Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-04-2004, 14:46   #1
ozmo

[Request] PS TV/Scart Cable

Giving an original Playstation away to a friends kids - but its missing the tv cable (dog ate it maybe).

Anyways - they used to sell them for 5 euros in Game - but not anymore.
Scart type or modulator type fine.

Anyone got a spare cable or know where I can pick one up cheap.
Will a PS One or a PS2 cable fit the original grey Playstation??

Cheers,
Ozmo.
Advertisement
05-04-2004, 18:05   #2
Inspector Gadget

Maplin sell TV modulators and cables for a host of consoles (including the PlayStation series). I think you're looking at about 15 euros?

As regards compatability, I had the same problem as you, only backwards - I lost the AV cable for my PS2 and am using one for my old PS1 (not a PSOne, the big sqaure one) with no problems - as far as I know, they're interchangeable.

Hope this helps,
Gadget
05-04-2004, 18:36   #3
ozmo

Quote:
Originally posted by Inspector Gadget
Maplin sell TV modulators and cables for a host of consoles (including the PlayStation series). I think you're looking at about 15 euros?

As regards compatability, I had the same problem as you, only backwards - I lost the AV cable for my PS2 and am using one for my old PS1 (not a PSOne, the big sqaure one) with no problems - as far as I know, they're interchangeable.

Hope this helps,
Gadget
Thanks so the PS and PS2 AVI cables are the same - that will make it easier for me to source onbe.

Oh - The Scart one (square plug, wire and scart plug on end) was a lot simplier, cheaper and was a much better qualiy picture than the Modulator type (square plugwith a black box in middle and a antanae plug on end)
If you are using a modulator yourself you should try a scart plug.

Cheers,
ozmo.
05-04-2004, 18:45   #4
Inspector Gadget

I'm aware of the difference between the RF Modulator and the Scart cables - but I have a VCR and an XBox plugged into the same TV so I needed to connect the PS2 some other way as I'd run out of SCART sockets

Thanks for pointing it out though...
Gadget
13-04-2004, 17:36   #5
ozmo

Just to finish the thread - got a PS2 cable that fits for 10 euros in Dixons. Kids were happy. ta all.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion