Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why?

• 28-11-2019 12:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I can’t find the answer and I have looked.

Cersei is locked in prison and her son the Kings wife is locked in the same prison.

The lannisters are the most powerful family and with the biggest army in the world.

Why doesn’t he call the armies to come save them?

They could wipe them out and the city.

Why doesn’t he?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I can’t find the answer and I have looked.

Cersei is locked in prison and her son the Kings wife is locked in the same prison.

The lannisters are the most powerful family and with the biggest army in the world.

Why doesn’t he call the armies to come save them?

They could wipe them out and the city.

Why doesn’t he?

Kevan Lannister was de facto in charge of Kings Landing, and wasn't really bothered about getting Cersei out. He had a 'let her stew for a while' attitude.
    An army of one of the seven kingdoms attacking Kings Landing would not have been a good look. Potentially restart the civil war just when things were becoming a bit normal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Kevan Lannister was de facto in charge of Kings Landing, and wasn't really bothered about getting Cersei out. He had a 'let her stew for a while' attitude.
    An army of one of the seven kingdoms attacking Kings Landing would not have been a good look. Potentially restart the civil war just when things were becoming a bit normal.

I can see the sense in that to a degree.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It's one of those things that may have been clearer in the book, as Kevan had previously pulled Cersei up for being an unreliable drunk.

But there's definitely some of it in the show.
    https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Kevan_Lannister

Season 5.
    "Following Cersei's arrest by the High Sparrow, Grand Maester Pycelle sends a raven to Casterly Rock to summon Kevan back to King's Landing to serve as the Hand of the King. Kevan now presides over the Small Council. When Cersei asks Qyburn to ask Kevan to come to see her in her cell, Qyburn says he already asked and Kevan refused.[9]"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

It's one of those things that may have been clearer in the book, as Kevan had previously pulled Cersei up for being an unreliable drunk.

But there's definitely some of it in the show.
    https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Kevan_Lannister

Season 5.
    "Following Cersei's arrest by the High Sparrow, Grand Maester Pycelle sends a raven to Casterly Rock to summon Kevan back to King's Landing to serve as the Hand of the King. Kevan now presides over the Small Council. When Cersei asks Qyburn to ask Kevan to come to see her in her cell, Qyburn says he already asked and Kevan refused.[9]"

That’s even better thanks a million.
    I know tommen is no Joffrey but being king you think he would have done more.
    I haven’t read the books in years though but thanks for the reminder. Just watching the show again and I wondered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

3hwhhu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

:D Couldn't resist.

But no, as said above, it's a bit clearer in the books

Advertisement