Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mondo from Dublin

Rumour going around that she owns an apartment in tallaght that she paid with cash in 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

blanch152 wrote:
    Which bit of the taxpayer is funding her lifestyle to the extent of 50k do you not understand? A normal working person earning 40k still has to pay rent out of their after-tax income.

Would you like to wind you neck in a little bit and reread my comment.
    The point about FF is most of the benefits she enjoys is result of FF pandering to a certain cohort in society and her HAP payment is FG policy. She's just grabbing what the system is designed to give her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭jay0109

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I have no gra for Cash but she's not trousing 50 k off the taxpayer. She is getting an absence amount tax free but 16 k is HAP not hers paid to the landlord when she was renting. The rest is made up her SW claim and qualified children allowance. Also that figure includes child allowance and BTS allowance huge numbers in the state qualify for both these payments. Stephen Kearon posted the figures relating to Cash, curious thing is he's a FF hack ( even ran for election, fair play but a dismal vote) and most of the benefits she enjoys were put in place by an FF government.

I can just about decipher that to say your speaking balderdash. Whether she sees that 16k (or more likely 24k when she does get her next gaff) or whether it goes straight to her landlord - it doesn't matter. It's money paid out of taxpayers funds to cover her needs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Rumour going around that she owns an apartment in tallaght that she paid with cash a few a few years ago.

Obviously could well be a rumour but going by their culture it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Only have to look at what they drive and the likes of housing in limerick as an example of it.

They have property in the UK usually also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I have no gra for Cash but she's not trousing 50 k off the taxpayer. She is getting an absence amount tax free but 16 k is HAP not hers paid to the landlord when she was renting. The rest is made up her SW claim and qualified children allowance. Also that figure includes child allowance and BTS allowance huge numbers in the state qualify for both these payments. Stephen Kearon posted the figures relating to Cash, curious thing is he's a FF hack ( even ran for election, fair play but a dismal vote) and most of the benefits she enjoys were put in place by an FF government.

Sorry i didnt know the money I paid to my landlord didnt count as money off my income?

Absolute nonsesne argument
    nonsesne is putting it lightly

Tax payer is paying her rent
    tax payer is paying her life
    and shes STILL being caught for multiple criminal offences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I'm going by the figures Stephen Kearon posted . He stated 16 k for HAP. She's not better off she doesn't have to spend as much on accommodation as someone who does not qualify for HAP.

Stephen Kearon,the FF shill?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Rumour going around that she owns an apartment in tallaght that she paid with cash in 2012

Except it's probably just a rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Yeah. Sure. Some of us are taking the piss out of a none-too-bright and unjustifiably indignant young crook for her inconsistency, inarticulacy and utter lack of irony. But at the end of the day, we'd still rather throw her a few bob than pack her off to a labour camp or worse.

But there is another option than either the status quo or Eugenicist policies.

We could maintain, or even improve, social supports for those willing to better themselves and contribute while restricting those for lifelong dole spongers and people blatently gaming the system.

In parallel to that we could enact appropriate criminal sanctions to discourage repeat criminal offenders from racking up convictions with impunity, and getting the Probation Act on your 39th conviction is the definition of impunity.

In this way we could stop incentivising such behaviour, to the benefit of all. Our current set up of throwing taxpayers' money at the problem only encourages criminality, dole sponging, poor parenting and educational underachievement, and it is not sustainable in the long term.

bennyl10 wrote:
    Absolute nonsesne argument nonsesne is putting it lightly

It's not an argument it's explaining the figures. Simply fact is she is not getting 50 k, 36 k possibly which is still a ridiculous amount for doing nothing but it's not 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Uncharted wrote: »
    That doesnt mean the figures are wrong though does it?
    I dont think her or her supporters have said they are?
    Just that she is being ROBBED!!! :rolleyes: she hasnt really managed to point out how so....in fact the figures point to the opposite.

• Advertisement

Uncharted wrote:

The very one .

Effects wrote: »

But do we have any journalists in this country who will investigate?:rolleyes:

gmisk wrote:
    That doesnt mean the figures are wrong though does it? I dont think her or her supporters have said they are? Just that she is being ROBBED!!!

I didn't say they were wrong, I just broke down how he arrived at them. Although I find it amusing a loyal party supporter like Stephen failed to recognise that she benefits from alot of the supports his friends in FF introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

The very one .

Hmmmm.
    I'll keep my powder dry on that lad and his opinions.....

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Really really hope this woman and her antics will spur the authorities in this country to enforce the law.

Is there any other country in Europe where this carry on goes on, apart from the Roma, they are a total scourge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

It's not an argument it's explaining the figures. Simply fact is she is not getting 50 k, 36 k possibly which is still a ridiculous amount for doing nothing but it's not 50k.

You’re engaging in semantics.

She (allegedly) the benefit of 50k.

If I earn 36k and my employer pays my vhi directly, it is still a benefit to me so my actual “earnings/entitlement/whatever you call it” is over 36k

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Uncharted wrote: »
    Hmmmm.
    I'll keep my powder dry on that lad and his opinions.....

:(

Except a table of verifiable figures is not an opinion though, is it?

I mean all sorts of opinions could be drawn from it yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How do travellers buy land houses and new cars and vans when 92% of them are unemployed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

One Facebook group I'm in wants to start a go fund me for this wan. Seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How do travellers buy land houses and new cars and vans when 92% of them are unemployed?

Cash is king

• Advertisement

Uncharted wrote:
    Hmmmm. I'll keep my powder dry on that lad and his opinions.....

He used to comment regularly on the Journal.ie until someone that knew him well ,called him out on a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I have no gra for Cash but she's not trousing 50 k off the taxpayer. She is getting an absence amount tax free but 16 k is HAP not hers paid to the landlord when she was renting.

Are you for real?

OK then, she's getting the utility in economic terms of 16k worth of rent per year that a working person would have to find out of their own pay packet. Saying that her landlord gets it all and she gets nothing so it doesn't count is a bit like saying that whatever cash she spends on food, clothes, booze and fags isn't hers, it's the supermarket's.

She gets the benefit in terms of utility. They get the compensation in terms of cash. (small c)

This is basic economics. Shouldn't be too hard to understand.

Are you for real?

Very real, the HAP does not go to her. Plus if she is in emergency accommodation she pays no rent at all not even a top up that the HAP requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Cash is king

Ah right so they save up their dole and buy half a million pound houses 50k cars and 30k vans

Do travellers ever have to register with Fas and bring proof that they are looking for work to their local dole office ?

tretorn wrote: »
    Is there any other country in Europe where this carry on goes on, apart from the Roma, they are a total scourge too.

Where about in Europe is this country, 'the Roma'?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Samsgirl wrote: »
    ###Samsgirl has left the group###

Samsgirl wrote: »

Why are you in a group like that?

Very real, the HAP does not go to her.

The rent I pay my landlord doesn't go to me, it goes to my AIB account and then to my landlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What drugs are you on thinking a pair of Nike's cost that much?
    Most expensive I've seen on people similar to Margaret is €165.

lmted dition boss :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108121214

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement