Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Fuels

• 26-08-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Diesel is currently at 129.9 while unleaded is 123.9.

This is the cheapest it's been for a helluva long time shoppers!
    Opens at 7.30 weekdays til 8pm.
    Open weekends too.

In case you don't know where it is it's the next left after Connaght Gold at Deepwater Quay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Thanks! Do they do home heating oil as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

i paid €1.31 down there last friday, put 50 into the car and only got 3/4 full tank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

gino85 wrote: »
    i paid €1.31 down there last friday, put 50 into the car and only got 3/4 full tank

So it's a good sign that it's down since then.

It has been consistently the cheapest in Sligo for months now.

Mrs.T wrote: »

Hmm. I think so...
    There are two numbers against them in the Yellow Pages:

I think they're called McPartland or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Yes. They may be under McPartland in the Phone Book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

This is the only place in Sligo that I buy petrol and it will be the only place until this cartel is abolished and other petrol stations lower their prices...have they not heard of competition.

This problem is not just in Sligo!

Ever seen the prices in Campus in Claregalway?

Or Tuam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

To be honest I have never noticed the prices down there.

Although I have noticed the prices in Claremorris/Ballindine area.With their being a Tesco petrol station in Claremorris,fellow petrol stations have followed in lowering prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Another good thing if Tesco get the go ahead for Carrowroe they would probably have tesco petrol would help drive down prices no end. Its handy too you get points on your clubcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Tesco petrol FTW. They usually have offere where, if you spend €50 in store you get a few pence of every litre you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Yes, just had a delivery of Kerosene. It cost 83 cents per litre, including VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any updates in prices here folks. I placed an order earlier today for kerosene - €740 for 1000 litres

Haven't a clue muffler but here is the number for Sligo Fuels.
    They are the cheapest for Unleaded and Diesel so maybe they're cheap when it comes to oil?

Cheers Gillie. I doubt if they would deliver up to Stranorlar in any event but I have my order booked for delivery tomorrow anyhow.

I was just interested to see how prices here compare to Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

74cent a litre for home heating oil is not too bad at all compared to a few months back.

He's a Donegal Man muffler so you can trust him!

Gillie wrote: »
    He's a Donegal Man muffler so you can trust him!
    Ah yes. Our trustworthy reputations are known near and far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

muffler wrote: »
    Any updates in prices here folks. I placed an order earlier today for kerosene - €740 for 1000 litres

I was down there today getting some petrol (119.9 btw). Their home heating oil is €755 for 1000 litres. Two weeks ago it was €800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Which is the cheapest place around Sligo to provide home heating oil?

Also do any of them provide a few weeks credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

at statoil its 73 cents at the moment

• Advertisement

Just got petrol out in Daveys in Calry for 1.17, might be worth filling up this evening in case it jumps overnight.

bennyc wrote: »
    Just got petrol out in Daveys in Calry for 1.17, might be worth filling up this evening in case it jumps overnight.

It's going up at midnight folks! By 8c for Petrol!

Sligo Fuels is 115.9 IIRC!

Gillie wrote: »
    It's going up at midnight folks! By 8c for Petrol!

Sligo Fuels is 115.9 IIRC!

Jesus Gillie did you see the front page of the Post this morning a few people must have read your post above :)

There is a picture of a tail back going into Sligo Fuels as far back as the eye can see taken after the budget yesterday.

bennyc wrote: »
    Jesus Gillie did you see the front page of the Post this morning a few people must have read your post above :)

There is a picture of a tail back going into Sligo Fuels as far back as the eye can see taken after the budget yesterday.

No didn't see it! Good to see ppl voting with their feet as it were! I'd say there was plenty of ciggy's bought yesterday too.

Heading through Ballymote last nite on way to Gurteen and Unleaded was 121/122 and this morning its 129.9 - more than Diesel!

It's been a long time since Petrol was more expensive than Diesel! Glad I have a Diesel now!

Im thinking about changing shortly and now Im not sure what to look for - a diesel or petrol jeep.

in the process too i kinda had my mind made up for a Diesel before yesterday but that seals the deal. With the price of petrol and the low cost of import duty on Diesel its going to send a lot more people over the water or across the border for machines. If I were you Muffler I would be going Diesel and I would say there are a lot of bargains to be got at the moment especially if its a commercial you are after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

i know this is an old Thread and i hope this doesnt get me an infraction.:p

Just down at Sligo Fuels today and see they have started doing Coal.They look to be doing it in a big way,i seen an artci curtainsider being unloaded.I wonder will they be the cheapest for coal aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I wonder will they be the cheapest for coal aswel.
    Don't know about that!

They were charging €16.50 for a 40KG bag of Polish Doubles last Saturday week when I was down filling my car. I then went to their next door neighbours Connacht Gold and got the same 40KG bag of Polish Doubles for €12.

• basquille wrote: »
    Don't know about that!

They were charging €16.50 for a 40KG bag of Polish Doubles last Saturday week when I was down filling my car. I then went to their next door neighbours Connacht Gold and got the same 40KG bag of Polish Doubles for €12.

€13.50 in that petfood place beside Daveys old Toyota garage and the same in Supervalu in Ballisodare!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

basquille wrote: »
    Don't know about that!

that is a huge difference.He is probably thinking that while people are filling up with their Diesel/Petrol they will buy coal while there at it and that he will have €4.50 more mark up than Connacht Gold,bad idea.I was in Enniskillen last week and their selling 12.5kg Bags of coal in Blacklion for €6.00 a bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement