Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Testament1 wrote: »
    I chanced sending them a message on My3 but haven't gotten a response yet. With the wildly erratic data speeds on Three it's not worth giving them more than a tenner a month anyway.

Let me know how you get on Testament1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

I am on contract with three.ie, contract end 5.12.2019, rang to say to cancel after the 5th as I was moving to another provider.

first they offer you upgrade - no thanks dont want a 24 month contract
    then they offered me 20 euro a month sim free - no thank I can get it for 10 euro elsewhere
    then they offered me a reduced price of 15 euro per month 30 day rolling contract -
    finally they offered me 10 euro per month to match gomo deal - 30 day rolling contract

stick with it and you will get the 10 euro deal from three.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

I’m On a 30 day rolling contract €30 pm, they offered me a discount of €10, so €20 per month for 12 months, I said no and asked for cancellation to be processed. So here’s hoping for a call back with a better offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

moans3536 wrote: »
    I am on contract with three.ie, contract end 5.12.2019, rang to say to cancel after the 5th as I was moving to another provider.

then they offered me 20 euro a month sim free - no thank I can get it for 10 euro elsewhere
    then they offered me a reduced price of 15 euro per month 30 day rolling contract -
    finally they offered me 10 euro per month to match gomo deal - 30 day rolling contract

Exactly what they were offering me also. I stuck with it and got the €10 as well from next bill. Be wary it is only offered for 12 months but with the option to extend at end of 12 months. I asked them to put a note on my account, and I printed off the conversation from the chat on my3 since you cant email the chat anymore in case they give me hassle next year on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Fair play to three for rewarding their loyal customers. Saves them going through the ordeal of switching to gomo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

15 was the best they'd offer me, down from 20. Got sent this long spiel of garbage with it:

"That's the best deal at this moment. Plans that have been introduced by GOMO does sounds attractive. However, '3' is a trusted BRAND for last 15 years (since 26 July 2005) with 69 stores across Ireland and one of the leading providers with freedom to roam in almost every other continent.

We as a human always want something which will help reduce our expenditure, also there’s no catch with any of our services. Not just that we always strive our best to ensure that each and every customer who’s with 3 is rewarded and thus we’ve 3 Plus program which is exclusive program that is one of a kind and is only available with 3.  So you’ll not just be saving few extra bucks on your current plan, but you’ll also be saving money on other daily needs.

Be it a movie with your friends or with your loved ones, or shopping or exclusive chance to pre book tickets for world famous gigs and football matches.

We’re not just a brand but a family who will stick with our customer no matter what and thus we’re always there for you J  7 days a week and 365 days in a year.

We have always excelled in providing best level of support be it presales or after sale that also include huge discounts on phone cost not just during Black Friday or Cyber weekend but throughout the year.

Price plan along with 3PLUS & 3 Breaks for your stay provides you the best offers which saves approximately 15-20% of your monthly spending. We strive to improve your experience with Three along with keeping your daily needs in mind."

Told them I wasn't happy with it as it's still cheaper for the same bundle with GoMo and they wouldn't budge.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 460 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I was on 3 prepay for years before I Switced to GoMo recently, data isn't what I thought it be, can barely get 4G, maybe if I head onto chat, they might entice me to go back to them for a good deal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭iHungry

moans3536 wrote: »

Do you know if you can spend the credit via carrier billing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Skuxx wrote: »
    Best I'm getting from Three at the moment is €10 off for 12 months, currently on the €30 per month.
    Told them go ahead and put in my 30 day notice, so let's see if I get a phonecall

Did you get a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

On 30 Day Rolling.

Just opened chat, said I'm going to GOMO for a tenner, Offered 20, Said No I want 10, Said ok, It's only for 12 months but not bad for 3 mins on chat.

Happy days

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    On 30 Day Rolling.

Just opened chat, said I'm going to GOMO for a tenner, Offered 20, Said No I want 10, Said ok, It's only for 12 months but not bad for 3 mins on chat.

Happy days

What happens at the end of 12 months?

I'm on chat here and he's offering me €10 a month but for 12 months, he's checking the details for what happens after the 12 months....can they up the price when the 12 months is up?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gifted wrote: »
    What happens at the end of 12 months?

I'm on chat here and he's offering me €10 a month but for 12 months, he's checking the details for what happens after the 12 months....can they up the price when the 12 months is up?

It'll probably go up to the standard sim only price which is 30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There will probably be something else by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

Stuck on them and they're after offering the 10 euro SIM only bill pay for 12 months. Better than the 20 prepay since it includes calls which are expensive on prepay.

I got the tenner a month...happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can you hotspot ?
    That’s the main reason I’m still on prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Thanks for the heads up. Just went on chat on got the sim only €10 a month. Delighted with that as it covers everything - calls/texts/unlimited data

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭podge3

Just tried twice, via webchat and phone. No offer made to keep my custom, in fact I was informed on the phone call my monthly bill will be increasing from €20 to €28 when my contact is up at the end of November 😲.

GoMo here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭beachhead

I am on Tesco 3 were crap:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

beachhead wrote: »
    I am on Tesco 3 were crap:)

I am also on Tesco and find the perfect for my needs. But I always thought Tesco were using 3's service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SheroP

Thanks to all
    With a bit of negotiations got €10 deal
    A great bargain !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

deco72 wrote: »
    Nice one for this. Got onto them this morning. Have both mine and my wife’s on the 30day rolling contract at €30 now I got them both onto €10 a month rolling contract for 12 months and can extend at end of 12 months. Great savings.

Thats excellent, youre getting a 40 euro a month saving for the next 24 months = 960 euro saved :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just off web chat with 3, no way were they giving me the offer. Told them im leaving if they dont match. They said they are planning to lauch new plan to match GoMo but not available at the moment. I said no good to me im off to GoMo. They said bye bye:D:D. Ill wait a day to see if I get any marketing calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

I just went onto the webchat and got the same offer.
    Said I was off to gomo unless they price matched and they did.

So cheers for the heads up !!

Fcuk sake, what did I do to piss them off:(

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

Glebee wrote: »

Are you on the sim only contract?
    That's what I am on. I asked them of they could price match or I'm off, so they did.

Maybe give it another try?

CBCB wrote: »
    Are you on the sim only contract?
    That's what I am on. I asked them of they could price match or I'm off, so they did.

Maybe give it another try?

Im out of contract at the moment since early 2019. It was a two year contract I think, should that make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

They said they are planning to lauch new plan to match GoMo but not available at the moment.

Very interesting if true.

One would guess that Three will use a new shadow-brand or maybe use 48 to launch a competitive play against GoMo.

One would guess that Virgin Media and Tesco Mobile will have to do something to compete with GoMo too.

JTMan wrote: »
    Very interesting if true.

One would guess that Three will use a new shadow-brand or maybe use 48 to launch a competitive play against GoMo.

One would guess that Virgin Media and Tesco Mobile will have to do something to compete with GoMo too.

They would want to do it quick though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

I rang them this morning on a sim
    Only rolling bill of €30 pm, best they would offer was €20 pm, I declined gave my cancellation request which was duly taken. I was hoping for a call back but nothing since. Did anyone who requested a cancellation get a call back yet? I’m with them 5 years.

Advertisement