Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

TG1 wrote: »
    It's pretty much the same as a primer paint except it goes on your face under the layer of foundation... To cover over any cracks, holes etc. :pac:

Is that a new name for Polyfilla:D

This new trend of having prints in your house with innocuous words or statements written on them in fancy writing like “breathe” (thanks for the reminder ?? ) “just go (go where ??) “live and love” (as oppose to die and hate ??) Fcuk off! Does nobody hang nice pictures anymore?

"Love lives here"

Vomit.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Getting so old.....only figuring out the 'new' names around here!

What’s with people changing their username- they should Try_harder to get along with people!!!

My TA is my tension headache- love my mam but she is hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

No matter how nice I think I look before I get a photo taken, when I get the actual photo done, I always look awful! Stuck with it for 10 years then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    No matter how nice I think I look before I get a photo taken, when I get the actual photo done, I always look awful! Stuck with it for 10 years then :rolleyes:

I had to get my passport renewed a few years ago while living in the US. Went in to the Irish Consulate with everything I needed, and the notorious cow who worked there took a look at my photos, gave me a disgusted look and said, WELL AREN'T THEY JUST AWFUL! She wasn't joking, so I offered to go and get more photo's taken even though they met all specifications. She then refused to give me my application back, muttering that they'll have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

"Love lives here"

Vomit.

:D

When I moved into my first place with my missus her friend gave us this picture frame with the words "home is where the hatred is" printed off on a piece of pink paper. Whenever we move it comes with us :p

I had to get my passport renewed a few years ago while living in the US. Went in to the Irish Consulate with everything I needed, and the notorious cow who worked there took a look at my photos, gave me a disgusted look and said, WELL AREN'T THEY JUST AWFUL! She wasn't joking, so I offered to go and get more photo's taken even though they met all specifications. She then refused to give me my application back, muttering that they'll have to do.

Jesus Christ, that’s a horrible thing to say :eek: even if you did think someone’s photos were horrible, why would you say it to them like?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I went for a run after work. Was just finished & two scrotes walk past & stop me looking for a light.

I am still in running gear. Why the fook would I have one on me..

Numpties..

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Reading an interesting thread and wanting to skim through to see the OPs replies but they have no avatar to distinguish them from other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Me checks time: Ah no my watch is gone mad..second later I notice watch is on upside down :o

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very kind Seph :p

Well I'm a nice guy like that :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Jesus Christ, that’s a horrible thing to say :eek: even if you did think someone’s photos were horrible, why would you say it to them like?

You have no idea how much of a wagon this woman was, famously so among the Irish who had to deal with her. Thankfully now retired I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I went for a run after work. Was just finished & two scrotes walk past & stop me looking for a light.

I am still in running gear. Why the fook would I have one on me..

Numpties..

You may have looked like you were "arson" around like they were...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

selous wrote: »

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

selous wrote: »

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ah go on You laughed.....a trivial one maybe, but a laugh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Lost the rubber pen for my iPad mini.:mad:

So if you find my name in the visitors list of your profile...t‘wasnt me. T‘was my dumb finger. :D

The passport photo I got taken in the chemist didn’t meet the criteria, then tried to get my mam to take one here and none of those will work either :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

mikemac2 wrote: »
    This morning I was getting emailed over what time I left yesterday. What does it matter?? I get the work done, sometimes I’m early and sometimes I eat lunch at my desk and get no credit for that. Was a slave over year end

Getting emails did I clock out 15 minutes early :rolleyes: I’m not 16 years old

Oh I worked with someone like that. Aaaaargh! To say she had zero people management skills would be putting it very mildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had to unblock the kitchen sink. The whole works, undo the u bend and the pipes, dirty smelly job. I have small hands, so not really cut out for that kind of work, I had cramps in my fingers by the time I was finished. The joys of being an ould spinster!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Curious Scot

When someone asks a question or has a query about something on Facebook and lots of people comment with the answer even though the question/query has already been answered correctly in the first few comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Curious Scot

Trying to open a new roll of toilet paper which seems to be sealed with superglue and end up ripping several layers off it.

When someone asks a question or has a query about something on Facebook and lots of people comment with the answer even though the question/query has already been answered correctly in the first few comments.

When people ask questions on Facebook that they could just have easily googled

Get personal experiences from people they know

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Kitty6277 wrote:

I had to leave GirlCrew after about a day because of that. I've never seen anything like it.

Bad sleep. Noisy train. Rage rising.

Getting tea off the trolley and some old bunt comes up, interruptes the attendant and demands fresh hot water. He then stops serving me and tends to her. Not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Had an appointment in the wound clinic for 8am to get my stitches out. Arrived at ten to and it's one of those stupid take-a-number systems and I'm 16. What in God's name is the point of giving you an appointment???

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

People being interviewed on TV/radio who end every sentence with "Yeh know" or "Like" or worse "Like yeh know".
    Worst offender was Sonia O'Sullivan.
    Politicians who start every sentence with "Eh", or if stuck for words "Ehhhhh".
    And that now increasingly common and irritating phrase 'From the get-go'. Why not say "From the start" or "In the beginning?" Ah, the good old days.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Irish people in general on TV. Cringe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement