Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Request] PS TV/Scart Cable

• 05-04-2004 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Giving an original Playstation away to a friends kids - but its missing the tv cable (dog ate it maybe).

Anyways - they used to sell them for 5 euros in Game - but not anymore.
    Scart type or modulator type fine.

Anyone got a spare cable or know where I can pick one up cheap.
    Will a PS One or a PS2 cable fit the original grey Playstation??

Cheers,
    Ozmo.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Maplin sell TV modulators and cables for a host of consoles (including the PlayStation series). I think you're looking at about 15 euros?

As regards compatability, I had the same problem as you, only backwards - I lost the AV cable for my PS2 and am using one for my old PS1 (not a PSOne, the big sqaure one) with no problems - as far as I know, they're interchangeable.

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by Inspector Gadget
    Maplin sell TV modulators and cables for a host of consoles (including the PlayStation series). I think you're looking at about 15 euros?

As regards compatability, I had the same problem as you, only backwards - I lost the AV cable for my PS2 and am using one for my old PS1 (not a PSOne, the big sqaure one) with no problems - as far as I know, they're interchangeable.

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

Thanks :) so the PS and PS2 AVI cables are the same - that will make it easier for me to source onbe.

Oh - The Scart one (square plug, wire and scart plug on end) was a lot simplier, cheaper and was a much better qualiy picture than the Modulator type (square plugwith a black box in middle and a antanae plug on end)
    If you are using a modulator yourself you should try a scart plug.

Cheers,
    ozmo.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I'm aware of the difference between the RF Modulator and the Scart cables - but I have a VCR and an XBox plugged into the same TV so I needed to connect the PS2 some other way as I'd run out of SCART sockets :D

Thanks for pointing it out though...
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just to finish the thread - got a PS2 cable that fits for 10 euros in Dixons. Kids were happy. ta all.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement