Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Think Wexford could rival you there, they still haven’t dropped the prices from €219 for 500 litres. Same company will deliver to Carlow for €190 for 500 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Thinking of ordering 300lt to fill tank, €144 in Wexford at moment, ordered 500lt 3 weeks ago for €270, is it going up may1st anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

I wonder if the general public might be getting orders in before 1st of May due to carbon tax increase, so less pressure on suppliers in some parts to adjust prices lower. Perhaps after 1st of May the higer priced hold outs will drop a bit more... just a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Hasn't dropped in Wexford in at least two weeks and every supplier is exactly the same price. Fcuking rip off merchants, it'll be a cold day in hell before I give any of them my business

.https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I see Oil4U are doing 500 litres for €175 and 1000 litres for €335 now for anybody here in Meath/Louth area.
    It appears they also cover Mullingar, which is how I came across them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Hasn't dropped in Wexford in at least two weeks and every supplier is exactly the same price. Fcuking rip off merchants, it'll be a cold day in hell before I give any of them my business

.https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Wexford

What choice do we have when we live here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What choice do we have when we live here?

I'm fortunate enough to live near enough to Arklow. Whereas they'll still charge a little more to come here it's still €30/1000litres less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I'm fortunate enough to live near enough to Arklow. Whereas they'll still charge a little more to come here it's still €30/1000litres less.

That's a big saving, you're dead right.

I only wish I could do the same, I'd rather give my hard earned money to a different supplier who was willing to travel and even match the local price rather than support a company who is tearing the arse out of it because they think the locals have no choice.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Mr Oil has just dropped its prices to 39c/l for Wexford
    390 euro for 1000l
    40c/l for quantities of 500l

Galway prices are expensive as per usual

Mr Oil in Wexford have finally dropped their prices to 200 euro for 500 litres. Same amount in Carlow is 189 euro.

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Mr Oil in Wexford have finally dropped their prices to 200 euro for 500 litres. Same amount in Carlow is 189 euro.

Mr. Oil is probably reading this thread, the hump.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fleece

bogman wrote: »
    Mr Oil has just dropped its prices to 39c/l for Wexford
    390 euro for 1000l
    40c/l for quantities of 500l

Galway prices are expensive as per usual

Try Claddagh Oil , quoted 200 for 500 lts last week.

boardzz wrote: »
    Mor Oil is cheapest in Galway currently

Claddagh Oil quoted 200 for 500 lts last week, possibly cheaper now .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

€389 lowest Waterford €400 from my usual supplier, quoted on cheapestoil.ie

Thinking of getting 1000LR. Anyone know if prices may fall lower or has it reached rock bottom? if it's possible to know it that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

Online quote of €315.05 inc VAT for 750Ltrs Kerosene from Corrib Oil. €400 inc VAT for 1000ltrs.

fleece wrote: »
    Claddagh Oil quoted 200 for 500 lts last week, possibly cheaper now .

380 for 1000 lts from Claddagh Oil this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Pistachio wrote: »
    Online quote of €315.05 inc VAT for 750Ltrs Kerosene from Corrib Oil. €400 inc VAT for 1000ltrs.

Corrib Oil Roscommon quoted me €380 all in for 1000l yesterday.

BullBauld wrote: »
    Corrib Oil Roscommon quoted me €380 all in for 1000l yesterday.

Westmeath Oil are selling at 329 in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Westmeath Oil are selling at 329 in Roscommon.

Only the Athlone side of Roscommon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Greentopia wrote: »
    €389 lowest Waterford €400 from my usual supplier, quoted on cheapestoil.ie

Thinking of getting 1000LR. Anyone know if prices may fall lower or has it reached rock bottom? if it's possible to know it that is...

I'd get it now, Govt taxes will prevent it falling much lower, by autumn, you would expect world demand to increase the price significantly. Other factors may play into this, but the price is pretty good now, and with a full tank going into warmer months, you'd have most it left going into autumn.

• Advertisement

Redriddick wrote: »

Yes unfortunately so. I'm Ros town.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

How much will the carbon tax add to the cost of 500 litres (on average)

TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

paulgalway wrote: »
    How much will the carbon tax add to the cost of 500 litres (on average)

TIA.

€10 or 2c a litre afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Texoil deliver en Kilkenny https://texoil.valero.com/

1,000 litres €360.14 inc VAT
    500 litres €185.18 inc vat

Kelleher's just dropped to 370 in Kerry and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭Villa05

With oil so cheap, could the Gov take the opportunity to put a much higher carbon tax on now
    A 10c increase per litre would not be noticed now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Dont be saying stuff like that.
    The government will be only too eager to do that and the increase will be very noticeable next year if oil goes up and people dont have much cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

mickdw wrote: »
    Dont be saying stuff like that.
    The government will be only too eager to do that and the increase will be very noticeable next year if oil goes up and people dont have much cash.

As soon as we have a government the first item on the agenda will be setting a date for another budget. Increased taxes on fossil fuel is a given along with an increase in USC.

Redriddick wrote: »

Flynn's of Mullingar/Athlone will deliver to Roscommon Town @ €340 for 1000l.

• Advertisement

Just rang around a few places in Wexford. Some difference I tell you. I want to spend about €300 and here is the following :

Campus 800 litres online €299.99 with discount Code CM15 - Over the phone €315

Kenny fuels 750 litres online €300 same over the phone

Newline oil 720 litres €300 online over the phone €300 for 750 litres

Bates oil 800 litres online €350 and over the phone €300 gets you 680 litres

Glen fuels 800 litres for €300 over the phone .

Mr Oil 750 litres online for €300 and over the phone the same price .

So the best value is either Campus and you pay online or else Glen Fuels and you pay cash on delivery . Pays to shop around .

Advertisement