Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WFP Appeal

• 15-06-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just wondering has anyone been through an appeal before and if so how long it takes. Basically i started work last september and they left my son out of the equation. They say because he was 22 that's it. But....the website states that you are still covered if you are 22 and in full time education. Thing is when I started work that very day he turned 22 and is in his final year of college. It is finally with the appeals officer. I'm just wondering has anyone been through same. The wait is torture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

THe problem is that your child turned 22 the day you began work, making them ineligible to be counted for your WFP application

The website states that they can contimue to be counted for wfp if they are in full term ediucation and turn 22 after you apply for the remainder of that calender year

Your child turned 22 before you applied making them ineligible

• Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

I did an induction day the day before he turned 22 and my first paid day was when he became 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

socute14 wrote: »
    I did an induction day the day before he turned 22 and my first paid day was when he became 22.

But its not from the day you started work, its from the day you applied for fis.

And as far as I know, even if you filled out the form the day before his birthday, they would not have recieved it until his birthday or after so he still wouldnt be counted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Have you younger kids OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

socute14 wrote: »

He was over 22 though when they got your application. Wait and see what the appeals officer says but be prepared for disappointment. Did you give up the idea about going back to Carers?

• Advertisement

No i sent in the application the minute i started work. I have 2 other kids. LIfe is very stressful at the moment. I got help from family members about the carers but i dont even know if things will get any better in that area either.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I had an appeal wfp appeal earlier this year because they took into account earnings from previous employment. It took about 15ish weeks if I remember right.

Thanks fatty muatty, was it ruled in your favour. I'm worried now.

Advertisement