Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Well ok.....if you insist

I think you should post it sure, what the heck, we all love a good kitten video so we do

This video has cheered me up so much! Thanks for a great TH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I can't comment and certainly not laugh, as Mrs. S is bound to pull for push and push for pull.

I encountered a door that clearly said push on it but it was a pull door, didn't stop me feeling like an eejit in front of a group of people who were standing around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I encountered a door that clearly said push on it but it was a pull door, didn't stop me feeling like an eejit in front of a group of people who were standing around it!

I know one of those too;in the building supply shop next to Mr Price in Ballina and not an automatic door in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The posters on Boards can be so lovely. There are always people who are willing to give advice or a kind word to complete strangers. It's just so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Finally bought a pair of shoes that I've been lusting over for months :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Baby in bed, dog gone for walk and finally get to properly play with the kitty cat with undivided attention for the first time in ages :) she's class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bought myself a lovely summer top in Zara earlier. Can only be a good sign as with my low mood the last few months I haven't even felt like buying things for myself. It's very cute and it was a good price too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Every ligament in my body has been so sore all day, from my fingers to my feet, knees and lower back... but today in Dealz, I found the old fashioned Radox muscle bath salts, I'm going to soak myself better. First T:D
    Also in Dealz, the lovely little bikkies you get in hotels with the coffee, Lotus Biscoff, yum ! Second T:D
    Bang bang !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Lotus Biscoff, yum ! Second T Bang bang !

Those Lotus biscuits are the sheeeit.

Just applied some tiger balm on my calf after a small few runs the last few days twas a bit sore. That stuff is miracle balm. Feels great now and I love the smell too :)

• Advertisement

Went off to Imaginosity in Sandyford for the first time today with the 1-year-old gasúr. The kids act out various jobs and tasks - e.g. news readers, actors, shoppers, builders, doctors etc. It's actually a really great idea for a business - and they were cliste enough to have technology companies like IBM sponsoring various technical things.

Himself, God bless him, was having none of that shíte, however. He's on steroids - I kid you not - for the past few days to fight an infection so he's going around like a wild, giddy horse all the time (the nights have been special in a "In the name of Jesus, will you ever téigh a chodladh!" way). Anyway, he went over to this construction wall where serious, intent kids - all around 3 or 4 years old - were putting brick after brick on top of each other to build the wall up (they were wearing hats and those yellow safety cloaks and all. hehe). He toddled over, picked up a brick, toddled off with it and started building his own wall (!) from scratch about 10 metres away in the middle of the aisle. Feck "team building"; Ireland needs go-getter property developers who aren't afraid of leaving the crowd and who will build anything anywhere!

It got better (at least in terms of his auld fella's entertainment!).

He went into the little supermarket with all the plastic food/fruit/vegetables with shopping aisles and tills. He picked carrots and whatever else up and started chewing them, and waddled off to another section taking those individual pieces of food that the older kids were "shopping" for with their trolleys. Needless to say he was oblivious to any potential rules. He then got bored across the way in the medical section - I don't think he's going to be a cardiac surgeon any day soon - and waddled back to the supermarket. There was this studious and reflective-looking older girl @ 4 examining the merits of buying particular products. He saw her, or rather the full trolley of things she had diligently assembled. He toddled over to it and waddled off very quickly with it - admittedly much of his agility was because I was chasing after him to get the poor girl her trolley back. He was in stitches waddling as fast as he could, until he got a massive bang and landed on his arse - he had hit the display Audi car, which was real, with the trolley (these are real metal shopping trolleys, but baby sized). A bit shocked, he looked up at me and spluttered out a cute pudgy laugh while sitting on his arse at the bumper of the Audi, got up, turned around and waddled off somewhere else. That Schwarzenegger film in the 80s where he just kept going no matter what happened him came to mind. hehe.

PS: Tired, knackered parents everywhere!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Went off to Imaginosity in Sandyford for the first time today with the 1-year-old gasúr.

Fond memories of going to that place in primary school come to my mind reading this post.

A day ahead. Space and time. sheer luxury. Cats asleep on the bed, dog asleep in the kitchen ... all well with my family overseas ..space and time

Of course the day may go sideways, but just now, peace and space .

About to join my feline and canine family in sleep ...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

I was in a petrol station yesterday and there was an older woman being served by a young guy behind the counter. She was buying logs and the young guy offered to carry the logs to her car. The woman was adamant that she was ok to carry them saying that at 81 years old she was like a donkey. The young guy insisted in helping her but she refused and off she went.
    Next up was another young gentleman who said to the guy behind the counter, 'I'll go help her' and the guy asked 'do you mind?' Obviously concerned about the queue forming.
    I was next and the guy behind the counter was so distracted, constantly looking out the window to see if the woman was ok and I just couldn't help but smile at his concern. As I left, I could see the other guy loading her car with logs.

I love seeing things like that restores my faith in humanity!

I met a beautiful Newfoundland with her owner in the park at the weekend. We had a great chat. She, I and the owner. She weighs the same as me - 54kg!! :eek:

northgirl wrote: »
    I met a beautiful Newfoundland with her owner in the park at the weekend. We had a great chat. She, I and the owner. She weighs the same as me - 54kg!! :eek:

A little less than me but not much ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »

I love newfoundlands! the friendly giants.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just like Great Danes. :)

I love newfoundlands! the friendly giants.

MY wee dog is very cocky and rumbustious. Comes of the mix; bassett and Jack Russell. Challenges everyone loudly. Excellent watch dog,,

Years ago when I was having my 2 dogs spayed, a kind lady came to collect them. Wee dog was as always noisy and cocky.

Then the lady let her dog out of the van.. A huge black Newfie.. My wee girl kind of gulped, and her gaze and head went from the great black feet up to that enormous head,and she visibly deflated . So expressive dogs' faces...I had never been so close to a Newfie before and I knew how she felt, but totally gentle She just looked at wee dog..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I put all the easter eggs we had left in a box, I photo'ed them and sent them to the youngsters asking if they wanted any before they go to charity tom?

Everyone responded in a reasonable time(strange in itself) to say NO,
    I guess they are too grown up for them now, not so much a th as a tha!

*When did my houseful of kids get too old for Easter eggs?and while I wasn't looking either.
    * On a more + note tho, not buying for them means I can finally buy myself that AFTER EIGHT/DAIRY MILK egg I've been lusting after for years.:):):)

• Advertisement

HAPPY but exhausted.. Had to order some stuff for family online and I need a HUGE HUG>. online shopping drains me.. getting too old.. BUT I DID IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

About to phone for a delivery of coal when he drives in. "Just heading up the road, do you need any?".
    Great timing.
    480kg of coal and 160kg of slack all stocked up and ready to burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Graces7 wrote: »
    HAPPY but exhausted.. Had to order some stuff for family online and I need a HUGE HUG>. online shopping drains me.. getting too old.. BUT I DID IT!

Good woman Grace.Have a creme egg to reward yourself.

My friend has a Newfie,a gentle giant (and I'm nervous around dogs) but every time I drive into the yard he plods over and puts his fronts paws on the car ,I know he's being friendly but I'm kind of obsessed with my car and the thought of him scratching the paint makes me so anxious....lovely lovely dog though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My neighbour had a newfie years ago, and a little jrt female adopted us as her new family. The poor dopey Newfie used to wander down to us most days. The other two boy dogs didn’t mind at all, but the little female would be so aggressive, the size of her squaring up to the Newfie and him just standing there big as a horse but not a word out of him :D

Colser wrote: »
    Good woman Grace.Have a creme egg to reward yourself.

My friend has a Newfie,a gentle giant (and I'm nervous around dogs) but every time I drive into the yard he plods over and puts his fronts paws on the car ,I know he's being friendly but I'm kind of obsessed with my car and the thought of him scratching the paint makes me so anxious....lovely lovely dog though.

lol! Eating CAKE actually but the creme eggs are there...

OUCH re the car..

It got complicated as if I went over the weight limit, they said UPS and a huge shipping fee... Also UPS would never find me on the island; has to be An Post. Lost too many parcels by using couriers

One in far less remote area got lost and dumped 2 boxes of wool in a field full of cows.. Luckily the farmer found them and knew me
    THEN I realised that An Post there is free so I reduced the shipment and can reorder soon ..free shipping.. genius at work somewhere..

My neighbour had a newfie years ago, and a little jrt female adopted us as her new family. The poor dopey Newfie used to wander down to us most days. The other two boy dogs didn’t mind at all, but the little female would be so aggressive, the size of her squaring up to the Newfie and him just standing there big as a horse but not a word out of him :D

Exactly the same..never saw my wee dog so subdued before or since

You do know that Newfies are really.... bears.... ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This, basically.

464847.jpg

Perfect ,New Home.. my wee girl is a medium size so has an ID crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I saw a Newfie on an episode of Supervet the other week, and oh my lord what a gorgeous dog. I've yet to have any real world experiences with them though :(

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I saw a Newfie on an episode of Supervet the other week, and oh my lord what a gorgeous dog. I've yet to have any real world experiences with them though :(

Imagine how much they must eat... and the er... consequences!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement