Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed

• 02-05-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Looks like some Professional 3rd party aircraft are on the way for the new DCS:-World core.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87621
    beczl wrote: »
    I'm happy to announce my first independent 3rd party module - "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed". This new module development is based on the new 3rd party License agreement/support that was previously announced by TFC/Eagle Dynamics. I plan to release MiG-21Bis later in 2012.

The MiG-21Bis is considered a third-generation, supersonic, jet fighter. It's avionics equipment ensures day and night operations in fair and poor weather conditions. Some 50 countries over four continents have flown the MiG-21, and it still serves many nations a half-century after its maiden flight. The MiG-21 broke a number of aviation records and it is still the most produced supersonic jet aircraft in aviation history.

"DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed" includes both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground capabilities that includes various conventional weapons like missiles, rockets, bombs, and a built in 23mm cannon. "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed" will also use less widely known weapons such as some advanced air-to-surface guided missiles, retarded and general purpose bombs, and some special devices.

Features of the "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed":

• Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit with dynamic shadows. Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse like previous DCS products.
    • Accurate airframe and realistic 3D cockpit model.
    • Detailed modeling of the MiG-21Bis instruments, navigation, electrical, radar, engine, fuel, and weapon systems.
    • Russian and English cockpit texts and hints

• Improved and more realistic airplane behaviors that are based on real MiG-21Bis pilot tests and instruction.
    • More than a twenty high detailed aircraft skin with unique stencil texts.
    • More than a dozen new deliverable weapon.

"DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed” is developed by Laszlo 'beczl' Becz in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics. Further information will be provided as development progresses. I will be providing Work In Progress (WIP) screenshots, videos, and other product information.

attachment.php?attachmentid=65253&d=1335932149
    attachment.php?attachmentid=65242&d=1335932050
    attachment.php?attachmentid=65246&d=1335932063
    attachment.php?attachmentid=65245&d=1335932063
    attachment.php?attachmentid=65249&d=1335932115

Nate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah, finally a proper jet. I wondered when they'd get around to it.

Advertisement