Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Received a fine in the post for not paying toll, even though I paid the toll

• 15-06-2021 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I was driving to Dublin a couple of weeks ago and paid the Northbound toll.

The sign said 2.90 for cars (I'm 99% sure it didn't specify classification of car but I'm open to correction.

I put 3.00 exact into the basket and the gate opened.

I did the same thing on the return journey.

Now I get a letter in the post saying the toll charge is 3.10 for my classification of car even though a) no sign specified this and b) the gate opened after I put in 3.00, and I'm being charged a further 6.10, which will rise to 41.50, if I don't pay the fine in a couple of days.

Has anyone dealt with this nonsense before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds like M50 toll which is €3.10, you don't pay it at a toll booth, you pay either online or via toll tag. M1 toll is €1.90 and can be done at the toll booth.

As above, sounds like you used the M50 which has no booths

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sounds like M50 toll which is €3.10, you don't pay it at a toll booth, you pay either online or via toll tag. M1 toll is €1.90 and can be done at the toll booth.
    As above, sounds like you used the M50 which has no booths

if they put money into a basket then it couldn't have been the M50. perhaps the OP clarify what toll they used and what vehicle they drive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Thread closed, not sure which section quite fits but I would say Motors/Consumer Issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement