Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Treppen wrote: »
    Ya I remember contacting Xbox about this as I downloaded a gamepass game on my pc but achievements didn't pop. They showed me how to check with the Xbox game app on my laptop. Downloaded a few games and it said that achievements werent supported.

People seem to get them to pop on pc in other regions though!

I managed to get most of them with the Game Pass mobile app and an old controller in the end thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Do these points expire at all or can I just keep collecting them for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Derek.. wrote: »
    Do these points expire at all or can I just keep collecting them for a while?

No but there's a limit to what you can get in a year... 500,000 :pac:

but some did work on PC so I am confused

Ok , go onto true achievements site and it'll tell you what ones give achievements for laptop, pc.
    You have to download from MS store with Xbox outlook account though.
    It's very handy signing up to true achievements, they track your Achievements and tell you which ones are easiest to get sometimes with walkthroughs.
    My laptop is trash but yesterday I was able to download New Lucky's Tale and got an achievement for watching the prologue!

Thanks, I hope the 500k limit won't stop me given how generous they are to us Irish Rewards Points hunters lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Do we know of any purchase restrictions? E.g. it's just shy of 30k points for a £25 xb/ms gift voucher. Can you redeem multiple? That's my plan/hope.

theteal wrote: »
    Do we know of any purchase restrictions? E.g. it's just shy of 30k points for a £25 xb/ms gift voucher. Can you redeem multiple? That's my plan/hope.

Yes redeem as many as you like.

Update: So after a little under 4 months I'm on 28,400 ,

This is about 6,600 points off a 3 month Ultimate card.

Or I might just string it out till next year and get a discount off a new Xbox .
    I have a few one4all and tesco vouchers I can convert to Microsoft Gift Cards so that'll help, along with a trade in of my One S.

Here's a really easy easy way for your daily AMEM/weekly rewards Achievements:
    Xenon Crisis .This is an old 2 Player Stick Game under 1GB so it can just about Stream on my Cloud Gaming or Phone.
    It also has a 'way into the debug menu' for "improving health etc" , just have a look on youtube for "Xenon Crisis Xbox DEbug "

For my Daily Achievements I've finished off Minit
    Great game actually. Again... under 1GB so quick to load (don't know if it's on cloud , but I definitely know that downloading onto PC wont support achievements)

Also this is very quick for achievements. The Garden Between

There's hidden ones you wont normally find, I'm trying to figure them out myself as I kind of Spoiled Turing Test by using a walkthrough to solve the puzzles for a lot of levels.

Yeah I've discovered Maka on Youtube in the last week or so and maxed out the 10,000 points in a few days -console cheats ftw.

My plan is to get enough points for maybe 3 * £25 xb/ms gift cards by March. Combine that with a stack of topcashback and Natwest cashback which can all be redeemed as ms/xb gift cards which will leave me having to part with very little cash for the XSX purchase direct from MS and then I can keep my XOX for the back room rather than trade it.

Treppen, I know you have another thread and just to add to it about how Irish gamers are being a bit screwed by the rewards system. Check the attachment, I've done ~23,000 in 24 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

what page do you see that streak count on? :)

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    what page do you see that streak count on? :)

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/

Weird, I only see the first and third things, not the streak! :)

I'm UK based. Maybe that's the difference.

Yes forgot to mention Ireland ALSO isn't allowed daily streak on top of everything else.

Crikey teal 24,000 points in one month! That would take me 3 months of doing absolutely every single quest.

I'm UK based. Maybe that's the difference.

Id say if you ever got an amazing job offer to move to Ireland you'd turn it down because of the reward points. It's depressing really

Yes forgot to mention Ireland ALSO isn't allowed daily streak on top of everything else.

Crikey teal 24,000 points in one month! That would take me 3 months of doing absolutely every single quest.

I'd assume this past month will be an exception with the Hall of Fame craic going on, that 10,000 points was a nice carrot to get me "playing" some games - I didn't know cheats were still a thing, the last cheat I was aware of was /\, \/, < , >, A and Start.

I'd assume this past month will be an exception with the Hall of Fame craic going on, that 10,000 points was a nice carrot to get me "playing" some games - I didn't know cheats were still a thing, the last cheat I was aware of was /\, \/, < , >, A and Start.

Ha! was that for sonic ?

So I got 100 points for registering with fanfest.
    They sent a link to redeem the points

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/redeemcode?code=XBOXFANFEST100

Might work for anyone who didn't register.

Thanks for that, got the 100 points

I shouldn't complain given that my location gives me the opportunity to actually accumulate them but I note that they have cut the daily Bing mobile search reward points by 50%, from 120 down to 60 :(

• Advertisement

Is anyone else having issues with the Watch Dogs Legion punch card not activating?

Is anyone else having issues with the Watch Dogs Legion punch card not activating?

Seems to be a few reports of difficulties on r/microsoftrewards . Contact support, they're usually good. I find if I wait till after 7pm to punch things in there's no issues!

What's everyone's points so far?

I'm 31,,000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What's everyone's points so far?

I'm 31,,000

A whopping 96.

A whopping 96.

Like 96000?

How are the rewards points for redeeming a code versus buying games and stuff with cash?

Derek.. wrote: »
    How are the rewards points for redeeming a code versus buying games and stuff with cash?

Depends really, if you go to the rewards page you'll see what you can get for your points.

I think it's €25 for 28,000 points which is about 3 months solid work doing quests + daily achievement etc. If you buy it stuff online from Microsoft (with your Xbox / outlook account) you get 20 points for every €1 spent.
    BTW their movie rentals are fairly good with new releases so if you're going to the cinema or regularly rent stuff then it's worthwhile switching to Xbox if you're collecting points. 2,500 for 3 movies .

TBH yould want to be doing it for fun and getting to try out new games on gamepass.
    Other countries you can do the dog on points and really cash in but those quests aren't available to Ireland.

Not too sure if I'll use it towards a new Xbox or gamepass. The way things are going you'll be able to play Microsoft games with just a dongle or on any tablet as they have to compete with Stadia and get people subscribed to gamepass like the Netflix model. I'm not pushed with 4k ultra HD 120 whatchamacallit . If I can keep the old one X on the road then I'll stay with that... Although if a GameStop trade-in came along I'd be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Like 96000?

No, just 96. Although up to 121 now.

I've logged a ticket with support, so hopefully i can get those 250 point for Legion :)

Right now I've 14,147 points.

Treppen, you seem to have experience with the movies punch card. You need 3 movies to complete it, but each movie says it must be more than €4 to qualify! Do the €3.99 rentals count towards a movie?

• Advertisement

I've logged a ticket with support, so hopefully i can get those 250 point for Legion :)

Right now I've 14,147 points.

Treppen, you seem to have experience with the movies punch card. You need 3 movies to complete it, but each movie says it must be more than €4 to qualify! Do the €3.99 rentals count towards a movie?

Ha no they'll screw you there. There's usually hd version for over €4 . I only did the punch card for 2,500 once when there was nuthin left to watch on Netflix during lockdown 1.

But do yer maths and shop around you might easily get the same movies by subscribing/renting from Google, Amazon Prime or Now TV.

Advertisement