Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-01-2018, 15:49   #1
Faugheen

Rosemary Mac Cabe suggests #yesallmen...then claims she was joking

Am I the only one that sees something very wrong here yet people aren't taking her to task?

https://twitter.com/rosemarymaccabe/...34437585592321

She's spewing her man-hating nonsense, now suggesting that all men are involved.

She followed it up with this:

https://twitter.com/rosemarymaccabe/...34754289070081

This suggests to me that she is very, very serious. Anyway, someone from 98fm seemed to get in touch with her, because then she tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/rosemarymaccabe/...17254131032066

...how can she joke about something like this? James Corden made Weinstein jokes and was rightly criticised, this woman then suggests all men are involved and claims a joke yet nothing.

She has thousands of followers yet continues to get away with hate-filled nonsense like this. Why have none of the media done anything?

She needs to be taken to task over this yet it seems people are afraid to because it would look like they're attacking women. She doesn't deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as feminists and what they're fighting for.
Advertisement
15-01-2018, 15:51   #2
ohnonotgmail

who?
(242) thanks from:
#Smokey#, ...__..., 2smiggy, AlanG, alchemist33, andekwarhola, AnnaSophia, Army_of_One, AuldDaysul, Bacchus, backspin., banie01, Barry Badrinath, BeeBob, benjamin d, Big Nasty, Bill G, Billy86, Birneybau, bluewolf, Bobby42, brooke 2, Bunny Colvin, CalamariFritti, Caliden, Candie, Canis Lupus, cantdecide, captbarnacles, cefh17, Cessna_Pilot, ChunkyLover54, cisk, clairewithani, coffeebean22, Cookie_Monster, dan1895, Danjamin1, DanMurphy, darced, daveyeh, DavidLyons_, dayslikethis, deadlineday, DebDynamite, Del.Monte, DirtyBollox, dmigsy, dogbert27, Don't Chute!, donegaLroad, donegal_man, Dravokivich, Dub Ste, DubDJ, El Weirdo, endacl, evolving_doors, Fann Linn, Feisar, Fighting Tao, For Forks Sake, Foxhound38, FoxyVixen, frag420, freedominacup, freyners, Frisbee, FrKurtFahrt, FTA69, GarIT, gilmour, GingerLily, glenkeo, Glico Man, Gloomtastic!, gobo99, GoneHome, Grayson, GreeBo, GritBiscuit, Guffy, Gunmonkey, h2005, Hector Savage, hellyeah, heroics, housetypeb, idle, Ineedaname, Insect Overlord, interlocked, Irish Praetorian, Iseedeadpixels, ixoy, Jawgap, JayZeus, JCX BXC, Jesus Wept, Jimmy Bottlehead, jive, jmcc, joebloggs32, joefuss1986, JOSman, jsa112, Juanito13, Jude13, JupiterKid, K.Flyer, Kaizersoze81, Keyzer, kingchess, klaz, Kobe Repulsive Groundhog, koutoubia, LaChatteGitane, LadyMacBeth_, lawred2, Lithium93_, loalae, LollipopJimmy, Loomis, Love2love, manonboard, marcbrophy, Marje, maximo31, mayobumblebee, McGaggs, McGrath5, Meeoow, megadodge, Meleftone, Mellor, me_irl, mikemac2, mikhail, mirrorwall14, mloc123, mobby, MonkieSocks, Mr. Guappa, Mr. Incognito, Mrs OBumble, muddypaws, Mugatuu, munster87, musiknonstop, mynamejeff, Negative_G, Nekarsulm, Ninja Avenger, nkav86, Noveight, nullzero, o1s1n, omega man, one armed dwarf, Outkast_IRE, p to the e, parttime, PCX, Peatys, Pepefrogok, pjohnson, PMC999, Posy, Pretzill, psicic, Purple Mountain, questionmark?, QuietMan2010, R00ster, RabbleRouser2k, RacoonQueen, RainMakerToo, rannerap, Reati, relax carry on, retro:electro, Rezident, RHJ, RichTea123, Rjd2, Roar, RobbieTheRobber, RobertKK, Roger Hassenforder, ronkmonster, Rory28, Rubberlegs, Rumpy Pumpy, Sand, Saruhashi, scarbouro, scuba8, seamus, SecretsOfEarth, Seph503, serfboard, Sergio Georgini, shampoosuicide, Sherfin, Shoesdayschild, Sierra Oscar, Skylinehead, Sofiztikated, soups05, Specialun, SSr0, Suckit, Suckler, Sue Pa Key Pa, Sugar Free, super_furry, sydthebeat, Tabnabs, The Floyd p, TheChevron, TheIrishGrover, the_syco, The_Valeyard, This Fat Girl Runs, Tim the Enchanter, Titzon Toast, Tom Mann Centuria, tomwaits48, tomwaterford, Topgear on Dave, Ulysses Gaze, Ursus Horribilis, VG31, Vic_08, Vowel Movement, wakka12, WallyGUFC, wes, Whatsisname, yermandan, YFlyer, Zulu
15-01-2018, 16:01   #3
Grayson

apparently it's the end of civilization.

Here's a rule of thumb on boards. The people who post about feminism are the people who dislike feminism. the people who post about cyclists are the people who hate cyclists. The people who post about islam... well, you get my drift.

This thread will be a group of people claiming that she's a nazi or discriminates against people. They'll compare her to Stalin or Mao or someone. They'll get all wound up and after a few pages it'll die.

Until tomorrow when a new tweet is found for them to get outraged about.

Of course at this point in reading this someone is already preparing to quote me and say "Why don't you actually supply an opinion" or "This should matter"

This is a tweet. By someone that most of us have never hear of. Posted by someone who was looking for a reason to be outraged. It's a non news item and shouldn't be thought of twice.

BTW, The OP asks why the media aren't doing anything about this. Well apparently from his own post it's going to be on the radio.
15-01-2018, 16:02   #4

I have no idea who she is. The world contains many people who you should ignore or give no credence to. People say all kinds of nonsense every day. They're best just ignored in the most part. The fact she has thousands of 'followers' on twitter means nothing to me and won't have any impact on my life, so let her waffle on.
15-01-2018, 16:03   #5
Candie

I'd say the people most likely to be outraged by this are also the people who are outraged that other people feel outrage at some other outrage.

There's going to be outrage, is what I'm saying.
Advertisement
15-01-2018, 16:05   #6
Pac1Man

Thankfully beyond the internet in this country, none of this carry-on has any impact in day to day life for the normal person.
15-01-2018, 16:05   #7
Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I'd say the people most likely to be outraged by this are also the people who are outraged that other people feel outrage at some other outrage.

There's going to be outrage, is what I'm saying.
I for one am outraged.
(4) thanks from:
15-01-2018, 16:05   #8
Boom_Bap
Landfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
I for one am outraged.
I like to rage out when I'm inraged.
15-01-2018, 16:06   #9
eviltwin

Complete nobody says something stupid on twitter.....im more interested in why people get bothered by these random comments than the comments themselves.
Advertisement
15-01-2018, 16:08   #10
razorblunt

I love the snowflake emoji in her name.
15-01-2018, 16:09   #11

Oh my isn't she the little catch !
15-01-2018, 16:09   #12

We have to be outraged or people will appear here outraged at the fact that we aren't outraged by this. Sometimes you just can't do right for doing wrong.

Last edited by Srameen; 15-01-2018 at 16:49.
(2) thanks from:
15-01-2018, 16:10   #13
Omackeral

She's a cabbage. Anyone giving her much attention, for or against, is also a cabbage. The end.
15-01-2018, 16:10   #14
ohnonotgmail

She makes Louise O'Neill look reasonable.
15-01-2018, 16:12   #15
Omackeral

I think she needs a good all fashioned rogering, with expressed written consent of course.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion