Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

well...how bad is your sunburn

Options
  • 30-05-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm lying here like a big stupid lobster....soooooo not a good look....when will I ever learn...don't forget the sunscreen out there kids...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

No sunscreen and no sunburns :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

SPF15 every day, topped up with higher on days like today :)

I am still pale and interesting, rather then radiation red :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Covered in freckles...still hoping they all join together and then I'll have that bronzed look...oh yeah ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

It's space borne, carcinogenic radiation. Why would you sit out in it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

factor 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Work in an office with no windows, haven't seen much of the sun never mind a chance to be out in it. Still Irish pasty white for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Rarely outside in sun. I'm really really really fair skinned (though my hair is crazy dark brown) so don't deal with the heat very well. No sunburn for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Can't stand full on sun. I love sunny days and the sunshine that brings out the best in us, but I don't like the sweaty feeling! Must be getting old.

I love sitting under a big umbrella, or in the shade. Just mad me I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bluewolf wrote: »
    factor 50

Then ya get brittle bones apparently. We all need at least 15 minutes a day of full on sunshine without any factors to protect our hips and knees.

I don't like sitting in the sun, as in roasting on a spit, so I get my Vitamin D by walking around I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Was it that nice? Had a busy day, didn't really notice. Got a bit of colour on the noggin yesterday in croker alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm a bronzed Adonis. Bog men don't burn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

gifted wrote:
    Covered in freckles...still hoping they all join together and then I'll have that bronzed look...oh yeah ...

Same ..
    Factor 40 today in the playground with the younger kids.. I'm burned.. was only out for 2 hours.. feckin Sun.
    Little known fact.. vitamin D from sunshine needs at least 24 hours to absorb into your system... You lie out then shower.. it's gone... This is one way a cat absorbs vitamin D..they lick it in... So folks .. always lick yourself after sunbathing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A dreaded sunny day..so I meet you at the cemetery gates..

actually I did had a pint or two outside the gravediggers yesterday, nose a bit sunburdned but a great afternoon.. beat being stuck in traffic thats for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Factor 50 they said....
    Be grand they said....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I only want my dose of Vitamin D. The rest of the sun can shag off. :D

Work in an office with no windows, haven't seen much of the sun never mind a chance to be out in it. Still Irish pasty white for the time being.

Work in a place with no windows too. I love the sun but I've been working all weekend till late every evening and have seen none of it :(

I'm off tomorrow so it better be as nice as today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Same every year. Back of my neck gets a great colour, everything else is like the stay puft marshmallow man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Was wearing my cardigan. Didn't burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

Good rule of thumb. White on the outside, red on the inside. any reversal of this tends to spell a problem I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I had factor 30 on and went for a long walk on the beach. I'm a golden colour now. I love it. Going back tomorrow for even more. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Pat spillane sun tan for me, I look like a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

I'm hitting a solid 8/9 today....lobstered...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Got a nice tan going on from sunbathing since the sun arrived last week.

Haven't even bought sun lotion :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I must admit that I have a slightly burned back. It does not look burned but feels dry and itchy. (No, its not dirty!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

No sunburn here but I think I broke my baby toe wearing flip flops. Walked into a picnic table.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Was at the beach over the weekend so got a good enough colour. Little bit sunburned alright on my shoulders even though I had factor 30 on but it's fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I work outdoors so this is glorious weather for me! Factor 20 does the job. Back of my shoulders are burnt because i couldn't reach them and no one else was around to put it on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

OP, aloe vera is great for sunburn. If you have some rubbed over your skin by a bikini-clad blonde lass, while eating ice-cream, you should feel much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I heard on the radio that we only get 60 days of sunshine a year on average in Ireland we had already had 15 on that day so only 45 left.
    I am a nice toasty brown and ready to punch anyone in the face that complains about the heat!
    I was born in the wrong country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It seems to be only Irish people who seem to find it normal and acceptable to get sunburnt or to try and go brown. Really is wrong, especially where kids are concerned,

Sunburn is damaged skin and should be prevented at all costs.

Advertisement