Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

nocoverart wrote: »
    I think it would hurt the ego of any Astrophysicist to find out there’s much more to learn beyond the textbooks they dedicated their life’s too.

I guess you don’t know any physicists so, they don’t dedicate their lives to textbooks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Rubbish. All physicists and astronomers worth the name accept that there is far more unknown than is known to humans. Stephen Hawking himself talked about a god beyond our limits of knowledge and the certainty of alien life, statisically, while also demonstrating the immense barriers to travel those for them as well as for us.

If aliens have managed to travel here by a method beyond our comprehension, they have surely earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

So when's the big announcement ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

fryup wrote: »

Looking like next Thursday or Friday 11th.

Reading between the lines it gonna say they can't prove that they are alien in origin, but neither can they prove that they aren't.

Some unknown aerial entity that needs further scientific analysis and investigation.

I would expect an interim report to set the scene, to say they don't know what it is, or what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

either something that come from the ocean depths or some sort of dimensional traversing drone's. i seen one actually i posted about here in after hours right after its in my post history i think it was 2010. Oddly enough it went out over the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Looking like next Thursday or Friday 11th.

Reading between the lines it gonna say they can't prove that they are alien in origin, but neither can they prove that they aren't.

Some unknown aerial entity that needs further scientific analysis and investigation.

I would expect an interim report to set the scene, to say they don't know what it is, or what they are.

An most importantly that these objects act in ways beyond what is known about current technology. They also rule out the more silly explanations such as weather balloons.
    The report concedes that much about the observed phenomena remains difficult to explain, including their acceleration, as well as ability to change direction and submerge. One possible explanation — that the phenomena could be weather balloons or other research balloons — does not hold up in all cases, the officials said, because of changes in wind speed at the times of some of the interactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

~ The New York Times ~

Why Are We Talking About U.F.O.s Right Now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/ufos-report.html

This caught my attention...

John Brennan, the former director of the C.I.A., said in a podcast last year that some of the unexplained sightings might be “some type of phenomenon that is the result of something that we don’t yet understand and that could involve some type of activity that some might say constitutes a different form of life.”

A newly discovered Earthbound form of life?
    A fantastic & totally amazing discovery (if true), and certainly more plausible than Aliens from planet Zog.

Racist swine!! I have mates from planet Zog..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭maccored

fryup wrote: »

deadline is june 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Steve012 wrote: »
    Racist swine!! I have mates from planet Zog..

Zig and Zag?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This will be like Covid.

Started off it was not airborne but then the truth came.

We start off by them not ruling it out and before you know it Giorgio Tsoukalos is no longer looking crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

RobertKK wrote: »
    before you know it Giorgio Tsoukalos is no longer looking crazy.

Yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Report from 1953, similar to the Tic Tac description. Those Russians and Chinese have been very kind to withhold this technology for 70+ years through famines, economic collapse and American dominance.
    https://twitter.com/itsredactedjake/status/1401008617374072832?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 35,561 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The report will claim no link to Aliens but that they don't know what it is.

I could have told you that, some report.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Very interesting how this question was not even laughed off
    https://twitter.com/disclosureteam_/status/1400906044705054728?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Very likely than not with trillions of planets there is other life forms out there.

Regarding the upcoming report, I wonder will there be any surprises in store, or have we been told the main 'gist" of what's in the UAP report to Congress?

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Very interesting how this question was not even laughed off
    https://twitter.com/disclosureteam_/status/1400906044705054728?s=20

Head down, won't make eye contact, sniffs, shifty movements.. all the hallmarks of lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Head down, won't make eye contact, sniffs, shifty movements.. all the hallmarks of lying.

People sometimes see what they want to see, i saw that he could hardly contain laughing at the end of the question.

Some might say he didn't say No, but thats hardly a surprise as they rarely answer anything with a yes or a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Not everything is so straightforward.....
    He may have farted!?

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect any other outcome from it than something along the line of "we've seen things we can't explain" and that'll be that.

Thanks for that, and I guess even the "we've seen things we can't explain" announcement should be dramatic enough for most people to take note (and to accept) that UAPs are a real and unexplained phenomon.

Has anyone being following the news on this? It's amazing how much of a paradigm shift has occurred.

Sam Harris, one of the most die hard sceptics in modern times has changed his mind on this phenomenon. He's stating that we should be very excited about the implications of the recent news about the UAP report. The fact that the US government is telling us that there's unknown aircraft in our atmosphere displaying characteristics that couldn't be made by the most advanced nations on earth is a very big deal.

He rightly says that the die hard sceptics need to apologise to people who were taking this seriously.

Thanks for that, and I guess even the "we've seen things we can't explain" announcement should be dramatic enough for most people to take note (and to accept) that UAPs are a real and unexplained phenomon.

The fact that they're even saying that is huge. This has now being confirmed as a real phenomenon and there's technology that is unknown to man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Has anyone being following the news on this? It's amazing how much of a paradigm shift has occurred.

Sam Harris, one of the most die hard sceptics in modern times has changed his mind on this phenomenon. He's stating that we should be very excited about the implications of the recent news about the UAP report. The fact that the US government is telling us that there's unknown aircraft in our atmosphere displaying characteristics that couldn't be made by the most advanced nations on earth is a very big deal.

He rightly says that the die hard sceptics need to apologise to people who were taking this seriously.

apologise for what, exactly? Apologise for not believing something without evidence? What are the implications of this new evidence? We are still at the "we don't know what they are" stage.

apologise for what, exactly? Apologise for not believing something without evidence? What are the implications of this new evidence? We are still at the "we don't know what they are" stage.

Well I am very much keen that we stick to we don't know what they are line. That's what I have been saying all along here. I have my beliefs about what these are but I have evidence to say what they're less likely to be (planes, balloons and birds).

The problem is that a lot of the more dogmatic sceptics have attacked people for even reporting these things. They have ridiculed pilots and stifled the debate whereby it was impossible to even talk about these things. Whereas you and I say "we don't know what these things are" dogmatic sceptics often say "we know this is a bird\balloon\airplane".

In science we use a teaching tool to explain how scepticism can hold back investigation called "Cuvier's rash dictum". Cuvier, a zoologist heard reports of the mountain gorilla, the Okapi and other megafauna yet to be discovered and replied with the famous quote:
    There is little hope of discovering new species of large quadrupeds

Cuvier's influence led to most later zoologists accepting his opinion, and refusing to consider the possibility of large undescribed animals, with obvious consequences for zoology. Cuvier even refused to acknowledge reports of unknown animals from trained observers, thereby slowing down knowledge acquisition in this area.

This has been observed in biochemistry, physics, chemistry and right now in genetics. Sceptics have made it very hard to get funding for certain studies due to the fact that they ridicule those who try to determine the nature of things we don't understand.

A sneak-peek at the UFO/UAP Report.

"The academics can continue to rubbish the alien visitation idea, and the UFO believers can continue to cry cover-up. Everyone will retreat to their neutral corners and hope for a kayo in the next round."

Tantalising.

https://www.seti.org/sneak-peek-ufouap-report

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

A sneak-peek at the UFO/UAP Report.

"The academics can continue to rubbish the alien visitation idea, and the UFO believers can continue to cry cover-up. Everyone will retreat to their neutral corners and hope for a kayo in the next round."

Tantalising.

https://www.seti.org/sneak-peek-ufouap-report

Do they not know that KO stands for knockout?

I guess it means that either the academics or the UFO (alien) believers will be proved wrong, in which case one side will be delt the KO blow!

Aliens Yes = KO blow to the academics.
    Aliens No = KO blow to the UFO brigade.

Next round please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

I guess it means that either the academics or the UFO (alien) believers will be proved wrong, in which case one side will be delt the KO blow!

Aliens Yes = KO blow to the academics.
    Aliens No = KO blow to the UFO brigade.

Next round please :)

Yeah, but I mean that the writer wrote kayo instead of KO. I'm wondering if they'd heard KO used but never connected it with the way it's used in boxing/fighting.

There have been worse blind spots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

I'm leaning towards electrical weather phenomenon....

The speed and vast area(s) covered by forked lightening when it arcs is amazing. We have seen the footage of ball lightening doing its thing. I suggest the UAP sightings are of the same nature, except we have no understanding of it yet.

The intermittent fuzzy images witnessed on the videos suggest to me, that there is serious fluctuating speed velocity involved, couple this with the erratic 'flight path' seen, it compares to an electrical weather anomaly to me??

Studying some of the footage, it would seem similar to a tumbling barrel falling from the sky at supersonic speed (crude description I know), you can certainly rule out any form of intelligently controlled craft(s).

Interesting topic, but it's an electrical weather anomaly for me all the way.

Advertisement