Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lenovo Smart Clock & Google Home Mini v2 for £49.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's only certain colour combinations that aren't available for delivery. I just ordered a black Smart Click with Charcoal Nest mini combo for free delivery

Thanks for the find OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Coming up as out of stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Thanks guys, I was being dumb and didn't realise there were other colours, ordered the black one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Never thought to check for different colours. I'm buying another set, got mine yesterday and they're excellent. Great sound off the Nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

nc6000 wrote: »
    Never thought to check for different colours. I'm buying another set, got mine yesterday and they're excellent. Great sound off the Nest.

Agreed, the sound quality on the nest is really v.good.
    Kind of annoyed that that the power input isn't USB tho.
    Means tying up a socket, when I have 1's with USB power lying idle.

Must keep an eye out for a battery base too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

I am having an awful problem setting these up with the Home app. I am sure its something simple and I will soldier on..............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

wait4me wrote: »
    I am having an awful problem setting these up with the Home app. I am sure its something simple and I will soldier on..............

What problem are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

Sorted. Tried to install using OnePlus6T phone and Home. Would not work. So we tried via a OnePlus 7T. Worked on a different Home account. So I resorted to installing it via my Tablet and they work. But a hair pulling few re-sets etc. Thanks for asking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

I picked up one of these last week.

Anyone know how to stop the clock display from showing 'can't connect to wifi' message instead of the time when wifi isn't available?

I'm also having an issue when I swipe to the weather display it shows the temperature in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

You can ask the clock how to change the temperature units. I tried this and it sent a link to my phone which I used to change it via the Home app.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Lenovo/Displaying-Celsius-in-Ambient-Mode/td-p/4370987

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Stewball wrote: »

Anyone know how to stop the clock display from showing 'can't connect to wifi' message instead of the time when wifi isn't available?

I'm also having an issue when I swipe to the weather display it shows the temperature in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.

You've positioned a smart clock in an area with no WiFi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

stop plugging out your router?

has anyone been able to get the spotify code to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

Anyone having a issue with this and WiFi. I keep getting not connected to WiFi even though I have strong signal on router . Set up a repeater access point about 10 feet away and still getting same issue it will connect for a while but getting random drops. And getting alerted at all hours of the morning disconnected from WiFi

Brego888 wrote: »
    You've positioned a smart clock in an area with no WiFi?

Yeah :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Not sure about the wifi issues but I love the clock. The auto brightness is amazing, it goes so low at night that it doesn't disturb me at all. And really bright in the day. Love that I can just tell it to set an alarm and cancel it, snooze etc. Great piece of kit.

Check the ttl setting in your router. It sounds likt it's too low.

Databass wrote: »
    stop plugging out your router?

I don't think I was very clear in my original post.

I actually want to disconnect the clock from my wifi at times and I want the clock to do what a normal clock does and show the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is this deal expired?

I don't think I was very clear in my original post.

I actually want to disconnect the clock from my wifi at times and I want the clock to do what a normal clock does and show the time!

Probably best to just get a standard alarm clock. A lot of smart devices simply don't function when not connected to a network.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Is this deal expired?

Seems so.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

quarryman wrote: »
    Not sure about the wifi issues but I love the clock. The auto brightness is amazing, it goes so low at night that it doesn't disturb me at all. And really bright in the day. Love that I can just tell it to set an alarm and cancel it, snooze etc. Great piece of kit.

How does this work, I have to manually adjust at bed time and again in the morning.

Thanks W

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Having a bit of a problem with my Lenovo Smart Clock at the moment.

The alarm on the clock will go off as it is set but it doesn't turn on my good morning routine (which should turn on the bedroom lights, tell me the weather then play the news). This was working fine til about a week ago.

I've tried turning it on and off again, removing the device from my google home app and then reinstalling it and even a factory reset but the problem seems to be persisting. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stainlesssteel

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Having a bit of a problem with my Lenovo Smart Clock at the moment.

The alarm on the clock will go off as it is set but it doesn't turn on my good morning routine (which should turn on the bedroom lights, tell me the weather then play the news). This was working fine til about a week ago.

I've tried turning it on and off again, removing the device from my google home app and then reinstalling it and even a factory reset but the problem seems to be persisting. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Also began having issues last week - when the snooze command is used on a daily alarm, it begins to reply with the snooze confirmation, encounters an error and then turns off the alarm entirely. Also attempted to factory reset but continue to have the same problem. No obvious solution at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

This clock is back on reduced price in Curry UK. Now on sale at £39.99, but on it's own without the Google Home Mini.
    Last week the price in the UK was £79.99.
    For comparison, the price today in Currys Ireland is €99.99!

Just bought one, using Parcel Motel.

Couldn't pay with Revolut or with AIB Debit card.
    Couldn't pay with Paypal using either of these either.
    Eventually paid with Paypay using AIB Visa Credit Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

BowWow wrote: »
    This clock is back on reduced price in Curry UK. Now on sale at £39.99, but on it's own without the Google Home Mini.
    Last week the price in the UK was £79.99.
    For comparison, the price today in Currys Ireland is €99.99!

Just bought one, using Parcel Motel.

Couldn't pay with Revolut or with AIB Debit card.
    Couldn't pay with Paypal using either of these either.
    Eventually paid with Paypay using AIB Visa Credit Card.

Nice one, thanks. What did you enter for your mobile number? It's not accepting my Irish number, even if I do the 353 thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Benzino wrote: »
    Nice one, thanks. What did you enter for your mobile number? It's not accepting my Irish number, even if I do the 353 thing.

0035387xxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

BowWow wrote: »
    0035387xxxxxxx

Now I feel stupid :D It worked, thank you!

Advertisement