Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-11-2019, 16:51   #106
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasm View Post
Do you still get to use the Avantages discounts and cashback on their website if you switch over to this?
yes
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-11-2019, 18:57   #107
McGaggs

Does anyone use Curve with their avantcard? I'm wondering if I buy something using Curve then later use the time machine function, will it still be eligible for cashback or will it be treated like a refund and not be eligible.
Thanks from:
23-11-2019, 09:45   #108
ROSSWATSON

Phoned them today. Be aware you lose your Tesco shopping points credits if you switch, so may not be for everyone depending on where you use your card for shopping.
23-11-2019, 09:59   #109
Amouar

How long did it take you in order to receive your card? I applied on Monday and sent all the documents, but they are still under review.
23-11-2019, 21:08   #110
candyman

Could you apply for the card, get the 30 bonus and then cancel the card?

Would you still be liable for govt charge if you only had the card live for a few days?
Advertisement
23-11-2019, 23:59   #111
Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGaggs View Post
Does anyone use Curve with their avantcard? I'm wondering if I buy something using Curve then later use the time machine function, will it still be eligible for cashback or will it be treated like a refund and not be eligible.
Seems to be working. Curve card purchases are categorised by the underlying purchase type when I log on to avantcard i.e., Lidl is down as supermarket. Though to be fair I use both the curve card and original credit card and haven't tried itemising the cashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
Could you apply for the card, get the 30 bonus and then cancel the card?

Would you still be liable for govt charge if you only had the card live for a few days?
Afraid that wont work.

The €30 bonus is only paid out if you use the card in the first 90 days.

Only way to avoid the €30 stamp duty is to cancel the card without having used it within the period i.e,. April to March.

You can do one or the other but not both.
09-12-2019, 12:28   #112
Bojill

Have been thinking my cashback was a little low the last two months, so went back and checked against their list against recent transactions ( 11nov-30nov).
I received 5.67 on 1st dec.
My transactions in the cashback catagories added up to approx 9.50.
Anyone else seeing lower than expected?
Im thinking I'm missing some clause that reduces the cashback that I dont know about.
I haven't cleared the full balance the last two months, but have paid way more than minimum.
09-12-2019, 13:35   #113
McGaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q&A View Post
Seems to be working. Curve card purchases are categorised by the underlying purchase type when I log on to avantcard i.e., Lidl is down as supermarket. Though to be fair I use both the curve card and original credit card and haven't tried itemising the cashback.

I'm wondering if using the time machine function to move the payment to a different card will remove the cashback on that transaction.
09-12-2019, 23:15   #114
joeysoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojill View Post
Have been thinking my cashback was a little low the last two months, so went back and checked against their list against recent transactions ( 11nov-30nov).
I received 5.67 on 1st dec.
My transactions in the cashback catagories added up to approx 9.50.
Anyone else seeing lower than expected?
Im thinking I'm missing some clause that reduces the cashback that I dont know about.
I haven't cleared the full balance the last two months, but have paid way more than minimum.
Last month I checked my cashback against purchases. And compared it against previous month at the same time. Couldn’t reconcile it no matter what I included or discarded. Confess I gave up and just accepted the their figure. Smaller than I made it but it’s better than nothing.

Last edited by joeysoap; 09-12-2019 at 23:16. Reason: My
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-12-2019, 10:53   #115
wench

I think the month in arrears is what throws the number out.
So the money I got Dec 2nd was for charges on my November statement, which were made in October!

MonthCashbackPrevious Statement balance
Dec12.001278
Nov7.37624
Oct9.46951
Sept5.96906
Aug12.001129
(2) thanks from:
10-12-2019, 17:38   #116
Bojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wench View Post
I think the month in arrears is what throws the number out.
So the money I got Dec 2nd was for charges on my November statement, which were made in October!

MonthCashbackPrevious Statement balance
Dec12.001278
Nov7.37624
Oct9.46951
Sept5.96906
Aug12.001129
I didn't realise that, thanks.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image