Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HP Wireless InkJet Printer/Scanner/Copier €49

• 24-01-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Apologies if posted already (I searched and couldn't see it anyway)

Went to buy ink in Harvey Norman, total cost of black and colour cartridges was 43euro. bought a new printer instead for 49euro with scanner and wireless connectivity and full inks €49

http://www.harveynorman.ie/hp-photosmart-wireless-e-allinone.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done! Goes to show what a ripoff original inks are. If you have not used the printer yet, install compatible inks in the initial installation. The software might complain, but continue on regardless. After that the printer should accept any cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Well done! Goes to show what a ripoff original inks are. If you have not used the printer yet, install compatible inks in the initial installation. The software might complain, but continue on regardless. After that the printer should accept any cartridge.

Is this to go with any printer? As I have an epson and it sometimes is funny with spurious inks - would it be worthwhile buying a new one and sticking in non epson inks to get it working?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Kevin! wrote: »
    Is this to go with any printer? As I have an epson and it sometimes is funny with spurious inks - would it be worthwhile buying a new one and sticking in non epson inks to get it working?

Yes, especially with Epsons. I have bought the SX215 and SX 415 over the past 6 months. Got multipacks of compatible ink from www.amazon.co.uk for £10.99. www.justmedia.ie also have very good value in compatible Epson ink.The Epson software grumbles during initial installation of the ink but carry on regardless and the printer will accept the compatible ink. You will save an absolute fortune in ink.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

was the ink included in the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

How does this compare performance-wise and consumption-wise with the HP Deskjet F4580? My local Tesco are selling those off for €49.99 incl. two HP 300 cartridges... but this takes four individual HP 564 cartridges, which should represent better value/less waste than the tri-colours (?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

100gSoma wrote: »
    Apologies if posted already (I searched and couldn't see it anyway)

Went to buy ink in Harvey Norman, total cost of black and colour cartridges was 43euro. bought a new printer instead for 49euro with scanner and wireless connectivity and full inks €49

http://www.harveynorman.ie/hp-photosmart-wireless-e-allinone.html

Do you have the model no. Of this printer? Just want to check cost of cartridges first , thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

I bought this a few weeks back. the offer is on since xmas. its a savage printer.

Inks can be got online alot cheaper than in store.

Its showing up on my network as a B110a on the box its HP Wireless Printer eAIO

No usb cable included ( not needed since it can work over ur network)

it updates over the internet from the small menu screen on it.

peckerhead wrote: »
    How does this compare performance-wise and consumption-wise with the HP Deskjet F4580? My local Tesco are selling those off for €49.99 incl. two HP 300 cartridges... but this takes four individual HP 564 cartridges, which should represent better value/less waste than the tri-colours (?)

check the volume (ml) in each cartridge and compare. divide the price by this and you get the €/ml price.

You can get cartridges online that have double the ml of a high useage cartridge for 20 euro. If i remember correctly its 28 ml compared to something like 15 ml for the high usage HP.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Looks a real bargain. Their all-in-one 6500 looks good value too. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Also going seriously cheap on Amazon UK (€45ish), with free super saver delivery:

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

just to let everyone know that this is compatible with iphone and ipad for wireless printing

u can send an email to the printer and it will print anything out.

Anyone know how to get the proper model no. of this printer so I can check the cost of compatible cartridges on the likes of inkjet.ie?

Really want but have to be sure I can get cheap cartridges first!

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get the proper model no. of this printer so I can check the cost of compatible cartridges on the likes of inkjet.ie?

Really want but have to be sure I can get cheap cartridges first!

B110a on the box its HP Wireless Printer eAIO

edit: 30 second searching on amazon - cn2425b inks are hp 364

grrrr

My husband bought this on saturday for €75!

grrrr

My husband bought this on saturday for €75!

if its unopen bring it back for a refund....make some excuse...

iknorr wrote: »
    if its unopen bring it back for a refund....make some excuse...

Unfortunatley not, I guess he could go buy one in Harvey Norman and then bring that one back to the other shop with the €75 receipt! (joking btw!)

He bought it because it was €60 to buy ink for our lexmark printer and this looked nice for €75, it's on the company expenses as a printer (or ink) was required, so not too big a deal.

Just don't buy this in PC world!

By the way, very nice and very fast printer, haven't used the other functions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Bought this last week from amazon and just seen the compatible inks on inkjet.ie but they are "without chip". Will they work and do I have to trick the machine into using them?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Bought this last week from amazon and just seen the compatible inks on inkjet.ie but they are "without chip". Will they work and do I have to trick the machine into using them?

+1 interested to know this too. Is is the HP364 cartridges that this printer takes?

Inket.ie are a 5er a peice or 15 for a bundle, anyone know where thay can be had cheaper?

• Advertisement

ffs,
    here ye go ye lazy sods!!!!

https://www.inkmaestro.ie/pdf/manual364XL.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have been getting ink for our Epson (x700W, me thinks) @ http://www.inkredible.co.uk cheaply enough.

ffs,

what a pain in the arse having to pull of chips and glue them to the compatible cartridge! First off, that means you actually have to buy all original cartridges to begin with, and probably again when the chip gets knackered from pulling it on and off.

That place(inkmaestro) is well expensive too!
    Thanks for the effort tho:)

ffs,

To be fair it's a completely different site and I did check the faq :p

Ink maestros prices are quite higher but then they do list the amount of ink in each where as inkjet doesn't. Also maestro seems to include some mysterious liquid to help remove the chip. Decisions decisions...

cojomo2 wrote: »
    what a pain in the arse having to pull of chips and glue them to the compatible cartridge! First off, that means you actually have to buy all original cartridges to begin with, and probably again when the chip gets knackered from pulling it on and off.

That place(inkmaestro) is well expensive too!
    Thanks for the effort tho:)

Well the printer does come with a set at the start so as long as you're careful it shouldn't be too big a deal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

peckerhead wrote: »

Individual cartridges are indeed better.
    With a 3 in 1 cartridge you ll have to replace the entire thing when 1 colour is gone. You ll find that sometimes the other colours are not even haf done before yellow (i think that was the one most used) is gone.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Well the printer does come with a set at the start so as long as you're careful it shouldn't be too big a deal.

You sure?

edit: I see the OP mentions it came with inks, just doesn't say it on the HN website, it has inks listed as 'optional extras'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Outstanding value, thanks OP. brilliant that it works with iPad too!!!!
    HN also doing Samsung Laser printers - Colour €119, B&W €129 incl a free toner valued at €78. I bought a B&W and the HP. Fantastic bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Would that hp wireless printer work on the galaxy tab ,as the tab does not allow printing by cable ,ie it just works on certain wireless printers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

its in tesco for €43

Advertisement