Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ever Notice...

• 09-08-2020 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

.... that if you need a pee normally than you can hold it without any discomfort for a decent (i realise this is totally subjective) amount of time.

... but if you have had alcohol and can't make it to a toilet or suitable depository/receptacle then the pain becomes almost unbearable almost instantaneously. Think of a packed nightclub or a plane when the seatbelt light just wont go off....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Well, alcohol is a diuretic. So...

And no one drinks that much water pint after pint, as you would pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

If you drink 2 pints of beer vs 2 pints of water you will be alot more desperate for the jacks after the beer than the water imo.... is my point. I get that you wont be drinking 10 pints of water ordinarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Degag wrote: »
    If you drink 2 pints of beer vs 2 pints of water you will be alot more desperate for the jacks after the beer than the water imo.... is my point. I get that you wont be drinking 10 pints of water ordinarily.

Your liver is busy detoxifying the alcohol and sending the waste to your kidneys. If that didn't happen you'd be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Just dont break the seal too early, be grand.

Your liver is busy detoxifying the alcohol and sending the waste to your kidneys. If that didn't happen you'd be in trouble.

Surely that should delay the need for a wee though:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,779 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I can drink 3 pints of Guinness say in an hour comfortably, it’s pretty rare where you’d be just sat at home and neck 3 pints of water, coke or apple juice.

I'm not necessarily on about volume, just the inherent need to pee!

The urge is greater after beer/alcohol than it is off other beverages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Just break your phone instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lol my granny is nearly 100 and she always says "once you break the seal" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

You're in trouble anyway... your liver cannot completely detoxify alcohol, every drink you take slightly poisons your liver. Once you have subpar liver function, everything else starts gradually malfunction too. (including kidneys and bladder control etc)

You only need to be a moderate weekend drinker to have subpar liver function. Tests have shown this!

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »

You don't understand the word diuretic, do you?

Advertisement