Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brother HL 3040CN Laser Printer

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hardly Normal doing a colour Samsung at the moment for €119, which is outstanding a for a laser. I bought a B&W one for €129 incl a free toner.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pavelpro

whiterebel wrote: »
    Hardly Normal doing a colour Samsung at the moment for €119, which is outstanding a for a laser. I bought a B&W one for €129 incl a free toner.

I checked their site nothing there for this price, is it instore promotion?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

pavelpro wrote: »
    I checked their site nothing there for this price, is it instore promotion?

I presume so. i was in Castlebar store today and they had a stack of both by the door.

Sorry to the OP BTW for derailing their thread.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

picked up one of these printers the brother HL-3040CN for €223 in harvey normans, was advertised at €249, got it for €223 with a bit of haggling.

nice printer.. usb and network port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Never had a home colour laser - how do they compare with a good inkjet?
    Don't particularly need photo quality - for that I find the deals at Snapfish/ALDI et al will do fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Got this in my inbox today:

http://www.office1web.ie/Brother-HL3040CN-Colour-Laser-Printer-234714-Brother-Laser-Printers

Best price I've seen for one of these (new anyway). I've got 2 of them around the office. Toner lasts longer if you perform a bit of "count wheel resetting" but all-in-all a decent little workgroup colour laser printer.
    It would be useful if you posted up the price. According to your link this is 410.45 (RRP €419.25) 2% Saving
    so hardly a bargain.
    223 in HN however does seem much better, thanks Ingen
    and 119 for Samsung - thanks whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

wil wrote: »
    It would be useful if you posted up the price. According to your link this is 410.45 (RRP €419.25) 2% Saving
    so hardly a bargain.

At the time the OP posted it was much cheaper than that, althought I can't recall the exact price I think it was around €150
    dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Never had a home colour laser - how do they compare with a good inkjet?
    Don't particularly need photo quality - for that I find the deals at Snapfish/ALDI et al will do fine.

Be careful what you buy dowtchaboy, running costs can vary widely so do a good search of reviews before purchasing. I fell into the trap of buying a Xerox Phaser 6125N on the spur of the moment when it was on an offer of just over €100. I checked prices of compatible cartridges before buying and all seemed fine, it was only afterwards that I found a lot of reviews saying that the printer eats through cartridges. I now plan to get a set of compatible cartridges for it and then refill myself as toner and a chip resetter are available for it cheaply on ebay, that should keep the costs well down, the printer itself is very nice quality.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

wil wrote: »
    so hardly a bargain.

Generally speaking if you arrive at a Bargain Alert almost a fortnight after it was posted the price will have returned to normal. Most people would have enough sense not to criticise the OP under those circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Most people would have enough sense not to criticise the OP under those circumstances.

Perhaps, but the point is well made I should have posted the price at the time. It was around the 180 mark afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Perhaps, but the point is well made I should have posted the price at the time. It was around the 180 mark afaik.
    Generally speaking a useful observation is far better than a pointless gripe. Some bargain alerts remain active for months others for a day, either way the initial information is worthwhile. And sensible.

Thanks OP for clarifying.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement