a year or two. New cylinder an dit will last twice as long at least. Speaking from experience on that one.

Yea, that's the one. New piston then, guess Brogans would have it. Would they cost much? Debating just leaving it til after the main contractor work is all done round here, mechanics flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I've had some strange chat up lines in my time but that one takes the biscuit :D

Yea, that's the one. New piston then, guess Brogans would have it. Would they cost much? Debating just leaving it til after the main contractor work is all done round here, mechanics flat out.

€30 to €50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Made a grand clamp of turf outside this week.pulled some plastic covers out on the lawns to square them off and make them easy to pull over the turf.they weren’t 20 minutes left out on the lawns and they burnt big fukn squares their own shape into the grass.big squares now like they were sprayed off with roundup.hindsight I should have unraveled them on the tarmac.if I had brains I’d be dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,940 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There was a big hoo ha in the European parliament earlier this year about the amounts of chromium in phosphate being used as fertilizer.
    The phosphate that had high levels comes from morroco. Russian phosphate has very low levels.
    Naturally the Russians were exuding the harm that high levels of chromium does to soil life and human/animal health.

After much consideration in the parliament and taking into account the Eu would now be cutting off one supply and giving a monopoly to the Russians.
    The Eu ruled that there was no harm from having chromium coming into the diet from phosphate.

The biological approach to farming is gradually gaining ground but with generations of farmers having grown up with in a npk world in institutions sponsored by chem, fert and kill that worm dose cultures, it'll be 50 years for it to become mainstream if it ever does.

The big exponents of biochar use fish byproducts in inoculating the char.
    The real clever ones use it treated with seaweed before feeding to cattle.

The more diverse life you can get into the soil the less artificial nitrogen needs to be applied.
    All life is nitrogen. Bacteria up to ourselves. We absorb nitrogen through the food we eat and the air we breathe. Then that becomes plant available as we die and decompose or get eaten by something else and comes out our waste pipe.
    That's the practice of biological farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Jeez, you'd want the patience of Job at this farming lark. Bought 2 purebred limousin heifers about 6 to 8 weeks ago. Saw one bulling but wasn't sure so let her go. She never came bulling since. No sign of any bulling with the other.
    Got an injection of Estrumate yesterday and headed out this morning to inject them. Yep, one of them mad bulling, standing and all. The one I never saw bulling and I watching them 3 times a day.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Jeez, you'd want the patience of Job at this farming lark. Bought 2 purebred limousin heifers about 6 to 8 weeks ago. Saw one bulling but wasn't sure so let her go. She never came bulling since. No sign of any bulling with the other.
    Got an injection of Estrumate yesterday and headed out this morning to inject them. Yep, one of them mad bulling, standing and all. The one I never saw bulling and I watching them 3 times a day.

Ah your fcuked up bad Patsy boy, you should have been watching them 4 times a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭emaherx

Bit hungover this morning and the sun was very bright and possibly a little loud ;)

Anyway went out to check cattle and they ran around mad with their tails in the air, didn't know what the hell was wrong with them. But as soon as I took off my sunglasses they calmed down straight away and went back to grazing! :D

emaherx wrote: »
    Bit hungover this morning and the sun was very bright and possibly a little loud ;)

Anyway went out to check cattle and they ran around mad with their tails in the air, didn't know what the hell was wrong with them. But as soon as I took off my sunglasses they calmed down straight away and went back to grazing! :D

They really hate a red pair I have, drives one cow crackers. But the wagon also hates headtorches so she's just an idiot. I reckon cattle like to see your eyes anyway, wouldn't it be part of their natural instinct to watch a predators eyes in the wild? Or maybe I'm talking shíte :pac::p
    But I know I'd be freaked out if someone who used to look normal showed up with no visible eyes one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭emaherx

They really hate a red pair I have, drives one cow crackers. But the wagon also hates headtorches so she's just an idiot. I reckon cattle like to see your eyes anyway, wouldn't it be part of their natural instinct to watch a predators eyes in the wild? Or maybe I'm talking shíte :pac::p
    But I know I'd be freaked out if someone who used to look normal showed up with no visible eyes one day!

Think you are on the money there. But I was a bit slow this morning.

emaherx wrote: »
    Think you are on the money there. But I was a bit slow this morning.

Monty Roberts teachings about horse join up is all about the eyes.

https://youtu.be/jOn_6Y5EJKk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Took a pic on iPhone which is 4.4mb, too big to add as attachment
    Went into google photos but don’t see how to change size
    Does anyone know how

Took a pic on iPhone which is 4.4mb, too big to add as attachment
    Went into google photos but don’t see how to change size
    Does anyone know how

You could upload it to imgur or postimage and copy the link and post the link here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Download a photo resize app to your phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Farm death in mayo

Great win for the O' Briens in the Dubai duty free at the Curragh!

Two brothers.
    Joseph trained. Donnacha rode and won.
    Horse named Latrobe.

Some achievement. Some talent. Some family.

Sired by a wexford horse.

ganmo wrote: »
    Farm death in mayo

Baler involved according to Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I was at seafest in the docks in Galway there for awhile. I thought it was a great event and mostly free. Fair play to Reggies buddies in the army. They had stuff on show and were very kid friendly letting them into the gear and chatting

Contractor gave me the use of MF398 today to draw in bales. He'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands when he wants it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Bullocks wrote: »
    I was at seafest in the docks in Galway there for awhile. I thought it was a great event and mostly free. Fair play to Reggies buddies in the army. They had stuff on show and were very kid friendly letting them into the gear and chatting
    I made plans a couple of months ago to be in Galway for Seafest. I was going to crash out at youngest place and get him to show me around.

Unfortunately for me it's a case of the best made plans of mice & men :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Contractor gave me the use of MF398 today to draw in bales. He'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands when he wants it back :D

You'll have to return it to him to get it fixed anyway when you break it :p

You'll have to return it to him to get it fixed anyway when you break it :p

Hush now, or i'll come joyride on yours and you'll be scratching your head some morning when it won't start :D

Some great football in this world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Kildare are putting Mayo on the run :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement