Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Messrs. Baird Abbey St Dublin

• 17-01-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi,

does anyone know anything about Messrs Baird Abbey St Dublin?

all i know is tha they were a major plumbing contractor [and maybe more] who had contracts as far as Waterford City,Kilkenny and perhaps Cork.

This was around the turn of the 20th cent.My grandfather and his brother served their time there before becoming major contractors in their own right in ennis and waterford

any suggestions of how i could find more information about them?what i have here is from the obit column for my grandfather

thanks for reading this

lenc

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

William Baird, 27 Lower Abbey street was a plumbing contractor though I have no idea if he's your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lenc

that sounds like what i am looking for thanks!and now i have an address to check up and a name.

thanks again!

Advertisement