Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus Radio nonsense

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Haven't really followed the case as you tend to become inured to state/semi-state union antics at this stage.

Is it just for the right to listen to radio - as in recreational use - on the bus?

If so, neither come out of the fiasco looking good: the management are being a bit strict and the union sounds more than a little Citizen Smithesque.

This is probably more symptomatic of a cumulatively horrible relationship between the union and management than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm not allowed listen to the radio in work either, better go on strike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

I'm not allowed listen to the radio in work either, better go on strike

don't go nuclear just yet, just spend a couple of hours per shift in the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Gator88 wrote: »
    I'm very slightly under 50.

Any higher and the bomb arms...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

A great outcome for dublin bus drivers. Well done to everyone, the unions, radio nova, the public in general and individual drivers who put their heads above the parapet. It may not have been a massive issue in the grand scheme of things but for drivers like myself who love to listen to the radio, it means an awful lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Dublin Bus drivers are refusing to use the Port Tunnel from next week and looking at non-collection of fares from next week because the drivers are not allowed use a radio in their cabs.

What is the story with all of the industrial action over the pettiness of things?? Start training up bus and Luas drivers and sack the lot of the whingers. Inconveniencing thousands of people over nonsense.

I would put a tiny bluetooth device in my ear and get on with the job.

Advertisement