Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easca Mattress Discount

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Indeed, I took a chance on the Emma king-size whilst it was on offer...

I'll see how it fares when I get it. If it's crap, I'll try getting it collected again and try the Eve Hybrid instead as those were the 2 on my short list.

I'm hoping it's not crap though, as it will be my third mattress in nearly 3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

I'll be interested to know how ye both get on with those.

I decided to go with a Briody Elite in the end.. more conventional technology.. pocket springs etc..
    Hopefully it will be good when it arrives now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aoife179

How are yee getting on with your mattresses? I’ve 3 mattresses to buy, all European sizes & hoping to get something more comfortable than Ikeas options. Would love honest feedback re Emma & Easca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

We're just over three years into our Easca. To be honest, I've been wanting to replace it for the last year but haven't been able to. I'd tried contacting Easca over warranty, the memory foam drops down so much in the middle, but there was no communication.

It sags, it smells. You can't flip it over. I don't think these are problems exclusive to Easca, it's more likely an issue with how a memory foam bed is built.

As soon as mattress shops are back open and pandemic restrictions ease, we'll be going back to a traditionally built mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

OldBean wrote: »
    We're just over three years into our Easca. To be honest, I've been wanting to replace it for the last year but haven't been able to. I'd tried contacting Easca over warranty, the memory foam drops down so much in the middle, but there was no communication.

It sags, it smells. You can't flip it over. I don't think these are problems exclusive to Easca, it's more likely an issue with how a memory foam bed is built.

As soon as mattress shops are back open and pandemic restrictions ease, we'll be going back to a traditionally built mattress.

I have a memory foam mattress from Memory foam warehouse. It is the second one that I have bought from them. I do not have the issues you describe with mine.
    Any smell from outgassing was gone within a few days. I placed 19mm plywood on top of my divan base to ensure that the mattress did not sag.

I swear by MF mattress' and would not go back at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Ours doesn't smell of the packaging gas, it just has a hum off it. We're clean folk, shower every day and change bedsheets once a week, but it's definitely picked up a smell of BO that other mattresses haven't in the past. It doesn't stink the room out, but when you're spending eight hours a day lying in it, it's not great.

We upgraded bed frames 18 months into using the Easca and it definitely helped, but starting three inches from the sides it begins to sag heavily.

I've never had either issue on a non memory foam bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

OldBean wrote: »

For me its the only mattress that doesn't give me back pains, and it doesn't smell. However, I agree you cannot flip it over, only flip it 180 degrees horizontal.

As for the gutter, I am sleeping in a massive gutter, and it is not bouncing back. I emailed them over this issue and after lots of back and forth they gave me a new mattress. Same thing happened again. As it turns out, the mattress is for 125 kilo p/p max. So if you are overweight with back pains, this might not be the mattress for you. I was miffed they dont put this weight restriction on the front page or the check out as a warning. Its in their FAQ somewhere buried between dozen of questions and buried in their T&C. Anyway, my fault for not reading it, their poor customer service for not putting it in big red letters.

Anyway, it pains me to say this, but if you are not overweight, this is probably a very good mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

My wife and I sleep on an Emma mattress on top of an Ikea Brimnes Superking frame with wooden slats, we ordered it when the Black Friday sales were on.

My wife liked it from the get go, whereas I took a while to get used to it as I found it to be just a wee bit on the soft side. However, I found out you could ask Emma to send out a comfort layer. So I requested a firm one and wasn't that impressed when it just basically turned out to be a sheet of foam but alas I added it to the mattress and it did actually make a difference.

Been sleeping soundly on the mattress ever since. We've not experienced any sagging in the middle but then again the mattress is only 7 months old. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PapaBooje

Aoife179 wrote: »
    How are yee getting on with your mattresses? I’ve 3 mattresses to buy, all European sizes & hoping to get something more comfortable than Ikeas options. Would love honest feedback re Emma & Easca

We have returned ours. Contrary to the other review we have had no issue returning it - customer support replied promptly but courier did not show up on the agreed day. It was collected few days later. Reason for a return - I'm a 100kg bloke, I was literally sinking in into the mattress, way too soft for me - remember, there're no springs to push against your body. My other (50kg) half liked it, but she did miss a "bounceness" of a spring mattress. So we ended up paying more and getting a solid super king mattress from a local shop were we could try it before the purchase. All in all - if 90 days free returns policy for Easca mattress is still in place you could try it, as you might like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

All things considered, these mattresses that are advertised a lot don't seem to be very good.
    Eve, emma, casper, leesa etc....

I haven't heard anyone that has had them long term, would recommend them.
    I hadn't heard of Easca, but I am guessing it is similar to the rest? N

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I bought a mattress from them in their 40% off sale and never got it. They wouldn’t honour the order because I bought it from their UK site as it was much cheaper. They come rolled in a big box and they had nothing about having a policy for not sending them from up north (Where they are based) to parcel motel in Newtownabbey.

Took almost a month of back and forth emails to get my money back. They were horrendous to deal with. I got the impression one poor person is dealing with all of their orders for the UK and Ireland as I only received correspondence from them.

Wouldn’t recommend it. Would never buy from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ecdi

I was about to buy an Easca mattress and then I came across this thread. Anyone have anything good to say about either Emma or Easca. BigMicky seems to be good but lot of options wouldn't have a clue which one to go for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

I had the Easca and found it just okay. After a week we decided it's not for us as it wasn't as firm as our last foam mattress so we decided to avail of the 100 night guarantee. Absolute nightmare attempting to return it and get our money back to be honest but we eventually did after 4 months (yes that's right 4 months) of back and forth and the invisible courier. They then attempted to tell us we had used it for 4 months despite taking it off the bed and into the log cabin waiting for collection after the first week.

It's advertised as medium firm but to me it's a very soft firm if that makes sense. Our last mattress was a medium firm and this didn't compare.

I had the Easca and found it just okay. After a week we decided it's not for us as it wasn't as firm as our last foam mattress so we decided to avail of the 100 night guarantee. Absolute nightmare attempting to return it and get our money back to be honest but we eventually did after 4 months (yes that's right 4 months) of back and forth and the invisible courier. They then attempted to tell us we had used it for 4 months despite taking it off the bed and into the log cabin waiting for collection after the first week.

It's advertised as medium firm but to me it's a very soft firm if that makes sense. Our last mattress was a medium firm and this didn't compare.

Thanks for reply. What did you end up going with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

ecdi wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. What did you end up going with?

Ended up going with the Simba premium seven zoned mattress. Got it from the UK through Amazon. It was 405 euro including delivery for a double. It's definitely firmer than the Easca but support is not too firm if you get me. I guess mattresses can be great for one person and useless for another but this one was perfect for us from the first night until now.

Ended up going with the Simba premium seven zoned mattress. Got it from the UK through Amazon. It was 405 euro including delivery for a double. It's definitely firmer than the Easca but support is not too firm if you get me. I guess mattresses can be great for one person and useless for another but this one was perfect for us from the first night until now.
    How did you pick that?

Advertisement