Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

razorblunt wrote: »
    Paddy Power.
    Absolutely mad to make himself into a celebrity.
    Remember that fad years ago of bookies putting themselves in ads? BetFred, Victor Chandler etc. it was cringy and they dropped it sharpish. Except for PP who seems to think he's hilarious and well loved.
    Your man is an actor. Paddy Power is just a brand name that David Power the founder came up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Who's that?

Has to be Donald "The Chump" Trump, the brain damaged t**t

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Paddy Diver.

I could probably explain it but I'd be banned.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Probably going to see Paul Mescals name all over the net again because of the Bafta. He comes across as an arrogant attention seeking ar*ehole.

If it wasn't for coronavirus/ lockdown..... 'normal people' & 'tigerking' would never have got a 'look In' .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Paddy Diver.

I could probably explain it but I'd be banned.

Well, you nuked your own career Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Con Houlihan

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The snivelling greasy little pissant in the RSA Seatbelt ad "What do you think will happen".

The ****ing head on him. I can't decide what is worse, the baby beard, the eyebrows, the lego hair, the greasy skin, or maybe its just the whole gurning package.

I think the real problem is his manner. He is asking his mate to put on a seatbelt and he honestly looks like he is about to cry, what sort of pissy little coward is this guy? Christ, grow a set of balls you little greasefart.

The last thing the world needed was a close up of that lads face.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The snivelling greasy little pissant in the RSA Seatbelt ad "What do you think will happen".

The ****ing head on him. I can't decide what is worse, the baby beard, the eyebrows, the lego hair, the greasy skin, or maybe its just the whole gurning package.

I think the real problem is his manner. He is asking his mate to put on a seatbelt and he honestly looks like he is about to cry, what sort of pissy little coward is this guy? Christ, grow a set of balls you little greasefart.

Good call there dude, you emptied the bag of bile big time.

Me, same thing, lad has one of the most kickable mushes known.

Good steel-toe into the bridge of the nose is what that kernt needs.

Sort out his fohherking problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭John arse

i think that's the idea lads-to get your attention?

John arse wrote: »
    i think that's the idea lads-to get your attention?

Big sweaty head on the kernt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Con Houlihan

Never really got why his writing was so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tidyboii

Jennifer Zamparelli or Noel Fielding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Tidyboii wrote: »
    Jennifer Zamparelli or Noel Fielding

You mean they aren't the same person!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

padd b1975 wrote: »

simple times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

You mean they aren't the same person!

The Mighty Boosh had its moments. Zamps is funny in her own head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Wrong thread, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

padd b1975 wrote: »

On Italia 90

'I missed Italia 90 I was in Italy'

On a colleague who had retired but kept coming back to the office

'forgotten but not gone'

On Punctuation

'a man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything'

On his favourite cocktail Brandy and milk

'The Brandy takes the schting out of the milk'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

simple times

Intellectual Yerra.

Con was grand, really. He wasn't the kind of guy who pushed himself front and center like a lot of sports 'pundits'.

Instead, he just wrote. You'd never see the level of, sort of, disdain that some supposed pundits have for sports nowadays.
    Which I 'sort of' understand... but then I think 'you're getting paid to do this, lighten up'.

That spindle legged kernt in goal for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Colby Minifie from Fear the walking dead and the boys. She's got a face that you can't take seriously, except maybe to seriously punch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Seeing as the inexplicable does not apply I have to say ufc fighter Israel Adesanya
    He is so cocky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

'I put out a call on twitter'...

... I stopped reading there. Tells me he rather exist in a bubble than speak to ordinary regular people.
    Folks on twitter are more worried about 'microaggressions' than they are actually fixing issues that affect everyone.

Did he offer a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

'I put out a call on twitter'...

... I stopped reading there. Tells me he rather exist in a bubble than speak to ordinary regular people.
    Folks on twitter are more worried about 'microaggressions' than they are actually fixing issues that affect everyone.

Did he offer a solution?

He suggests that the solution is one that will "prioritise the following; fair rent and security of tenure; a commitment to build public/social housing; protection for citizens against the abuses of vulture funds; prioritising of communities; bringing fairness to the market; banning land and property hoarding; or ending the special relationship between government and amoral developers."

Comments are turned off - naturally - when the Journal doesn't want the author criticised.

The Twitter feed is basically an echo chamber with occasional dissent. Soundbites like "rent is evil" are no help.

He suggests that the solution is one that will "prioritise the following; fair rent and security of tenure; a commitment to build public/social housing; protection for citizens against the abuses of vulture funds; prioritising of communities; bringing fairness to the market; banning land and property hoarding; or ending the special relationship between government and amoral developers."

Comments are turned off - naturally - when the Journal doesn't want the author criticised.

The Twitter feed is basically an echo chamber with occasional dissent. Soundbites like "rent is evil" are no help.

Magical thinking, it looks like. I was going to say wishful thinking, but he's not connected to reality with that mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Phil Collins

Damien Duff….. useless little twatt……for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Dave Fanning. Just have to hear his voice and radio is off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Steve Carrell in straight roles. His comedy stuff is grand but I always hate his characters in any drama stuff.

Advertisement