Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

• 18-06-2021 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Hi, I believe there should be a dedicated thread for Prime day deals over the two days as the other Amazon thread is for daily deals etc. If MODS don't agree feel free to remove.

Prime Day this year is over two days Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd. Deals change through out the day. Although mostly rubbish items, there are some bargains that can be had. You must be a Prime member to get these deals

Prime is £7.99 per month and can be cancelled after the first month.
    Also you may be eligible for 1 Month free trial - again this can be cancelled within the 1st month and there will be no charge. You will still get the deals.

Available now:

Ring Doorbell Wired £35 Link

Ring Doorbell with Chime - £45 Link

Here are some of the deals available now , these have to be ordered through Alexa for this price now - will be available without that from Monday.

Echo dot 4th gen £24.99 (black/white/blue)
    Echo dot 4th gen clock £34.99 (white/blue)
    Echo dot 3rd gen £19.99 (charcoal/grey/sandstone/plum)
    Echo 4th gen £54.99 (charcoal/white/blue)
    Fire HD 8 Tablet £39.99
    Echo Show 5 1st gen (black/white) £39.99
    Echo Show 8 1st gen (black/white) £59.99
    Echo Show 8 2nd gen 2021 (black/white) - £84.99
    Fire TV Cube £59.99 (Does not deliver to Ireland)
    Kindle Paperwhite £79.99

The Firestick 4K will be £26.99 from Monday. Edit: No longer ships to Ireland :(

Also as usual there should be a 20% discount on warehouse items.

PLEASE NOTE PRICES ARE ONES WITH UK VAT AND WILL SLIGHTLY DIFFER WITH IRISH VAT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

sheep shagger put you up this i bet, just to make the new job easier.

didn't realise there were alexa deals

the echo show 8 and kindle paperwhite are v good value

• Registered Users Posts: 15,939 ✭✭✭✭event

What would be very handy if people went all the way to adding an item to their basket and quoting that price. Sometimes it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

event wrote: »
    What would be very handy if people went all the way to adding an item to their basket and quoting that price. Sometimes it changes.

Yes they slightly change with Irish vat, once the deals go live for everyone we can put in deals with Irish prices. As the deals are only available through Alexa for now, bit hard to do that but as mentioned should be available for everyone Monday at 00:01.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

dan786 wrote: »
    H
    Ring Doorbell with Chime - £45 Link

Worth pointing out that if you have one or more Alexas that you might not need the chime as you can get the Ring doorbell to make announcements instead on all the Alexa devices in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

The cube is currently showing that it will deliver to me here :) But would love to know if the iplayer will work without vpn?

• Advertisement

MoodeRator wrote: »
    The cube is currently showing that it will deliver to me here :) But would love to know if the iplayer will work without vpn?

Odd shows as cant be delivered to this address for me. I am in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Any confirmation of warehouse deals %%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

MoodeRator wrote: »

iPlayer won't work without a VPN but plenty of options for VPN's that will work on the Cube without any hassle

zell12 wrote: »
    Any confirmation of warehouse deals %%?

It will be 20% or 30%. Its was 20% last few years on both prime day and for black Friday but they increased it to 30% for the last black Friday

Anyone else having issue with getting Fire Stick and Cube being delivered to their address here? I ordered before but now says cant be delivered to selected address. Have tried 2 addresses in Dublin both same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

dan786 wrote:
    Anyone else having issue with getting Fire Stick and Cube being delivered to their address here? I ordered before but now says cant be delivered to selected address. Have tried 2 addresses in Dublin both same issue.

They can no longer be delivered to Ireland. There was a glitch where you could order them. I got half price firecube in March but glitch is repaired and won't be delivered to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

dan786 wrote: »

Currys also sell them. Hoping they'll do something on the price and I'll pick up a few

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

I have a feeling Amazon have an agreement with Curry's Ireland to be the sole official seller of the 4K fire stick. It disappeared off the Curry's website for a couple of months after Christmas and that is when Amazon started shipping it here. Maybe it's a coincidence but when Curry's are now selling it again Amazon stop shipping it. The cube could be the same but I wasn't watching that.
    I would expect Curry's Ireland to ever reduce the price especially now that PM and PW are out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

For Prime renewal, should I use .com or .co.uk?

Or one of the EU sites?
    Thinking customs etc. Have my eye on a pair of headphones and a good DAC

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

For Prime renewal, should I use .com or .co.uk?

Or one of the EU sites?
    Thinking customs etc. Have my eye on a pair of headphones and a good DAC

The UK site is the only one that Irish can get proper prime benefits, like free delivery, from

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

jdon72 wrote: »
    The UK site is the only one that Irish can get proper prime benefits, like free delivery, from

Perfect, that answers that then. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They can no longer be delivered to Ireland. There was a glitch where you could order them. I got half price firecube in March but glitch is repaired and won't be delivered to Ireland

So if u know some one up North only way then

• Registered Users Posts: 84,803 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shame

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

We ship the firestick to Ireland.

We don’t ship firestick to Ireland.

We ship the cube to Ireland.

We don’t ship cube to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 rant123

Echo 4gen at £54.99 when bought through Alexa comes in at £68.40 with all the import fees.

Items:

£58.32

Postage & Packing:

£0.00

Total before VAT:

£58.32

Total:

£58.32

Promotion Applied:

-£3.33

Import Fees Deposit

£13.41

Order Total:
    £68.40

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Chopper Dave

rant123 wrote: »
    Echo 4gen at £54.99 when bought through Alexa comes in at £68.40 with all the import fees.

Same for me. It's just happening with the Prime Day bargains. With everything else they are deducting the UK VAT before adding the Import Fees so the all in price is quite similar. Hope they fix this before Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

How do you buy something through Alexa?

I need a new kindle as my current one is almost 10 years old and while it still works fine the battery isnt great anymore. Thinking of going for a paperwhite. I have had the basic kindle. I assume the paperwhite price via Alexa will be the cheapest and it wont reduce further on Prime Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Imblue

Daisy03 wrote: »
    How do you buy something through Alexa?

I need a new kindle as my current one is almost 10 years old and while it still works fine the battery isnt great anymore. Thinking of going for a paperwhite. I have had the basic kindle. I assume the paperwhite price via Alexa will be the cheapest and it wont reduce further on Prime Day?

It's just a case of asking Alexa to show you your bargains, and it lists off the current bargains. Then just say add to basket and it goes into the basket. Then you can finish the purchase in the amazon store as usual. If you have the show it will display the item picture,
    If you don't have an echo you can use the Alexa mobile app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

rant123 wrote: »

Items:

£58.32

Postage & Packing:

£0.00

Total before VAT:

£58.32

Total:

£58.32

Promotion Applied:

-£3.33

Import Fees Deposit

£13.41

Order Total:
    £68.40

whereas for an echo dot 4, it seems to be working fine

the original price is 34.99 and the basket price for me is £35.87

I'm onto customer service chat at the moment, but getting no where. I've asked for an email address that i can send examples to, so will post that here later.....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

Weird one with the kindle paperwhite.

Only giving discount of 20 on deliver to ireland but discount of 40 if I select addresses pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yes, for example the Ring Doorbell is actually 44.34, not 35 shipped to Ireland.
    Thats a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes, for example the Ring Doorbell is actually 44.34, not 35 shipped to Ireland.
    Thats a big difference.

Same for me for echo buds, in the product page

RRP: £119.99
    Deal Price: £49.99
    You Save: £70.00 (58%)

When checking out:

Items: £99.99
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: £23.00
    Total: £122.99
    Promotion Applied: -£50.00
    Order Total: £72.99

Even the discount is wrong, going to try the chat but my hopes are quite low

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jarrieta wrote:
    RRP: £119.99 Deal Price: £49.99 You Save: £70.00 (58%)

jarrieta wrote:
    When checking out:

jarrieta wrote:
    Items: £99.99 Postage & Packing: £0.00 Import Fees Deposit: £23.00 and Total: £122.99 Promotion Applied: -£50.00 Order Total: £72.99

It looks exactly correct to me. Where did they make the mistake?

Isn't VAT charged on the discount amount too? Its the value of the goods and not necessarily what you pay. Isn't it the same as them showing 6 euro postage and then giving you the 6 euro as a discount. You end up paying vat on the 6 euro postage that you didn't pay

It would be a different case if it was just on offer and they didn't show any discount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

It looks exactly correct to me. Where did they make the mistake?

Isn't VAT charged on the discount amount too? Its the value of the goods and not necessarily what you pay. Isn't it the same as them showing 6 euro postage and then giving you the 6 euro as a discount. You end up paying vat on the 6 euro postage that you didn't pay

It would be a different case if it was just on offer and they didn't show any discount

Have seen same with another item in prime sale. Import fees and tax charged on original price and not the discount price. However for other items with a discount the import fees and tax are calculated on the discount price and not the original list price. Not sure why it's different.

Advertisement